F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Bashing Thread
proTUNING Freaks

02-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #265
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
I'm amazed this thread is still going... honestly don't know what's happened this place in the last few days, some very strange threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6times7 View Post
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #266
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Well that was bizarre, quite glad I dug out the "my previous cars" tangent 24 hours ago

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 05:52 AM   #267
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Adaptive ride?
Alas not.

I am investigating the possibility of an aftermarket solution.
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      02-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #268
P1 PET
Major
Rep
Drives: BOX ON WHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChumley View Post
Oh do keep up!

His "knowledge" of cars clearly comes entirely from youtube videos and online reviews, plus a smattering picked up from forums.

Nothing wrong with a schoolkid being interested in cars but the bullshit gets a bit wearing after a while.
And family's car business. Grew up around cars since was born from day 1.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #269
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40CCA View Post
10yrs ago I had my head in the clouds a bit always looking at stupid cars I couldn't really afford
It's just I had nowhere to post all my crazy ideas apart from annoying the Mrs with it
My current job gives me only peanuts. What I make in a year is what my brother makes in a month. Very different life. I once asked him on the phone "is it OK to send me £300k into my account" he replied "if you really need it, I'll try" man I cried lol and told him I was only joking and there's no way I will take free hang out like that with a straight face. Different thing if it was an inheritance lol. It's okay to dream about cars you like and that's why they're called dream cars. Some of the things I always used to dream in the past became reality. Never thought I would become the owner of a lovely house before I turned 25. Never thought I would be able to afford a new bmw saloon before I even passed the driving test. So yes, you just got to dream it, believe it and achieve it. and be positive...
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #270
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 PET View Post
Quote:
10yrs ago I had my head in the clouds a bit always looking at stupid cars I couldn't really afford
It's just I had nowhere to post all my crazy ideas apart from annoying the Mrs with it
My current job gives me only peanuts. What I make in a year is what my brother makes in a month. Very different life. I once asked him on the phone "is it OK to send me £300k into my account" he replied "if you really need it, I'll try" man I cried lol and told him I was only joking and there's no way I will take free hang out like that with a straight face. Different thing if it was an inheritance lol. It's okay to dream about cars you like and that's why they're called dream cars. Some of the things I always used to dream in the past became reality. Never thought I would become the owner of a lovely house before I turned 25. Never thought I would be able to afford a new bmw saloon before I even passed the driving test. So yes, you just got to dream it, believe it and achieve it. and be positive...
Should have took the 300k and got yourself a 458
      02-14-2017, 05:30 AM   #271
rich100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You want to be careful there mate, the FCA in the uk are a bit twitchy at the moment about large sums randomly appearing in bank accounts from overseas..... stay safe
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:32 AM   #272
rich100
Colonel
Rep

It might be better in future if he were to distribute it randomly via a large number of brown envelopes
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      02-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #273
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

Can't believe I've just read 13 pages of this

Many questions.

1) P1 PET why don't you work with your family if they're so successful in business? Would make sense?

2) You seem to like the C43 AMG. Forget the 440i and get a C43? Simple?

This is pretty obvious to most here but you seem to be comparing COMPLETELY different cars and then saying one is bad and the other is amazing. Well yeah, a V8 Vantage would be better/faster/nicer/more luxurious than a Corsa

You have to compare similar cars. A 440i is comparable with a C43 and an S5. Not really comparable with a Cayman. So yeah, a C43 probably sounds better in stock form but BMW do an M Performance exhaust for around £800 I believe (someone let me know what the actual price is. Genuinely interested), or a full MPPSK for around£2k which includes a remap/performance ECU and a full exhaust system. I'm sure that'll give you the extra power you mentioned you'd like from the 440i and the sound would be more up your street?
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 03:33 AM   #274
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03 View Post

Many questions.

1) P1 PET why don't you work with your family if they're so successful in business? Would make sense?

This is pretty obvious to most here but you seem to be comparing COMPLETELY different cars and then saying one is bad and the other is amazing. Well yeah, a V8 Vantage would be better/faster/nicer/more luxurious than a Corsa

You have to compare similar cars. A 440i is comparable with a C43 and an S5. Not really comparable with a Cayman. So yeah, a C43 probably sounds better in stock form but BMW do an M Performance exhaust for around £800 I believe (someone let me know what the actual price is. Genuinely interested), or a full MPPSK for around£2k which includes a remap/performance ECU and a full exhaust system. I'm sure that'll give you the extra power you mentioned you'd like from the 440i and the sound would be more up your street?
- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 3
sahajesh2294.00
rich100874.50
      02-15-2017, 03:43 AM   #275
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstein View Post
I couldn't
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 03:47 AM   #276
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

Quote:
I couldn't
Just keep playing it.....you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:25 AM   #277
Gixerste
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430D m sport, 340i m sport

Quote:
Where the hell have you been to do 24000 miles today
To the moon and back ... opps sorry that was just the meds ...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #278
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post
You want to be careful there mate, the FCA in the uk are a bit twitchy at the moment about large sums randomly appearing in bank accounts from overseas..... stay safe
Thanks for the advice mate. They've already sent me prepaid card which allows me to withdraw cash anywhere in the world, but I've used it only a few times. It's charges too much every time I withdraw some amount and I'm OK with income from work. So, will use it only for emergency. Bro sent me £20k twice into my account from a bank in Singapore in the past when I was in college.. No problem with FCA, may be it's because it wasn't not a huge chunk.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #279
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:

Many questions.

You clearly have no clue. Entry level porsche is even slightly cheaper than 440i. That's why they are comparable in terms of price bracket.

And I would quit my job right now and work for dad's company if business was in UK. And I lived with mum in the past here and thought it would be betrayal to side with dad and leaving mom behind on her own.

If you read previous pages you will see I mentioned about reconciliation with dad. And I refused his help many times in the past, estranged, as I wanted to show them that I may be no where close to their level in terms of money but I can at least stand on my own feet without their help.
Appreciate 2
M40CCA1437.00
sahajesh2294.00
      02-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #280
Darth Helmut
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435d XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZDsUGiGqM
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 01:57 AM   #281
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You clearly have no clue. Entry level porsche is even slightly cheaper than 440i. That's why they are comparable in terms of price bracket.

And I would quit my job right now and work for dad's company if business was in UK. And I lived with mum in the past here and thought it would be betrayal to side with dad and leaving mom behind on her own.

If you read previous pages you will see I mentioned about reconciliation with dad. And I refused his help many times in the past, estranged, as I wanted to show them that I may be no where close to their level in terms of money but I can at least stand on my own feet without their help.
You weren't talking about price though? You were talking about how the cars 'feel'. Which is why you can't compare a go kart like sports car to a larger coupe.

Even in monetary terms, the 440i isn't comparable with the C43. When I spec'd a C43 to what spec I'd choose it was £9k more after discounts!

Someone tell me "do not feed the troll" please
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2017, 06:07 AM   #282
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Quote:

You weren't talking about price though? You were talking about how the cars 'feel'. Which is why you can't compare a go kart like sports car to a larger coupe.

Even in monetary terms, the 440i isn't comparable with the C43. When I spec'd a C43 to what spec I'd choose it was £9k more after discounts!

Attached Images

02-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #283
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanF30 View Post
What is happening here
Thats what I was thinking... ADHD, Red Bull and too much time I think. I've not been around much, far too busy with work to even fire up a browser

A few comments, although I only made it to page 5 so apologies if I missed anything.

The 40i engine sounds lovely, if you want something quiet and subdued but with a rasp. It's trying not to wake the neighbours. But if you want something that lets them know your leaving each morning then bag then the Mperf exhaust. It sounds great. My mate's M140i made me embarrassed of the nasty 4-pot ruckus my wife's Golf R was making...

Discounts and low APR make the BMWs very attractive to many. As do the understated looks. They tend not to bling up their working class cars like you'll see with the AMG, S-line trim etc, not everyone wants that. Of course, you can get alot of the Mperformance bits from your dealer but don't expect to see any cars in the showroom with them attached.

So it's horses for courses, I was very tempted by an S4 Avant but went for the 335d touring. Less interest, more discount, and more receptive dealer all helped. Coming from a 510hp V8 RS6 with a non-resonated Miltek it felt like a bit of a climb-down but actually I quite enjoy a car that looks smart but un-assuming.

That said - I am having a bit of car ADHD at the moment, I've looked (read: online) at R8s, 997 Turbo's TTRS, S5, RS3, Cayman etc recently. I'm all over the shot. Perhaps driving a diesel for a few years has done this, I should have just got the 340i and I'd still be placid
Appreciate 1
BrennanF301469.00
      02-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #284
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:

I compare any car with different sizes, shapes or power as long as they're within my price bracket. And please do not reply if you don't want me to answer your questions or explain doubts you have.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #285
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_T_Boss View Post
Thats what I was thinking... ADHD, Red Bull and too much time I think. I've not been around much, far too busy with work to even fire up a browser

A few comments, although I only made it to page 5 so apologies if I missed anything.

The 40i engine sounds lovely, if you want something quiet and subdued but with a rasp. It's trying not to wake the neighbours. But if you want something that lets them know your leaving each morning then bag then the Mperf exhaust. It sounds great. My mate's M140i made me embarrassed of the nasty 4-pot ruckus my wife's Golf R was making...

Discounts and low APR make the BMWs very attractive to many. As do the understated looks. They tend not to bling up their working class cars like you'll see with the AMG, S-line trim etc, not everyone wants that. Of course, you can get alot of the Mperformance bits from your dealer but don't expect to see any cars in the showroom with them attached.

So it's horses for courses, I was very tempted by an S4 Avant but went for the 335d touring. Less interest, more discount, and more receptive dealer all helped. Coming from a 510hp V8 RS6 with a non-resonated Miltek it felt like a bit of a climb-down but actually I quite enjoy a car that looks smart but un-assuming.

That said - I am having a bit of car ADHD at the moment, I've looked (read: online) at R8s, 997 Turbo's TTRS, S5, RS3, Cayman etc recently. I'm all over the shot. Perhaps driving a diesel for a few years has done this, I should have just got the 340i and I'd still be placid
I can feel your pain I also get very busy at work sometimes. But plenty of free time and get bored easily most of the time, sitting in front of a computer all day/night.

440i is very attractive, considering all the discounts and low APR dealers are offering. I don't get any of that from Porsche centre and they only said we are sorry no discount and I've managed to get only their standard rate of 6.4% for a new car. However, they explained me regarding with shocking residual, depreciation etc of bmw Merc and Audi..not sure how much M3 will be worth after say 3 years. So, it's also important to look how much a car will be worth after few years, looking only at mouth-watering discounts and contributions is not enough I think. Enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0