F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New toy!
ARMA SPEED

10-30-2019, 06:12 AM   #23
TaranF32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongs_uk View Post
The car looks very nice! However did you read the garage reviews? I almost purchased my car from that garage and then I read the reviews on Google. I don't mean to worry you but one guy purchased a clocked car from there and most of the M performance parts including the wheels are aftermarket 'fakes' it seems which they fit themselves when the cars come in (sometimes badly)

Have a look on google it's hard to miss the bad reviews unfortunately.

Some here too:
https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/d...nshire-england
I've also heard the same over on the F3X facebook group. I personally wouldn't buy a car with 'replica' wheels. This dealer seems to bulk-buy replica parts which are quite cheap on eBay, fits them to F3X cars, and then charges an inflated premium for them.

I'd hope you have no issues with the car, however I personally wouldn't buy from them.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 07:03 AM   #24
teamshock nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaranF32 View Post
I've also heard the same over on the F3X facebook group. I personally wouldn't buy a car with 'replica' wheels. This dealer seems to bulk-buy replica parts which are quite cheap on eBay, fits them to F3X cars, and then charges an inflated premium for them.

I'd hope you have no issues with the car, however I personally wouldn't buy from them.
Yes i read all the reviews and visited them before i purchased the car.

They never claim that the kits or wheels are genuine. In fact they offered up the information before i even asked them, i don't see how they can have negative reviews based off of using non genuine parts.

In terms of price i actually found them to be really good compared to garages closer to me, i certainly wouldn't say they are charging a premium because of the kits. If anything they are using it to make their cars stand out from all the others on trader etc, and it worked in my case. It would also cost a shed load more to be buying a genuine m-style kit, m wheels and having them fitted.

In terms of my experience with them for purchase they were excellent. They are very open and not at all pushy. I went there during the week, saw two 335d's in their "raw" form. Pre any kits, wheels or cleaning. That's exactly how i wanted to see them, with no glittery bits to distract me from any actual issues. They also knew i was going so its not like it came as a surprise to them.

Unfortunately its human nature for someone to write bad reviews when they have an issue (and rightly so) than it is for someone to praise a company when they have a great experience.

No complaints from my side, friendly bunch, honest and well priced.
Appreciate 1
TaranF32129.50
      10-30-2019, 08:04 AM   #25
strongs_uk
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshock nick View Post

They never claim that the kits or wheels are genuine. In fact they offered up the information before i even asked them, i don't see how they can have negative reviews based off of using non genuine parts.

In terms of price i actually found them to be really good compared to garages closer to me, i certainly wouldn't say they are charging a premium because of the kits. If anything they are using it to make their cars stand out from all the others on trader etc, and it worked in my case. It would also cost a shed load more to be buying a genuine m-style kit, m wheels and having them fitted.

In terms of my experience with them for purchase they were excellent. They are very open and not at all pushy. I went there during the week, saw two 335d's in their "raw" form. Pre any kits, wheels or cleaning. That's exactly how i wanted to see them, with no glittery bits to distract me from any actual issues. They also knew i was going so its not like it came as a surprise to them.

Unfortunately its human nature for someone to write bad reviews when they have an issue (and rightly so) than it is for someone to praise a company when they have a great experience.

I'm happy to hear that they were upfront on this occasion with you. In my experience people will go to the effort to write good reviews if the service is exceptional.

I purchased my car a couple of months back from AUV Porsche & Prestige Hinckley and their reviews on google are 5 star throughout also here: https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/d...rshire-england

I shopped around a bit and got a great local deal on a 335D with all genuine M sport parts, low mileage and some tasteful mods. Sadly it got STOLEN just a couple of nights ago (another story) I'm on the lookout for another but personally I will choose to avoid S James Prestige.

I hope your experience is a trouble free one and as mentioned earlier I'm not trying to scare you, just wanted to make you aware (if not already aware of some of their sales / vehicle history) and anyone else considering buying from this company for that matter as we all spend a lot of money on these toys.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #26
TaranF32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshock nick View Post

So long as you're happy with the car and they've supported you then that is all that matters. Again, I'm only basing my opinion on what I've heard from others. Hope you enjoy the car, I must admit, they do have good taste in alloy wheels and adding the M performance parts
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #27
Busted
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

I looked at a car at st james prestige. A lot of there cars just seemed poverty spec with a shiny set of replica wheels and a replica kit stuck on

I was convinced that the one i looked at had a shady past as the brake wear and seat was excessive for 20k miles and the tyres were mismatched. They hadnt fitted the kit straight either.

Each to their own i suppose and i sincerely hope that the op has bought a goodun 👍
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #28
teamshock nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaranF32 View Post
I'm only basing my opinion on what I've heard from others.
Unfortunately though that is the issue.

Some people have first hand bad experience. They talk about it on forums, review sites etc. People read it and regurgitate it even though they have no experience themselves.

Then all of a sudden that one person who actual had an issue turns into a ton of people moaning about something they just hear about through someone they dont even know.

Its not a dig at you by the way, i'd do the same thing if i had read bad stories.

I read the reviews and decided to go see them and judge myself.

Who knows maybe the wheels and kit will fall off tonight!
Appreciate 0