F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Shoutout to Svache for Coding my F30. Wow!
Extreme Powerhouse

06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #45
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbmw View Post
let me know how it goes....
Coded! Ok enough threadjacking.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
+1 hes useful and informative, one of the best people on this forum. Pity i dont live in america, id be straight over there if i did
Something about feathers and my rear... thanks man, I appreciate it

lol if you refer to the US mainland, I still live about 2500 miles from that

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #47
R Dot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

dont know if anyone asked this. but are you looking into coding to having the rear L shape LED's in the taillights on while the DRL's are on?

that's how it is in my '11 X5 but noticed that some newer cars with the Corona LED's don't have the rear LED's on as well during the day.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #48
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dot View Post
dont know if anyone asked this. but are you looking into coding to having the rear L shape LED's in the taillights on while the DRL's are on?

that's how it is in my '11 X5 but noticed that some newer cars with the Corona LED's don't have the rear LED's on as well during the day.
I really haven't looked into that part but I'm pretty sure it can be done as I saw some clear indications for that

I'll take a look later today and will get back to you

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #49
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just looked quickly at the functions and it looks like it is indeed possible.. haven't had time to test it out though but will let you know once I did

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
R Dot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

nice!

i dunno if its just me or others as well, but i just like how it looks when the L shape LED's are on at all times for all the new models.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #51
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I checked and it's possible... part of it at least lol

For some reason, the DLR part of the tail lights is only the outer lights.. Maybe, just maybe, there might be a way to turn the inner lamps on too but I have no idea yet if it's really possible.

At first I kind of liked how this looked like.. now I'm not so sure, it starts to remind me of those new Honda Civics lol. Then again, you wouldn't see it like this during day, of course.

I don't know if I will keep my lights like this, for now it'll do I guess If you want to code your car yourself, the function is located in the following spots (left and right lamps):

REM_01 -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_L_OUTPUT -> set 'off' to sl_l

REM_01 -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_R_OUTPUT -> set 'off' to sl_r

I'll also add this to the cheat sheet in the coding thread

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #52
HiTek
Info-Maniac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport

Great stuff Svache!!! I need to find someone in Germany to do the basic coding for me!
MW 328i Sport/Premium, Cold Weather & Tech Pkgs/Sport Auto. Trans/Variable Sport Steering/Xenons/Park Distance Control/M Performance Black Kidney Grills & Gloss Black Whiskers/Black Gloss roof Wrap/Dinan Exhaust/aFe Intake/JB4 w/ Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #53
Slwdrvr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post

For some reason, the DLR part of the tail lights is only the outer lights.. Maybe, just maybe, there might be a way to turn the inner lamps on too but I have no idea yet if it's really possible.

At first I kind of liked how this looked like.. now I'm not so sure, it starts to remind me of those new Honda Civics lol. Then again, you wouldn't see it like this during day, of course.

I don't know if I will keep my lights like this, for now it'll do I guess If you want to code your car yourself, the function is located in the following spots (left and right lamps):

REM_01 -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_L_OUTPUT -> set 'off' to sl_l

REM_01 -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H_R_OUTPUT -> set 'off' to sl_r

is that a honda civic? haha just kidding man, would be awesome if you did find out if the innerlamps could be coded for DRL. can't wait to get my shipment already and just code away! thanks a lot for your help svache!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #54
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:

reminds me of an old school accord. not so much the actual lighting but what the lighting does to the apparent shape of the lights
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #55
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I think they made it like this (meaning tails with dlr's) because then people would see the difference between dlr's and normal lights, just like there's a clear difference on the front of the car.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #56
Slwdrvr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Maybe the inner lights are the rear fog lights? Like how we had to get the euro-light switch or do the rear-fog light switch mod for the E90. You ever thought about that? Maybe if you can search for some relation for rear-fogs in the coding list; I wish I could help, but I don't have my F30 yet ):
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #57
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwdrvr View Post
Maybe the inner lights are the rear fog lights? Like how we had to get the euro-light switch or do the rear-fog light switch mod for the E90. You ever thought about that? Maybe if you can search for some relation for rear-fogs in the coding list; I wish I could help, but I don't have my F30 yet ):
I did see the functions for the rear fog lights but it just describes the rear fog lights. You certainly don't want these turned on, though, they're going to be super bright compared to the normal ones.

Thing is, the German name for the lights that I turned on is 'tagfahrlight', which means as much as 'day drive light' or DLR's. These were the only ones with such a name. I did see all other lights that we know about, but no option for the inner led's to turn on with the DLR's as well.

Now, when I was writing this, I was going through the functions and naming all the options it has... and guess what I found.. I think... the inside light (also the inside break lights btw, currently it only breaks on the outside lights... guess some coding needs to be done ). Funny thing is, the names for these are UNIVERSAL_# (a number where # is), I never thought these could be used for that.. guess the function told me different just now..

I'll be coding for a bit, I guess xD

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #58
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ok, so this any better?

Funny thing is, when I was going through those oddly named functions (universal bla bla), I found four functions for the 'inner bremse', or the inner brake light, that are currently turned off.

Now, if you currently brake in the F30, only the outside lights light up for brake lights. I have read that, when you break really hard, the inner lights should light up but I have never seen this happen, no matter how hard/fast I used the brakes.

I am wondering if these functions that I just noticed could have anything to do with this. I did try them out just now but turning them on didn't do anything (making my wife come down for nothing as she had to brake for me lol) so I guess the next step is to see if there are actually bulbs there in the inner section of the tail lights. It would make sense it's not doing anything without the bulbs, of course

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #59
daxtor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 335i

Quote:
I have read that, when you break really hard, the inner lights should light up but I have never seen this happen, no matter how hard/fast I used the brakes.
You can try getting your ABS to kick in, then your inner brake lights should light up. I see this from time to time on the track (and my previous E46 did that too).
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #60
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 Alpine White

Master Svache is at it again! Nice work on turning on the brake light DRL.

2016 F80 M3 Alpine White / Sakhir Orange / DCT
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #61
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
This just gets better and better!

Are the rear tail lights actually LED then?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #62
Slwdrvr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so this any better?

Funny thing is, when I was going through those oddly named functions (universal bla bla), I found four functions for the 'inner bremse', or the inner brake light, that are currently turned off.

Now, if you currently brake in the F30, only the outside lights light up for brake lights. I have read that, when you break really hard, the inner lights should light up but I have never seen this happen, no matter how hard/fast I used the brakes.

I am wondering if these functions that I just noticed could have anything to do with this. I did try them out just now but turning them on didn't do anything (making my wife come down for nothing as she had to brake for me lol) so I guess the next step is to see if there are actually bulbs there in the inner section of the tail lights. It would make sense it's not doing anything without the bulbs, of course
Wow that looks fantastic! Beautifully done!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #63
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
While we're on the subject of lights does anyone know if the cornering function of the front fogs can be deactivated?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

It works well and, if anyone outside actually notices, it is apparent the fog turns on and off with turning; that is, nothing is broken.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #65
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk

It works well and, if anyone outside actually notices, it is apparent the fog turns on and off with turning; that is, nothing is broken.
Broken?
Just personal preference/experimental purposes for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #66
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
This just gets better and better!

Are the rear tail lights actually LED then?
I believe they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
While we're on the subject of lights does anyone know if the cornering function of the front fogs can be deactivated?
I just checked and, although I didn't test it, it does look like it's possible.

If anyone wants to try this, I think it should be the following functions (based on the translation of 'abbiegelicht'):

FEM_BODY -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_OUTPUT -> orig: al_l -> change to: off
FEM_BODY -> 3062 LceLampMapping1 -> MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_OUTPUT -> orig: al_r -> change to: off

Appreciate 0