F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Fuel System Malfunction or Computer Glitch
GetBMWParts

08-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
rextilleon
Rep
Drives: 325I X Drive

Fuel System Malfunction or Computer Glitch

Not a very happy camper. My 328I with only 8,400 miles had to be towed on Friday. When I got in the car, I got a message that the fuel system wasn't working properly and that I should drive the car at moderate speeds. After about 500' of driving the car totally stalled. As a result, I had to be towed to the dealer.

Was wondering whether anyone else had experienced this. I suspect that its a computer glitch, but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

Hmm... im sure that has got to be upsetting. I saw a post very similar to this one somehwere on the site, i cant remember what the resolution was but the dealer had seen it before and resolved everything under warranty. I assume since its been 10 days since your initial post that this has been resolved. Would you care to post your findings?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
rextilleon
Rep
Drives: 325I X Drive

Sorry. It turned out to be a bad fuel pump---which was replaced under warranty. I was told that there would be a recall but didn't get any other information.
Appreciate 0