F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW V2 Compatible Camber Plates
Extreme Powerhouse

09-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Grewal99
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport

KW V2 Compatible Camber Plates

Are there any camber plates out there that are compatible with the KW V2 coilovers?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
SpecialK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I think the KW front springs utilize the stock upper mount, so any camber plate that's compatible with stock springs should work. Call the vendor first to confirm.

You options are:
Ground Control
Vorshlag
K-mac
Dinan

There may be more, but that's all I can think of off hand.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
Grewal99
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.speedypants View Post
I think the KW front springs utilize the stock upper mount, so any camber plate that's compatible with stock springs should work. Call the vendor first to confirm.

You options are:
Ground Control
Vorshlag
K-mac
Dinan

Okay cool thanks for the info will call first and ask thanks for listing a few options
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewal99 View Post
Quote:

You options are:
Ground Control
Vorshlag
K-mac
Dinan

Okay cool thanks for the info will call first and ask thanks for listing a few options
Please post here - I'd love to know too. Thanks

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
Grewal99
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You options are:
Ground Control
Vorshlag
K-mac
Dinan

Hey man from wat I have figured out ground control is one of the best but you need to call kw and check the size so you can get the matching ground control size so it fits properly
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You options are:
Ground Control
Vorshlag
K-mac
Dinan

Hey man from wat I have figured out ground control is one of the best but you need to call kw and check the size so you can get the matching ground control size so it fits properly
Thanks...

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...es-4seriespair

Ill have to validate with Kw and GC

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #7
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

Please let us know .. I am going to get some camber plates to compliment the kw v3s.

The caster is 1 deg different from l/r ... and I need to add a lot of camber. I was hoping to run -2.5 front, -2 rear. The rears are set. The front was only at 0.7/0.8 and it is still understeering pretty badly. I've been tweaking the tire pressures and the damper settings but I haven't been able to get enough grip up front to offset the great amount of grip in the rear. I believe more camber is the next move.

Then unfortunately sway bars, as the body roll with these is still a bit much. It's worse than the b16s I ran briefly, which were too stiff around town (even for me), plus I couldn't get the front low enough, and an unfixable clunking noise with them developed in week 3. I'm going to ship them for repair and sell them off .. sucks, sucked having to do the install 2x, and now camber plates...

The kw v3s are great, the ride is amazing. They just don't handle quite the way I'd like yet, but that should be solveable through further adjustment / additional parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
Please let us know .. I am going to get some camber plates to compliment the kw v3s.

The caster is 1 deg different from l/r ... and I need to add a lot of camber. I was hoping to run -2.5 front, -2 rear. The rears are set. The front was only at 0.7/0.8 and it is still understeering pretty badly. I've been tweaking the tire pressures and the damper settings but I haven't been able to get enough grip up front to offset the great amount of grip in the rear. I believe more camber is the next move.

Then unfortunately sway bars, as the body roll with these is still a bit much. It's worse than the b16s I ran briefly, which were too stiff around town (even for me), plus I couldn't get the front low enough, and an unfixable clunking noise with them developed in week 3. I'm going to ship them for repair and sell them off .. sucks, sucked having to do the install 2x, and now camber plates...

The kw v3s are great, the ride is amazing. They just don't handle quite the way I'd like yet, but that should be solveable through further adjustment / additional parts.
I got my KW Street Comforts installed this week, and I had the car aligned this week. He said I need LESS camber on the rear, and MORE camber on the front. I think I was -.7 too on the front.

We could go Ground Control camber plates, or apparently M2 suspension arms. My mechanic said he installed these on a customer for about -1.5 degrees on the front - which would be fine for street, but probably not for you if you track.

I am exploring this and will let you know.

Appreciate 0