F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Terrible service (again)
ARMA SPEED

04-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #23
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F31 330d X-Drive M-Sport

I've been removing wheels from cars for the best part of 10 years now. Either to clean them or to change a set winter/summer (and sometimes to check for pressure issues).

I can safely say I've never had any issues until now. I use a Snap On breaking bar as per the manual that came with it and Sealey alloy sockets (the ones that come with protection).

I think the only way I would have been able to avoid the damage would have been to use an impact air wrench. Dealers use them, but you end up damaging the lug nuts in the long run and they go rusty.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #24
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Sorry but the main point is the car comes with a warranty, mechanical and paint, both different.

The extra accessories MAY come with a warranty but it is a limited warranty, as in it does not form part of the main warranty !!!!

So talk about door handles falling off, engines blowing up and forming small black holes is totally irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #25
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F31 330d X-Drive M-Sport

It's interesting you view the wheel bolts/locking nut/nut key as accessories. I would expect them to form part of the car's normal warranty as they were supplied with the new car.

The winter wheels are obviously an accessory and they will have their own separate warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:34 AM   #26
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AndyH- View Post
It's interesting you view the wheel bolts/locking nut/nut key as accessories. I would expect them to form part of the car's normal warranty as they were supplied with the new car.

The winter wheels are obviously an accessory and they will have their own separate warranty.
The wheel nuts are part of the cars warranty yes but not sockets, nut key and bar.

However even the wheel nuts would not be covered if an owner cross threaded them, used copper grease and over tightened them, etc.

Remember a limited warranty could be for lifetime of the item etc, so would you really want just a 3 year warranty with some parts?

Where possible you keep individual parts with their own specific warranty type.
Mechanical, corrosion, paint, etc.
Appreciate 0