F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Weird issues after HU_NBT Update...
ARMA SPEED

04-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Weird issues after HU_NBT Update...

So I flashed my entire car to 54.1. I haven't had any problems with anything EXCEPT for mainly HU_NBT.

First and Main Issue: Every so often, it will randomly just show a screen saying "NO SIGNAL". I have to hit the volume button once and it will restart usually.

Second Issue: I also made a long trip and was cruising at about 95mph in the middle of the night, and out of nowhere, all of my electronics shutoff for a second and started back up. The engine didn't even die. But the KOMBI turned off and on, the headlights flickered, the HUD was gone, and HU_NBT wouldn't start back up. Even after I pulled over and turned the vehicle off, locked it, unlocked it, and turned it back on, the headunit would not start at all, there were no gong chimes or anything and the HUD wouldn't start. I ended up checked the battery and the terminals were connected tight but I unplugged the battery for about 5 minutes and retighten the terminals and everything worked again. This could have been worse if the components didn't restart while driving 95mph.

I'm not sure how relevant the second issue is to flashing, but the first issue has never occurred to me on 52.1. I followed all the proper procedures and precautions before flashing a vehicle and there were no errors or issues during the flash.

Anyone have similar issues or any ideas?
Attached Images

2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Hmm when I had a blown fuse, I didn't get the no signal message on the screen like you did so that might not be the issue. Do you hear the fans running from the head unit? You should be able to hear it running when you turn off the engine and leave the car on ignition.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Hmm when I had a blown fuse, I didn't get the no signal message on the screen like you did so that might not be the issue. Do you hear the fans running from the head unit? You should be able to hear it running when you turn off the engine and leave the car on ignition.
I can't really tell because it's usually mid-drive when it just shuts off like that. I'll check next time, but I still don't know why it's doing that...
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0