F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Performance Suspension Pulls Right
GetBMWParts

12-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

M Performance Suspension Pulls Right

Reaching out to all of you with M Performance Suspension installed by BMW dealer - I would like to know if any of you have noticed that the car now pulls to the right and is more noticeable at higher speeds.

Took it in for alignment a few weeks after suspension install and everything checked out according to dealer. According to BMW, the car follows the road crown and is considered normal. Not convinced, I took it to independent suspension shop and they verified the alignment is within spec.

I know it is not radial pull since the issue started as soon as the suspension was installed and I've switched wheels/tires since and the issue continues.

Anyone else noticing this? I vaguely remember seeing a post on this topic, but a search has not produced any results.

My car is a 2013 335i M-Sport 6MT with M Performance Suspension

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

I had the same thing after m perf suspension. Had tire pressure checked (at American tires, not gas station) and I don't see the issue anymore.
      12-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Jump on a 3 lane highway, get into the middle lane and if it pulls right take it back to the dealer and have them try the same test.

On a two lane road, you're always going to get a bit of right pull but the middle lane of a recent highway should have relatively flat grade.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR
Reaching out to all of you with M Performance Suspension installed by BMW dealer - I would like to know if any of you have noticed that the car now pulls to the right and is more noticeable at higher speeds.

Took it in for alignment a few weeks after suspension install and everything checked out according to dealer. According to BMW, the car follows the road crown and is considered normal. Not convinced, I took it to independent suspension shop and they verified the alignment is within spec.

I know it is not radial pull since the issue started as soon as the suspension was installed and I've switched wheels/tires since and the issue continues.

Anyone else noticing this? I vaguely remember seeing a post on this topic, but a search has not produced any results.

My car is a 2013 335i M-Sport 6MT with M Performance Suspension

Thanks!
What tires and tire pressure and tires are you running?
I don't have this issue up to 128-130mph (on a track).

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Same here. I just had M suspension installed, and haven't complete the alignment yet. It's not noticeable on the highway when I am driving at the speed limit. I notice it when I was doing a 0 - 60. I was thinking the alignment is going to fix it. Will try it again after alignment.

Also, 1 week after I put up the MPS, I found out that my driver side is slightly higher than the passenger side. Do any of you have this issue too?
      01-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I haven't had any issues other than adaptive headlight gone wrong and shot the light into the sky, which was fixed within a day.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
Same here. I just had M suspension installed, and haven't complete the alignment yet. It's not noticeable on the highway when I am driving at the speed limit. I notice it when I was doing a 0 - 60. I was thinking the alignment is going to fix it. Will try it again after alignment.

Also, 1 week after I put up the MPS, I found out that my driver side is slightly higher than the passenger side. Do any of you have this issue too?
Was recently told by a dealer that did not install the suspension that this could be due to the front springs being installed incorrectly causing one side of the car to sit higher. I have not verified height myself, but dealer has offered to check springs at no charge since it is under warranty. I will post the results next week after I get the car back.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #8
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

no issue on my car for the past 9 months on summer and winter tires. Alignment was done at time of install too not when it settled.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
Was recently told by a dealer that did not install the suspension that this could be due to the front springs being installed incorrectly causing one side of the car to sit higher. I have not verified height myself, but dealer has offered to check springs at no charge since it is under warranty. I will post the results next week after I get the car back.
I just came back from the shop where I got the MPS installed. They took deep look at it and said everything looks ok. Since the difference is only 10mm, they told me to wait and see til the springs finally sattled.

I am going to do the alignment at the local dealership next week and have them take look it while the car is in. I doubt they will do it for free since the MPS was installed elsewhere, but at least my car doesn't pull right anymore.

Last edited by Sharp_Cai; 01-16-2015 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0