F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Got it. 330d M Sport
Studio RSR

03-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Skelbo
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Saloon

Got it. 330d M Sport

Hi all.

Well yesterday I collected my F30 and it's a belting car. I actually had an M3 on order until last Friday, but my sensible head took over and I switched my deposit into a 330d that was sitting in the showroom. Alpine white and coral red.

I collected it from Edinburgh, followed by the 400 mile drive home! The first two hours were through the A and B roads alongside the forests of southern Scotland, then joined the M6 at Carlisle.

First impressions are mega. What an engine, what a gearbox! The dealer said it didn't need a run in period....... So it isn't getting one!

Steering is a little bit light and rear isofix is bloody awful (I have two kids). But I will be doing 30k miles pa in this and I know I'm going to love the driving experience. It really is a car for all seasons; quick and sporty, yet refined and elegant, economical and beautiful to look at.

My first Beemer and I'm a very happy bunny.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Congrats on your purchase

What spec has it got? Also, post some pics up.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Skelbo
Rep

Fairly simple spec. 19" rims, prof media, high gloss interior trim. I will get privacy glass done shortly. I would have liked HK sound, but the std system isn't that bad all considered and the car was sitting there ready to roll, so I took the spec as it was.

Will try to get images up, might have to do a link.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Skelbo
Rep

Lets try this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/w373/Nick_Skelton/330d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
Skelbo
Rep

Well I don't think that link worked, so here (hopefully) is one shot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Very nice. Interesting that a lot of brand new M Sports we see on here seems to sit high at the front, but yours looks fine to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Very nice. Liking the white. Think it's the first one I've seen in the UK F30 section.

White will look great with the performance grill.

Miss my 19's. Was thinking about changing back from winters tomorrow, but weathers saying it's going to be cold next week, after the warmer last few days.
      03-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #8
finnersj
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M Sport

Cool colour combination, great minds think alike! Assume you are running the passive M Sport suspension, how do you find it on the 19"s?
      03-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #9
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

nice... super quick delivery.. ive waited 7 weeks for mine and still no date!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #10
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Looks great in white with the Coral leather. I was tempted to go with that in a black F31 but wasnt sure I could live with it daily. Instead went with the safe option of EB11 with black !

I collect mine this afternoon at 2.00pm. Placed order with dealer for a factory build car to my spec on 2nd February and car arrived at the dealer last Friday 1st March. Must have been lucky to find a dealer with a changeable build slot.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #11
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Love the white and red combo.

30k per annum in an M3 would have hit the pocket rather badly, quite a change to swap to a 330d but a fantastic choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #12
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Looks great, can understand you being well pleased.

Mine is my first Beemer too (last car was my first Audi and had expected to stay Audi, but...) so we'll see if i'll be a confirmed Beemer addict from now on. Also will have to see if I stay petrol again now or switch back to diesel for the next one!

I was lucky too Steve, ordering mine first week in January and having free reign to amend a week 6 build slot.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Skelbo
Rep

Evening all. Yes, a bit different to an M3, but that would have been a weekend car. With the 330 I can enjoy it every day.

Regarding the 19s; obviously I can't compare with the 18s, but I just love the look of them. I think winter tyres would make quite a difference at the moment, but once things dry up it should grip very nicely. The passive suspension feels great to me thus far. Again, I can't compare.... What I ain't got, I ain't gonna miss.

I have also been an Audi man. Three A4s in the past 6 years. I think it was time to get back into a proper driver's car! I can well imagine me sticking with Munich for many years to come.

The coral is lovely. When I first saw it some months ago it didn't grab me, but I love it now. It isn't at all in your face. The white is also great but after 48 hrs and 550 miles it is bloody filthy already. Ah well, it's worth it.

By they way, slip it into sport, crank through the paddles and it has a really cool 'dunk' as you go into the next gear. And for a tractor engine, it sounds pretty damn good too.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Skelbo: Congratulations for choosing Coral Red Hippo Hide. Enjoy your car. Keep cleaning to maintain the Virgin White.
      03-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelbo View Post
Evening all. Yes, a bit different to an M3, but that would have been a weekend car. With the 330 I can enjoy it every day.

Regarding the 19s; obviously I can't compare with the 18s, but I just love the look of them. I think winter tyres would make quite a difference at the moment, but once things dry up it should grip very nicely. The passive suspension feels great to me thus far. Again, I can't compare.... What I ain't got, I ain't gonna miss.

I have also been an Audi man. Three A4s in the past 6 years. I think it was time to get back into a proper driver's car! I can well imagine me sticking with Munich for many years to come.

The coral is lovely. When I first saw it some months ago it didn't grab me, but I love it now. It isn't at all in your face. The white is also great but after 48 hrs and 550 miles it is bloody filthy already. Ah well, it's worth it.

By they way, slip it into sport, crank through the paddles and it has a really cool 'dunk' as you go into the next gear. And for a tractor engine, it sounds pretty damn good too.
Great write up my Audi loving mates will love them when I quote the second paragraph with them great choice, did you deal with Eastern as they never even called me back when I asked about a new car the girl did not seem interested when I spoke of discount over 10% or was it Reg Vardy, very jealous I have to wait till may
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Skelbo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Great write up my Audi loving mates will love them when I quote the second paragraph with them great choice, did you deal with Eastern as they never even called me back when I asked about a new car the girl did not seem interested when I spoke of discount over 10% or was it Reg Vardy, very jealous I have to wait till may
I dealt with Peter Vardy (not Reg, but I know what you mean). Going back 6-7 weeks I was looking at their dealer principle's M3 demonstrator, but in fact a new car stacked up better (£8k dealer contribution and 0% APR - you can see why I was tempted!).

Anyway, I switched it all last week and got approx 8% off the car. Not astounding, but enough for the deal to work. Delivery of course was swift because it was already prepped and sitting in the showroom.

I was happy with Vardy, but having chatted with a few other dealers closer to me down south I'm pretty sure you can squeeze even more out of them at the moment.

Quality of service is always variable, but that's the motor trade for you - it's always been the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelbo View Post
I dealt with Peter Vardy (not Reg, but I know what you mean). Going back 6-7 weeks I was looking at their dealer principle's M3 demonstrator, but in fact a new car stacked up better (£8k dealer contribution and 0% APR - you can see why I was tempted!).

Anyway, I switched it all last week and got approx 8% off the car. Not astounding, but enough for the deal to work. Delivery of course was swift because it was already prepped and sitting in the showroom.

I was happy with Vardy, but having chatted with a few other dealers closer to me down south I'm pretty sure you can squeeze even more out of them at the moment.

Quality of service is always variable, but that's the motor trade for you - it's always been the same.
Thanks for that aye I'm wrong sorry Peter Vardy , the deals are getting better back end last year best I could do on 330d was 10.5% but squeezed a few more out tough work but the wait is killing me, love your motor I was between your combo and EBII it won as has a love affair with that colour for years
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
badger76
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport Touring

I also picked up an Alpine white 330D Msport (Touring) last week. I was originally given a 9 week delivery estimate for one I spec'd myself but managed to intercept a demonstrator that had been spec'd and built for a dealer in Plymouth and was sitting at the docks. It had a similar spec to my pref so instead of waiting 9 weeks I bought it without actually seeing it and so far am super impressed (other than the unnecessary tow bar which is thankfully retractable!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger76 View Post
I also picked up an Alpine white 330D Msport (Touring) last week. I was originally given a 9 week delivery estimate for one I spec'd myself but managed to intercept a demonstrator that had been spec'd and built for a dealer in Plymouth and was sitting at the docks. It had a similar spec to my pref so instead of waiting 9 weeks I bought it without actually seeing it and so far am super impressed (other than the unnecessary tow bar which is thankfully retractable!)
Great motor, never tried Oceanmost dealer did not have any 330d going on all 320d and 320 X Drive , and when you called say Sytner they just wanted to tell you what they had not other branches was disappointed with that attitude and it cost them a sale, very lazy
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #20
badger76
United Kingdom
Rep

I actually got from Berry in Chiswick but they seemed to be able to access Ocean stock so must be part of the same dealer group I guess. I had also tried Sytner who had 2 x Alpine white 330D Msport touring demos (Leicester and B'ham) but would not release them until the end of May by which time I could have ordered and received a brand new one! I managed to get about 6.5% off the list price for this one and got it within 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger76 View Post
I actually got from Berry in Chiswick but they seemed to be able to access Ocean stock so must be part of the same dealer group I guess. I had also tried Sytner who had 2 x Alpine white 330D Msport touring demos (Leicester and B'ham) but would not release them until the end of May by which time I could have ordered and received a brand new one! I managed to get about 6.5% off the list price for this one and got it within 2 weeks.
Thanks I tried Birmingham re demo as well but they would not alter the price one bit on what they wanted as new on Demo, so order new one but the wait is murder seeing all these nice cars, what's the spec?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
badger76
United Kingdom
Rep

Alpine white, professional media, black dakota leather, reverse parking camera, heated front seats, folding mirrors, sun protection glass, black gloss trim, electric towbar (random). I would personally have had uprated H&K sound, halogens and maybe Msport brakes but overall I'm happy with the car and the deal. I also couldn't wait - having a kid in 6 weeks and had a 3 door hatch!
Appreciate 0