F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
proTUNING Freaks

04-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #199
shag
pullin a boat
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Has anyone checked if the M Sport package will be available on the 328i? If so, when & how much?

2021 X3 M40i, Phytonic/Cognac
Past:
2017 330i xDrive Touring M Sport, EBII, Dinan
2014 328d xDrive Touring M Sport, BSM/CR.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #200
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
@JTUDS

I feel your frustration buddy!

So what have you decided? I'm also in between. I just got a good deal but it's on a lease. I'm thinking whether I should lease or not? Never done it before!

I'm also thinking of waiting for the 2013 model instead. If I place an order, it's going to be in May or June so I might as well wait an extra month and get the 2013 model.

Let's see...Mercedes is offering awesome rates for this Saturday and Sunday only and Audi is quite low too. I wish BMW would just look around and adjust accordingly. :

You should drive the C350...you might like it. The pricing is a lot beter and yo get more, but the feel of the drive is different.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #201
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Amazing how little the dealers seem to know considering that they're wanting us to buy $60-$70k cars from them eh....
Yup....works great. U can lock your door from work, if u might have forgot. You know how you get that panic when u have a nice ride left in a parking lot?

It also keeps a log on your phone of events completed. Once in awhile the event fails but it notifies you. It takes about one minute to complete a task.

U can also flash your lights and honk the horn to impress your friends.....yeah it's gay...but cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #202
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmule
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Amazing how little the dealers seem to know considering that they're wanting us to buy $60-$70k cars from them eh....
Yup....works great. U can lock your door from work, if u might have forgot. You know how you get that panic when u have a nice ride left in a parking lot?

It also keeps a log on your phone of events completed. Once in awhile the event fails but it notifies you. It takes about one minute to complete a task.

U can also flash your lights and honk the horn to impress your friends.....yeah it's gay...but cool.
LOL

that's a good one!

So I can lock my car from anywhere as long as I have BMW Assist with Ext. Bluetooth, correct?

What's the feature called where I can read my text messages on the iDrive? I thinks that's really cool! Does it work for emails too?
      04-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #203
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds
Quote:
@JTUDS

I feel your frustration buddy!

So what have you decided? I'm also in between. I just got a good deal but it's on a lease. I'm thinking whether I should lease or not? Never done it before!

I'm also thinking of waiting for the 2013 model instead. If I place an order, it's going to be in May or June so I might as well wait an extra month and get the 2013 model.

Let's see...Mercedes is offering awesome rates for this Saturday and Sunday only and Audi is quite low too. I wish BMW would just look around and adjust accordingly. :

You should drive the C350...you might like it. The pricing is a lot beter and yo get more, but the feel of the drive is different.

Yeh man I thought about the C350 and got a really good quote for it. But I don't know why I keep coming back to BMW...

I might just go for it and lease the vehicle. Hopefully in the next 4-6 years I plan on getting my first M3!!!

I thought long and hard about the M3 but the difference of $10K may be less but for me personally, considering my young age and lots of things to do, I just don't feel comfortable in forking out another 10G's...hence I've decided to get what I can for now and get the ultimate driving machine in a few years time...
      04-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #204
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Guys I need some advice...

I have received a quote from a dealer that is not in Mississauga. He's roughly a 2 or 3 hour drive away from me.

He asked me to fill out a credit application form and to take pictures of my drivers license, ownership of current car which will be traded in, insurance slip and my credit card.

I don't feel safe giving away this personal info on the net or over the phone but this is a BMW dealer. Is it safe for me to do this? After all he said he's going to have BMWFS call me to discus my application further.

I also emailed BMWFS in Canada asking if I can give my personal credit info via an email.

Otherwise I'm going to have to drive all the way to the dealer. He said he'll also deliver the car to me in Mississauga and I can sign the rest of the papers then.

Any suggestions?
      04-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #205
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmule View Post

I've been trying to find out if the BMW Remote application functions like locking/unlocking the doors remotely works here in Canada. It sounds like you already have your car and have this working. Is that the case? I won't get my car for another week and the last time I asked the dealer about this function they told me it isn't supported in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #206
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I have received a quote from a dealer that is not in Mississauga. He's roughly a 2 or 3 hour drive away from me.

He asked me to fill out a credit application form and to take pictures of my drivers license, ownership of current car which will be traded in, insurance slip and my credit card.

I don't feel safe giving away this personal info on the net or over the phone but this is a BMW dealer. Is it safe for me to do this? After all he said he's going to have BMWFS call me to discus my application further.

I also emailed BMWFS in Canada asking if I can give my personal credit info via an email.

Otherwise I'm going to have to drive all the way to the dealer. He said he'll also deliver the car to me in Mississauga and I can sign the rest of the papers then.

Any suggestions?
2-3 hours...is it BMW London? Windsor? If it's London you can get here in 1.5 hrs easy.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #207
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
I've been trying to find out if the BMW Remote application functions like locking/unlocking the doors remotely works here in Canada. It sounds like you already have your car and have this working. Is that the case? I won't get my car for another week and the last time I asked the dealer about this function they told me it isn't supported in Canada.
Would like to hear from someone about this too. Also, what features are available on the app here.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #208
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:

Any suggestions?
Have you settled on this dealer and his price, and is this to.... finalize the contract??

If it's for negotiating, I've never had to release any of this info to any BMW dealer.

They will check your credit. Unless you've settled on this dealer, if you decide to buy elsewhere, they'll check your credit again. More checks on your credit = more flags raised. Best to keep those to a minimum.
      04-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #209
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i

Any suggestions?
Yes you can trust them. I did the same thing with the same dealership once we agreed on the deal. It's safe and normal.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #210
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Anyone with a 328i here in Canada experiencing the vibrating issue in the steering wheel?

There's another thread talking about vibration and a lot of people are complaining about it. I hope the problem is fixed up by BMW?

Please let us know if any Canadian F30's are experiencing this problem...
      04-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #211
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

@Rashid:

Thanks bro! That makes me feel a lot better. I'll let you know once I finalize my deal!

Getting close...
      04-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #212
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Anyone with a 328i here in Canada experiencing the vibrating issue in the steering wheel?

There's another thread talking about vibration and a lot of people are complaining about it. I hope the problem is fixed up by BMW?

From this forum the number of affected people doesn't seem that high compared to the apparent number of owners. There don't seem to be that many Canadian F30 owners on the forums though, so I wonder whether any would be affected.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #213
Inf123
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Hi does anyone have any info on approx how much xdrive version of 328i will cost? also anyone have info on if we can install a car starter in this car? I live in alberta so the winters get really cold and I park about 2 blocks away from where I work so this would definitely be nice.

As for pricing I've read that its reasonable to look into deals for around ~$1000 above invoice?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #214
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
I'm north of the GTA.....and it works. It did fail a couple of times but again it does notify you. Which is nice so you can then physically go and lock the door. Keep in mind it does take a minute. That is what the dealer is likely referring to when they say it's not supported. I'm sure the signal is going to a "distant" server. But I can assure you it does work and it is a fun toy.....and again got a lot of oohs and ahhhs from the lads two of them who have M3's.

You know you need drive assist for that app right to work right? Your dealer has to set up the account and give you a pass/pin.

Apps/connected drive is pretty neat too. Completely unnecessary, but just good fun. My poor friends have to get FB updates about what i'm doing in my new bimmer. These features have nothing to do with driving, but it adds to the uniquness of the product....and general enjoyment of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #215
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm north of the GTA.....and it works.
What are all of the available functions?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #216
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Can someone we please better explain me the benefits of BMW Assist with Ext. Bluetooth?

I know BMW Apps allow you to use twitter and Facebook in re car but what exactly does BMW Assist do?

Is it this feature that allows you to view your text messages and email on the idrive?
      04-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #217
carconvert
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Luxury Line

Quote:

I haven't experinced the issue but I'm also curious to know if my fellow canucks are seeing it
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #218
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
What are all of the available functions?
Download the BMW remote app to your iphone or ipad and check it out. I found all of the features to work on my car. It's pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #219
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can someone we please better explain me the benefits of BMW Assist with Ext. Bluetooth?

I know BMW Apps allow you to use twitter and Facebook in re car but what exactly does BMW Assist do?

Is it this feature that allows you to view your text messages and email on the idrive?
BMW Assist is basically onstar, and enhanced Bluetooth allows you to stream music from your phone without plugging it in.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #220
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Download the BMW remote app to your iphone or ipad and check it out. I found all of the features to work on my car. It's pretty cool.
Well the reason I was asking is that I don't own an iPhone or an iPad. However I'll consider getting one if the features are good. Does it let you do anything with the climate control?
Appreciate 0