F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone want to do the UDE for me?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Talking Anyone want to do the UDE for me?

I'm in the middle of negotiating for a bmw 3 series and was just about to buy the car, was planning on going tomorrow, but just realized I could get another $1000 credit if I show up for the UDE in washington this upcoming saturday. The thing is, while it'd be a blast to go, I really don't care that much to show up for it. Is it possible/allowed by bmw, for someone to go for me and I can get the credit or will they be checking drivers licenses with registration to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Yes, they check ID's. However, you don't need to drive anything; when you get there, you register, and within a day or two you'll get your credit code via email. $1000 for five minutes is worthwhile. Driving the cars is just a cherry on top.

I attended last week. I drove the 650i convertible (big and powerful, but not as agile as the Mercedes SL they also had)...and the 335i MSport, which was a blast.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Yes, they check ID's. However, you don't need to drive anything; when you get there, you register, and within a day or two you'll get your credit code via email. $1000 for five minutes is worthwhile. Driving the cars is just a cherry on top.

I attended last week. I drove the 650i convertible (big and powerful, but not as agile as the Mercedes SL they also had)...and the 335i MSport, which was a blast.

I think you're confusing the ultimate driving experience with the drive for team usa event? I did the drive for team usa, which was really just a test drive, but the ultimate driving experience is a whole course through a track with a bmw.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Indeed, my apologies. I didn't realize UDE carries with it a credit as well; can you combine them?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Indeed, my apologies. I didn't realize UDE carries with it a credit as well; can you combine them?
I believe so. I told the manager I'm working with for my car I planned on doing the event and he didn't mention that I couldn't combine the two incentives. I'm going to see today if he might be willing to just discount the car another $1000. Would save me a lot of trouble flying in to do the event, as fun as it might be, and he would be able to sell the car an extra week early.
Appreciate 0