F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > HUD language display
proTUNING Freaks

07-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Hongkie-Ken
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i Sedan

HUD language display

Hi all,

Tried to search google and forums for HUD language display but didn't get much help so decided to try here.

Does anyone know if different region BMWs allow different languages to be displayed on the HUD?

Reason I ask is because the Chinese on my mp3s/phone book can be displayed on the navigation screen, but all chinese characters shows up as "??????" on the HUD.

Therefore, I was wondering if other country's BMWs can display different languages on the HUD, is there a fix for mine?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkie-Ken View Post
Hi all,

Tried to search google and forums for HUD language display but didn't get much help so decided to try here.

Does anyone know if different region BMWs allow different languages to be displayed on the HUD?

Reason I ask is because the Chinese on my mp3s/phone book can be displayed on the navigation screen, but all chinese characters shows up as "??????" on the HUD.

Therefore, I was wondering if other country's BMWs can display different languages on the HUD, is there a fix for mine?

Cheers,
There is no way because you need to have write a chinese Vin number into your Kombi (instrument cluster) module and this module can only have one vin written to it. And if your cluster module doesnt match with the rest of the car you will get an Tampered light on the instrument cluster.

you need to get a chinese vin number, write it into every module in the car then change your VO code for your region to 866(Traditional and simplified chinese) it will also display japanese but not korean.

Then you will have your HUD show chinese. but when you go into the dealer for anything and they read your cars VIN a whole new list of problems will come out..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
Hongkie-Ken
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i Sedan

Ahh understood!

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0