F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 / N26 DINAN Tune Update
GetBMWParts

04-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #309
MrBlahBlah
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
That's where I plan to take mine. Report back here or PM if you can and let us know how the experience was. Mine was planned for March, but looking at late May now.
They're quoting $1750 plus tax and about a week for the part to come in. I'm going to give it a week or two before making final decision. Since i"m leasing i'm having second thoughts since I will only be able to amortize the cost over 36 months
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #310
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlahBlah
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
That's where I plan to take mine. Report back here or PM if you can and let us know how the experience was. Mine was planned for March, but looking at late May now.
They're quoting $1750 plus tax and about a week for the part to come in. I'm going to give it a week or two before making final decision. Since i"m leasing i'm having second thoughts since I will only be able to amortize the cost over 36 months
Well, if I beat you to it, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm in a lease too, but the bang for the buck is just right for me since there's no N55 wagon option in the U.S.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #311
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Is anyone having issues with Power reduction issues from Drivetrain Malfunction and Chassis Dynamic Suspension Malfunction issues that has the Dinan Tune installed?

I've been dealing with it for a few weeks now. I took it to the Dealership that did the install, they claimed that it was a Dinan issue and received a software up date from them. It was installed and things went good for a week. Then the same thing happened again today, hopefully the Dinan Engineering Forum member will add some light to what is going on. The car was in the shop for close to a week for this the first time.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #312
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

good info...

i have a new 28 GC and was dead set on ordering this and installing it myself because the dealership (in honolulu) doesn't do dinan. this info might prolly be a deal breaker for me since i am not interested nor capable of dealing with issues of this nature.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #313
PGT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i X-Drive in Snapper Rocks

in for good reading.....
      05-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #314
cmonter3323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Is it possible to remove the dinan tune and resell it should you wish too?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #315
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonter3323 View Post
Is it possible to remove the dinan tune and resell it should you wish too?
Is it possible, yes. Is it practical is a different question... The end user would just have to have the same exact specifications of car in order for it to work properly (same wastegate, same stock tuning, same engine, etc). The second owner would also not have the warranty as that ties to the original VIN. The second owner could purchase a second license for the software in order to obtain the warranty but at that point there really isn't any real incentive to not just buy one new.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #316
hoilui
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 328XI

Can someone post how gas mileage has been affected after tune?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #317
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi&gt;M235i&gt;428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Does the tune take away the "cruising" of the tranny?

The n2x doesnt have any engine braking and it will just cruise in the same gear when decelerate
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #318
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
Is anyone having issues with Power reduction issues from Drivetrain Malfunction and Chassis Dynamic Suspension Malfunction issues that has the Dinan Tune installed?

I've been dealing with it for a few weeks now. I took it to the Dealership that did the install, they claimed that it was a Dinan issue and received a software up date from them. It was installed and things went good for a week. Then the same thing happened again today, hopefully the Dinan Engineering Forum member will add some light to what is going on. The car was in the shop for close to a week for this the first time.
1 important step in the installation of the Dinantronic kit is to make sure that the electric solution spray (which is included with the parts) is used and applied to all electric connectors on the Dinan and factory harness side of the connectors.
I have seen and experienced random fault codes. And by random, I have seen fault codes be cleared for 2-3 weeks and then all a sudden return.
The solution that is applied works and it enhances the signal from the connectors.
To note, this same solution is used in many vehicle brands and BMW even has a bulletin themselves requiring techs to use this in intermittent scenario's, non Dinan related.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #319
Bedista
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for keeping this thread updated! Below we have our power graphs as well that show the gains at each RPM from the factory numbers, this one from our N26-powered 328i. DinanTronics tuners are now available for your F22 228i, F30/31/34 328i, F32/33/36 428i, and F10 528i equipped with electronic wastegates.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. If you're looking for sound clips,
does this video have the dinantronics tune? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #320
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_B_A_K View Post
does this video have the dinantronics tune? Thanks
To be honest I don't recall if it was in bypass for that video or not. I would say there is a about a 95% probability it was not so that is an exhaust note with the tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #321
fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

Any idea if\when something will be available for the 2016 328i xDrive M Sport? my 2016 is on order
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #322
mastereh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoilui View Post
Can someone post how gas mileage has been affected after tune?
Prior to chip I was getting 10.4 L/100 km and now I'm at 9.2L/100km

I do 70% highway and 30% city.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #323
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion0389 View Post
Any idea if\when something will be available for the 2016 328i xDrive M Sport? my 2016 is on order
The vast majority of the items for the 2015 models should work just fine with the 2016 line. Unfortunately, until we are able to physically assess some of the 2016 models and have a broader database to go on for ETK lookups (they are never too accurate in the early days of a model) we will not be able to give any concrete answers on fitment. That process for the next model year typically takes place at the beginning of fall and the website and other sources of data will be updated on additional fitment at that time.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #324
optimaxed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
The vast majority of the items for the 2015 models should work just fine with the 2016 line. Unfortunately, until we are able to physically assess some of the 2016 models and have a broader database to go on for ETK lookups (they are never too accurate in the early days of a model) we will not be able to give any concrete answers on fitment. That process for the next model year typically takes place at the beginning of fall and the website and other sources of data will be updated on additional fitment at that time.
Any update regarding stage 2 for the N20 ?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #325
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimaxed View Post
Any update regarding stage 2 for the N20 ?
Nothing to speak of to my knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #326
Bedista
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
To be honest I don't recall if it was in bypass for that video or not. I would say there is a about a 95% probability it was not so that is an exhaust note with the tune.
Thank you. I really like Dinan's philosophy and all the people I talked to and PM'd, gave an overwhelming thumbs up on the N20/N26 tune. I have theN20 free flow exhaust by the way and I totally LOVE it so I trust your products.

Questions:Can you possibly give more light on Engine's long term reliability with the tune? Would a tuned BMW generally have lesser life than a stock all other things being equal? Has Dinan considered this when it develop the tune? I'd like to keep my car until it is about to die so the answers to these questions are important to me. I know there's that warranty by Dinan but I only drive 5-K a year so in about 15-21K miles more (3 years) then I will be on my own. That is why I'm concerned on the impact of tune in general to the engine's long term life.

Maybe this has been addressed in one of Dinan's video or article. If you can point me that I'd appreciate it.

PS I'm no mechanic of any sort and thus not an expert on this kind of stuff. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #327
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

CARB Approval

For all of those interested we have just officially received our EO number for the N26 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner so now ALL applications are 50 state legal. No caveats, they are all simply legal.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #328
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_B_A_K View Post
Thank you. I really like Dinan's philosophy and all the people I talked to and PM'd, gave an overwhelming thumbs up on the N20/N26 tune. I have theN20 free flow exhaust by the way and I totally LOVE it so I trust your products.

Questions:Can you possibly give more light on Engine's long term reliability with the tune? Would a tuned BMW generally have lesser life than a stock all other things being equal? Has Dinan considered this when it develop the tune? I'd like to keep my car until it is about to die so the answers to these questions are important to me. I know there's that warranty by Dinan but I only drive 5-K a year so in about 15-21K miles more (3 years) then I will be on my own. That is why I'm concerned on the impact of tune in general to the engine's long term life.

Maybe this has been addressed in one of Dinan's video or article. If you can point me that I'd appreciate it.

PS I'm no mechanic of any sort and thus not an expert on this kind of stuff. Thanks.
Thanks for the kind words. We are all proud of what we make here and are glad that the market shares in that enthusiasm. =)

In regards to reliability / lifespan... Dinan cars if kept up with regular maintenance, etc commonly are seen on the market with 150k+ miles on them. The lifespan of a vehicle is directly related to how hard original components are pushed past their rated thresholds. The harder you push the less life you are going to see on a vehicle. During testing of our products we subject them to the same standards that BMW does so we are not living outside of threshold each of those parts can handle. Sure each part could be pushed past its "acceptable" tolerances to create additional power/performance but typically that is at the cost of the life span of the vehicle and/or part. Our original motto of "Performance without Sacrifice" can be construed to a lot of things including this. We want to safely maximize what the vehicle can do without somehow crippling some other aspect in the process.
Appreciate 3
      08-13-2015, 03:52 AM   #329
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dinan is one of the most famous BMW tuners in the world ... a real shame, that your great products are not offered in Europe or especially in the home of BMW ... Germany.

Good tuning with a good guarantee how your offering it would go well in Germany ... especially if you also would offer it about BMW dealers.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 07:50 AM   #330
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
Dinan is one of the most famous BMW tuners in the world ... a real shame, that your great products are not offered in Europe or especially in the home of BMW ... Germany.

Good tuning with a good guarantee how your offering it would go well in Germany ... especially if you also would offer it about BMW dealers.
You will see more distribution into Europe in due time. We are currently in talks with TUV about certifying the products for sale. Not exactly a quick process but one that needs to be done if we want to get into the European market and do it right. In regards to the dealerships over there we will every avenue we can to make that a realization but its a bit of a different entity over there being as everything is governed by BMW AG and not BMW NA with whom we have had our relationship with for all of these years. Completely different animals.
Appreciate 0