F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Hydro2?
ARMA SPEED

12-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Hydro2?

Hi all,

My first post here -- I searched for this and didnt see any other thread on the subject...

I'm due to pick up my new 435 GC in glacier silver soon... My buddy swears by HydrO2 for his cars. Anyone have experience with this on a bmw?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 03:38 AM   #2
OdinAutoDetailing
Glorified Car Washer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

I use it all the time. Dilute it properly and make sure you don't let it sit on paint, especially in the sun. Spray it on, hose, done. You should contact Corey Caruth of CarPro USA for more info on this product, and you'd want to buy it from him (15% off coupon code on the website use DETAILINGADDICT). I am sure he will suggest the option of coating it with CQuartz first, which is a good idea--but be realistic about your skill level. These are professional grade products and if you screw up, plan on calling a professional detailer to fix it. If you put in the effort to research, learn, and go slow, you can do it. You can also use it to top whatever wax/sealant you'd like, use it on wheels, plastic, etc. Expect 3 months out of it on its own.

His info:
Corey: 407-670-9758
www.carpro-us.com

Feel free to check out and "Like" my Facebook business page.
facebook.com/odindetail
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Thanks much for your reply.

Do you have a preferred product that you use in conjunction with Hydro2 (other than CQuartz), either above or below? I'd be particularly interested in knowing what you prefer on top of it for gloss/depth...

To your point regarding layering Hydro2 on top of something, I have previously used Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP). I actually had emailed Corey in the past about this, and this was his reply FWIW:

"I LOVE both and the new UPGP is even easier then it use to be! Hydro2 is easiest in the world but I digress… I would NOT use them together. Zero benefit and in fact they will take away from one another imo. I would use one or the other. Yes, either one will interfere with the other -"

Again, thanks...
~J
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
OdinAutoDetailing
Glorified Car Washer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Corey is the expert with his own products. Always defer to him. I use Hydro2 on paint as more a top up product than stand alone unless I am just doing quick wash and wax type details for customer cars. Like say 2-3 months after the first time I mess with a car. I definitely use it on wheels though a lot.

You really just have to decide what sort of protection you're looking for. Feel free to private message me your number and I will be happy to give you a call and chat about detailing as it would take me too long to type it all out.

Feel free to check out and "Like" my Facebook business page.
facebook.com/odindetail
Appreciate 0