F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW U.S. Sales Up 13.1% for Best March Ever
Studio RSR

04-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Looks like BMW is more an SUV company, than a sedan company lately. 3-series and 5-series both are down again.

Last month's sales figures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810563
Exactly. Lets not be fooled here. Savs are literally dragging this company along now. Look at those car numbers minus the x1 and it is very disheartening.
      04-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #24
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

The real question how accurate are the numbers. If it is registered vehicles than not to bad but in the past BMW counts sales as long as it is off their hands even though it may be sitting on dealer lots. MB and Audi counts sales of only registered vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Looks like BMW is more an SUV company, than a sedan company lately. 3-series and 5-series both are down again.

Last month's sales figures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810563
Hello,.....mcFly.. !!!

you are referring to the U.S market right?

Check Porsche sales..

Less than half of their sales (45 percent). are two doors. Guess they aren't a sports cars company anymore , lol.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/porsche-records-best-first-quarter-in-pcna-history-ytd-sales-up-34-percent-201081471.html
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Hello,.....mcFly.. !!!

you are referring to the U.S market right?

Check Porsche sales..

Less than half of their sales (45 percent). are two doors. Guess they aren't a sports cars company anymore , lol.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-release...201081471.html

Last I checked the announcement was for US sales, or is that too obvious for you?

I don't really care what Porsche sales are, since they were never mentioned in this discussion. (By the way, a lot of Porsche enthusiasts are not too happy about them selling SUV's) Last I checked, this is a BMW website, not a Porsche one.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Last I checked the announcement was for US sales, or is that too obvious for you?

I don't really care what Porsche sales are, since they were never mentioned in this discussion. (By the way, a lot of Porsche enthusiasts are not too happy about them selling SUV's) Last I checked, this is a BMW website, not a Porsche one.

only as obvious as the fact that probably every manufacturer that sells both cars and SUVs in this country is selling trucks at a greater rate of change than cars. BMW, Porsche... MINI... you pick a name. they are all selling more and more SUVS/SAVS because that's what the american market demands. (duh!) And just because this is a BMW forum doesn't mean I can't use an example of another marque to show you what's what..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
only as obvious as the fact that probably every manufacturer that sells both cars and SUVs in this country is selling trucks at a greater rate of change than cars. BMW, Porsche... MINI... you pick a name. they are all selling more and more SUVS/SAVS because that's what the american market demands. (duh!) And just because this is a BMW forum doesn't mean I can't use an example of another marque to show you what's what..
As I said, I don't care about other manufacturer's sales. My statement was more to the fact their sedan sales are dropping pretty dramatically, so I was calling them a SUV company sarcastically. (DUH!)

By the way, I see why Porsche has to do it pretty much to stay in business, and in case you did not notice, their two door sports car sales were all up dramatically with the new 911 and Cayman/Boxster, so they are going up, while BMW sedan sales are dropping. Also, the Panamera is a sports sedan that reinforces their sporting heritage, so more than 50% of their sales are sports cars/sports sedans. I like how you conveniently quoted % of sales with respect to the number of doors, ignoring the Panamera.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
As I said, I don't care about other manufacturer's sales. My statement was more to the fact their sedan sales are dropping pretty dramatically, so I was calling them a SUV company sarcastically. (DUH!)

By the way, I see why Porsche has to do it pretty much to stay in business, and in case you did not notice, their two door sports car sales were all up dramatically with the new 911 and Cayman/Boxster, so they are going up, while BMW sedan sales are dropping. Also, the Panamera is a sports sedan that reinforces their sporting heritage, so more than 50% of their sales are sports cars/sports sedans. I like how you conveniently quoted % of sales with respect to the number of doors, ignoring the Panamera.
for someone who doesnt care about Porsche... you sure READ up a lot!

let's not forget that Porsche is rolling out some new SUVs as we speak.. so don;t expect that trend to last! And... I didn't manipulate any figures just forwarded an article.

Has it occurred to you that that the most recent vehicles that BMW has come out with are SUVS? X1.. new X3.. x5.. once 4 series coupe comes out along with the F20 1 series then BMW car sales will be on the rise again...

Also note how the BMW SAV lineup in the US undercuts their sedan siblings. the X1,and , X5 all have base prices lower than theirc coupe/sedan counterparts. I think we all know why the X3 is priced above the company cash cow, the 3 series sedan.. which actually gains a 320is model to further boost it's share in the import small sedan category. BMW wants to keep that recognition.

Oh.. and.. unfortunately the "sarcasm" in your post just didnt come through my friend. better luck next time.

PS... the moral of the story is the same. BMW is selling what the US market wants...and Porsche as well.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 04-10-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0