F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Follow me home lights
ARMA SPEED

12-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Follow me home lights

Guys,

I've just picked up my F30, and can't seem to get the follow me home lights to work. They are set to 120secs in iDrive, lights are on (with engine on) as it's dark; I turn the ignition off and then try to flash the headlights to turn them on (as per my E82), but the lights don't come on.

Hope someone can help?
      12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Lucardos
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 192HP MINERAL GREY

Hi MarkW83,

I had the same problem, or better "not" understanding how it works.

After first ignition OFF, only the engine will stop. you need to press the Start/stop button again, without your foot on the brakes, to turn off the radio...
After that you can activate the follow me home lights.

regards,
Lucas
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for that, I think it used to be just one press of the start/stop button before
      12-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

Can someone explain? Never heard of this before or maybe I have with a different name
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilN20i View Post
Can someone explain? Never heard of this before or maybe I have with a different name
It lets your put your lights on when you get out of the car, e.g. to illuminate your drive way while you get into your house. Two presses of the start/stop button (without your foot on the brake), and then a flick of the indicator/light stalk (like you're flashing the lights).
      01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
It lets your put your lights on when you get out of the car, e.g. to illuminate your drive way while you get into your house. Two presses of the start/stop button (without your foot on the brake), and then a flick of the indicator/light stalk (like you're flashing the lights).
Thanks for the explanation, my Mercedes automatically turned on 'follow me home' I was thinking mine wasn't working as the lights switched off as soon as door opened. It works with the flick
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Thanks for the explanation, my Mercedes automatically turned on 'follow me home' I was thinking mine wasn't working as the lights switched off as soon as door opened. It works with the flick
No probs, my two MINIs also just left the lights on when the engine was turned off (when FMHL were turned on), for some reason BMW make you do an extra step to tell the car to put them on when you actually need them!