F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > STOLEN 2016 White 335d MSport (FX16 NWA)
Studio RSR

11-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #45
James-335dx
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
I guess a sticker in the window to say it’s got a tracker would help with the deterrent too I would have thought..?!?
Worth a go for £7.49
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #46
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
@strongs_uk have you put this on any local Facebook groups or social media apart from this forum? Often they get parked up locally for a couple of days to see if they have a tracker fitted before moving them on ( this happened to mine and Op Cundall found it ).
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #47
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongs_uk View Post
Appreciate the well wishes but not sure what you mean about advertising the car to thieves. It’s parked on my driveway just like any other car. The only reason it stood out was because it was a nice car, not a lot I could do about that.

We are however revising certain security around the house prior to buying another.
Yep. Across all forums you see some lovely car pics on normal driveways, I say normal as not in bling houses.

That said since the early 2000's when manufacturers started beefing up car security the next best thing for thieves was to simply walk down the side of the house and steal the keys from the kitchen side. Or just walk in the front door.

I guess they got the keys ? Its a pain in the arris but a steering lock is really the only solution. Cars with steering locks tend not to go walkies and they would simply walk on by. Obviously dont keep the key with the car keys.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #48
335d Touring Xdrive
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
I guess a sticker in the window to say it’s got a tracker would help with the deterrent too I would have thought..?!?
Having a sticker won't stop them stealing a car. It just means if you do find your car, the interior will be ripped apart by them trying to find the tracker.
Best bet is prevention is better than a cure. Layers of security is far better than any sticker. Ghost would be top of my list. Steering wheel lock. Passive car alarms seem to be few and far between these days, but a good deterrent. And make sure you buy Gap insurance on your next car.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 05:43 AM   #49
strongs_uk
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
@strongs_uk have you put this on any local Facebook groups or social media apart from this forum? Often they get parked up locally for a couple of days to see if they have a tracker fitted before moving them on ( this happened to mine and Op Cundall found it ).
Yes it's on our local facebook group and has been shared to neighbouring villages. It's also on the Midlands Stolen Car Group.

We filled in some paperwork for operation cundall but there is another form they need us to fill out. It's been nearly 5 days now though and the police are really busy as they mentioned that our village and joining villages are currently being hit hard. I don't hold much hope for getting it back and I'm not sure I want it back now
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #50
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Did you have the Connected Drive app installed? You might be able to track it via that.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 06:15 AM   #51
strongs_uk
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Did you have the Connected Drive app installed? You might be able to track it via that.
Have it installed on my iPhone. Doesn't work if they disable GPS in the cars iDrive menu.

Plus, I think you need a paid subscription for the additional features.

I have tried a few times since the car was taken and it cannot locate the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #52
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCAIDS View Post
I'd personally not want mine back if it's stolen, as sad as that sounds. I love my car too much, but having known its been stolen and trashed to an inch of it's life, means the cars then tainted to me. I'd rather it disappear.
Hiya BIFCAIDS, wouldn't have thought a little bit of thrashing would worry you, lets face it, the way you have your car specced, isn't to have it tootle around Warrington after all, i'm sure it never breaks the speed limit
Another Warrington person wahoo! Well actually I'm in the Wirral now. Should arrange a mini meet.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #53
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Another Warrington person wahoo! Well actually I'm in the Wirral now. Should arrange a mini meet.
Hi Rusty, it is BIFCAIDS that's from Warrington, and funnily enough, in the summer he did arrange a little meet at the Trafford Centre and about ten of us did turn up, if you want to arrange another my friend please go ahead, i'm game
Appreciate 0