F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Disgusting work done at BMW dealership.
Studio RSR

09-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #45
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Man I would be sooo mad, I hope you get this thing sorted out. I would very wary of taking my vehicle to them again, I hope you have a choice.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #46
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Unacceptable........
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #47
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

WTF - total ghetto repair job! Ive said it before, felt tape is your friend when it comes to rattles. Take those panels off yourself, clean that crud off with gooBgone, apply foam tape to the spots that meet and rattle together, and put them back on.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #48
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine435i View Post
People think BMW techs at a dealership are at some sort of prestigious level or highly trained above that of lesser brands like Honda or Nissan. They're not. They all went to the same trade-schools you see advertised on late-afternoon talk shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
Why would you say that? Someone might believe you. Honda and Nissan are lesser brands? THATS how BMW owners get a bad rep.
He said that because it's true. Master techs are usually very, very experienced and don't get these crap jobs of de-rattling and doing this kind of work. There are B-level, A-level, and master techs. This is definitely a B-level tech job.

Having said that, it also depends on how much the tech takes pride in their work. This was not just the result of incompetence; this is lack of pride in doing a good job.

The other thing you have to understand is that the majority of techs make good money because they get in line for a job, get it in, do the bare minimum to complete the ticket - no additional attention paid to anything else - and kick it back out the door. Then they're back in line for another job. It's the way all large shops and dealerships are done.
      09-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #49
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, that is terrible. I wonder if that is standard procedure for all BMW dealers or just what the dealership you took your car to decided to try and to to fix the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 12:03 AM   #50
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

OP - did you get the car fixed? I think they used Home Depot workers for your car! You know, those dudes who stand out side under the tree waiving down anyone with a pickup truck. They had some left over spray foam insulation from a previous patch work done at an apartment.
This is why I don't take the car to my dealer. Last year, when it hit 500 miles it had a "drivetrain malfunction". They replaced the turbo then returned my car with dirty paper floor mats inside, dusty all outside, empty tank, and with a surprise CEL! I was LIVID! They were playing "pass the hot potato" too - no one wanted to take ownership at that time. One more day later my car was returned: waxed, detailed, with a full tank of gas. But, I already lost trust. My door handles and dash creeks on bumps, but I won't take the car in. God forbid I take my car in for them to change the oil, I do this myself and get great satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 12:10 AM   #51
DanielBimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_
OP - did you get the car fixed? I think they used Home Depot workers for your car! You know, those dudes who stand out side under the tree waiving down anyone with a pickup truck. They had some left over spray foam insulation from a previous patch work done at an apartment.
This is why I don't take the car to my dealer. Last year, when it hit 500 miles it had a "drivetrain malfunction". They replaced the turbo then returned my car with dirty paper floor mats inside, dusty all outside, empty tank, and with a surprise CEL! I was LIVID! They were playing "pass the hot potato" too - no one wanted to take ownership at that time. One more day later my car was returned: waxed, detailed, with a full tank of gas. But, I already lost trust. My door handles and dash creeks on bumps, but I won't take the car in. God forbid I take my car in for them to change the oil, I do this myself and get great satisfaction.
Yeah I got it fixed. And I'm with you on that hahah
Appreciate 0