F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bugger!
ARMA SPEED

06-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #45
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

You’ve had two cars stolen this year!?

Where on earth do you live? Where ever it is, you need to move!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #46
shao_khan
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 330dxm & M2 lci

I live near Woburn Golf course where the senior masters is held. Nice area, good postcode - unfortunately that brings people to burgle for car keys and stuff. I know of 3 Golf R's around here that have gone :'(
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #47
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao_khan View Post
I live near Woburn Golf course where the senior masters is held. Nice area, good postcode - unfortunately that brings people to burgle for car keys and stuff. I know of 3 Golf R's around here that have gone :'(
Ah right on the M1, where the scousers can nip down and nick the cars easily!
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #48
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao_khan View Post
I'd seriously consider Autowatch ghost on your cars
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #49
planemad
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 Audi SQ7 & 2019 AM DB11
Location: The Democratic Peoples Republic Of South East England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
This is very interesting!
The point of insurance and the minimal legal requirement is to cover a 3rd party against any loss he or she may have had and put them back into a position where they are not out of pocket.

Effectively putting them back into their pre accident situation.

In the case I explained, the insurer obviously got a bit spooked by the quality of the corrospodence from the barrister and did not want to fight for the sake of a grand or so.

In teastons case, they will try to rape him on renewal but in true fashion his risk rating to the insurers is the same today as it was yesterday.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #50
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

Sorry to see this mate. Standard of driving is diabolical these days.

This is the thing that really pisses me off with insurance, when did it become the norm that premiums increase when claims are third party. Wankers, the lot of them.
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #51
Oompah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Yep, he ran the whole side of his car along it! I don't think he even attempted to avoid me or brake!
Skills!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:08 AM   #52
Oompah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
A dopey cnut drove into me on a roundabout whilst my car was stationary!

Got it on my dashcam, but my insurance will no doubt still go up next year due to a non-fault claim!

Crap. Sadly, you are right, the insurance will go up.
I was at home with a high fever, when my parked s8 was crashed into and then written off. Saw 20% increase.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:27 AM   #53
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemad View Post
I know of a case where the 3rd party insurer was taken to a small court for this insurance premium rises after a non fault claim.
After a non fault accident a bloke my old man knocks around with (who is a barrister and member of the Bar) had his next year premium by his normal insurer put up by £200.
He did the quote online declaring the non fault and then did the same quote without declaring and the difference was £200.

He then served a claim against the 3rd party insurer at the small claims court for the loss he incurred as a result of the accident in addition to the car damage.

Obviously he has the know how and the legal PAs to write all the letters at little costs but he settled it out of the court and got circa £1200 in full and final settlement for any losses that may occur in respect of the non fault claim.
We need to add this liar sorry I mean lawyer to then forum. Someone may want to make use of his services. I would imagine that I certainly would should the need arise.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:30 AM   #54
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
OP - Really sorry about the motor, it's galling when that sort of thing happens and indicative that there are so many cnuts out there who really don't give a damn about anyone else. Hope you get it sorted.

Insurance companies - what really busts my balls is they they put these cosy happy adverts on TV where they make out they're your best friend ever when in reality they're just there to plant one up yer backside!

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:33 AM   #55
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemad View Post
Quote:
The point of insurance and the minimal legal requirement is to cover a 3rd party against any loss he or she may have had and put them back into a position where they are not out of pocket.

Effectively putting them back into their pre accident situation.

In the case I explained, the insurer obviously got a bit spooked by the quality of the corrospodence from the barrister and did not want to fight for the sake of a grand or so.

In teastons case, they will try to rape him on renewal but in true fashion his risk rating to the insurers is the same today as it was yesterday.
Yep, quality of correspondence would have been key. They would also have been very keen not to test it in court as the precedent setting would upset the applecart.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #56
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

It's piss poor that they increase premiums when you were stood still in a line of traffic in the correct position and some loon crashes into you.

I had a situation once when a named driver on my policy wrote my car off, a 42k pay out IIRC but no other parties involved apart from the tree.

When I questioned direct line about how it would affect my premiums they said I didn't have to declare it even though it was on my insurance policy and they paid me out but the named driver would have to declare it on his insurance.
      06-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #57
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

That's a sh1tter. Looks like he just wanted a go faster stripe?!

It is bu11shit you get charged extra for a non fault claim but sweet fa we can do about it. Same with my wife, someone drove into the back of her nearly 5 years ago but still have to declare it. I have noticed this renewal time thoigh alot of insurers actually only are worried about in the last 3 years now.

As you say not worth the risk of giving the scumbag insurance companys a loop hole if you ever had to claim.

Use a main dealer for the work and see if they'll give you a 340 As a loan and you can see what driving a "proper" bmw is all about...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #58
jav_ski
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport Saloon

Teaston if you do go down the insurance route and have like for like courtesy car cover depending on who your with, the insurance company normally have two types of courtesy car pools:
1) fault claim
2) non fault claim
The non fault claim pool are upgraded versions as they can charge the other insurance extortionate amounts for hire expenses.
Don't forget to ask your insurance company - my misses was upgraded to a Merc cls 350 cdi from her like for like bmw 320 as she was not at fault.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #59
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Sorry teaston for the damage. Not much love for the insurance industry here... hope your car gets repaired and you don't get hit on the premium side next year. Here's an article that won't help, but may give understanding on premiums....

Motor insurance has been unprofitable for a number of years.

And no I don't do motor insurance.....

https://www.ey.com/uk/en/newsroom/ne...iplash-reforms

LONDON, 20 November 2017: The UK motor insurance market's profitability is expected to approach break even this year and see a strong uplift in profits in 2018, according to EY's latest UK motor insurance analysis. This follows the revised proposals for the Ogden discount rate for personal injury claims published in September - which the Ministry of Justice expects will result in a new rate between 0% and 1% - and the prospect of the positive impact of the whiplash reforms which should reduce bodily injury costs markedly.
      06-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #60
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_ski View Post
Teaston if you do go down the insurance route and have like for like courtesy car cover depending on who your with, the insurance company normally have two types of courtesy car pools:
1) fault claim
2) non fault claim
The non fault claim pool are upgraded versions as they can charge the other insurance extortionate amounts for hire expenses.
Don't forget to ask your insurance company - my misses was upgraded to a Merc cls 350 cdi from her like for like bmw 320 as she was not at fault.
And the thing to remember is we see all paying for this in increased premiums. If it's a few days, who really cares as long as it can do the job.

A CLS350 is in no way like for like for a 320 too...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #61
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Just had the car washed and then I gave the area a polish and it's incredible how much better it looks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #62
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Jesus - what a difference. Looks like you could get that dent out of the wing with PDR too.

Nice one

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #63
MackM4Comp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition Pack

Quote:
A bit of a generalisation, didn’t realise all vehicles were stolen by people from Liverpool 🤔
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 11:59 AM   #64
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackM4Comp View Post
Quote:
A bit of a generalisation, didn’t realise all vehicles were stolen by people from Liverpool
Well now you know!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #65
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
A bit of a generalisation, didn’t realise all vehicles were stolen by people from Liverpool
Plus I really don't think Scousers are going to bother going as far as Bedfordshire just to nick a car.

Far more likely to be someone coming down from the Midlands.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #66
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Quote:
Quote:
A bit of a generalisation, didn't realise all vehicles were stolen by people from Liverpool
Plus I really don't think Scousers are going to bother going as far as Bedfordshire just to nick a car.

Far more likely to be someone coming down from the Midlands.
Ok man, it was only a joke!
Appreciate 1