F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Also a 335i ordered
Extreme Powerhouse

02-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
If I bought my car in Atlanta, should I expect it to arrive at the port in Georgia or does it vary?
south carolina
      02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #46
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
south carolina
I was just curious, because on the shipping site I saw ports for Brunswick and Savannah, GA on the shipping routes from Bremerhaven. Must be for other products besides BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #47
2wheels4me
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 Black 335i sport sedan

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh, no new BMW until at least Monday; it didn't show at the dealer today, and even if it does tomorrow, no service people on Saturday. Must reach into deep well of patience, Grasshopper..... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
2012 Black Sapphire/Red Coral Leather 335i Sportline, Aluminum trim/Red highlight w/ 19" wheels, Sport Auto, Adaptive M suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Premium, Technology, Premium Sound, Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #48
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheels4me
Arrrrrrrrrrrgh, no new BMW until at least Monday; it didn't show at the dealer today, and even if it does tomorrow, no service people on Saturday. Must reach into deep well of patience, Grasshopper..... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
If it makes you feel any better, I may have to rent a car after March 11th because I sold one of our vehicles. I don't see myself getting my 335i until at least March 20. Finished production two days ago "awaiting carrier for transport to exit port".
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #49
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheels4me View Post
Placed Monday (12 December) for a 12 January build (updated 17 Dec ):

335i Sportline
Black Sapphire Metallic
19-inch Staggered Wheels
Coral Red Leather...
I just ordered the same car. Chose every available option except satellite radio.

Now, I wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #50
storm trooped
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 sport line

Garage List
2012 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
I was just curious, because on the shipping site I saw ports for Brunswick and Savannah, GA on the shipping routes from Bremerhaven. Must be for other products besides BMW.
It actually can go through georgia. Im in Florida and I know that mine is going to georgia.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #51
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
Now, I wait.
the looong wait =)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
2wheels4me
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
I just ordered the same car. Chose every available option except satellite radio.

Now, I wait.
Cool! Appearance twins! Good luck with the wait, it's exciting but tough!
2012 Black Sapphire/Red Coral Leather 335i Sportline, Aluminum trim/Red highlight w/ 19" wheels, Sport Auto, Adaptive M suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Premium, Technology, Premium Sound, Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #53
2wheels4me
Private
Rep

The frustration continues; the trucking company doesn't deliver on President's day, and is scheduled to bring it to the dealer Wednesday, a full week after they were "given" the car. This is the fifth BMW I have had built, and not once did it take any more than a day or two after the Prep center was done with it. Keep in mind that we are only a few miles from the port and the Prep center. Another forum member who had his car on the same boat had his delivered to him Saturday, after it showed at the dealer Friday, at a location in SoCal much further away. So much for "Priority One" treatment of buyers' cars in my case. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! !
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #54
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm trooped View Post
It actually can go through georgia. Im in Florida and I know that mine is going to georgia.
Thanks, This is what I am gathering. A ship leaves port every 3 days and there are numerous ports that it can go. I guess it just depends on what ship is in when the car is ready to go.

My CA said that I am at status 182, but that the car may have already shipped even though it was just finished on 2/16. My guess is that it has not shipped yet and will ship within the next few days.

Good luck with yours!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #55
storm trooped
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 sport line

Garage List
2012 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks, This is what I am gathering. A ship leaves port every 3 days and there are numerous ports that it can go. I guess it just depends on what ship is in when the car is ready to go.

My CA said that I am at status 182, but that the car may have already shipped even though it was just finished on 2/16. My guess is that it has not shipped yet and will ship within the next few days.

Good luck with yours!
Thanks!! My dealer said that my car should arrive on wednesday so that's all I'm going to be thinking about tomorrow.

Congrats on your car and hopefully it comes soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
wagz0627
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Gran Coupe

Quote:

Good luck with yours!
If you have your VIN you can find out what ship it's on or will be on faster than you can get any info from your dealer it seems. I called my dealer and got my VIN, and with the help of a friend (and fellow forum member) that did this for his 2011 M3 I found out my car is on the Turandot. Go to https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage and enter your VIN as the 'Cargo ID'. I was surprised to find out mine was on the Turandot leaving Bremerhaven 5 days after it left Munich. My dealer hadn't gotten the information yet, and MyBMW didn't update to show "enroute" until at least 2 or 3 days after the ship had sailed. From the looks of it, if you car is scheduled for a ship that hasn't left yet, you'll also have that information and the full schedule of the ship.

Plus now I'm addicted to tracking the ship online. Its currently in the North Atlantic so position updates are only coming in once or twice a day.

Carbon Black/Dakota Black, Aluminum Hexagon, High-Gloss Black Accent, Leather Dash/18" Style 400M Rims
Cold Weather, DHP, Lighting Package, Tech Package, Driver Assistance, Premium, HK Sound
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #57
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz0627 View Post
If you have your VIN you can find out what ship it's on or will be on faster than you can get any info from your dealer it seems. I called my dealer and got my VIN, and with the help of a friend (and fellow forum member) that did this for his 2011 M3 I found out my car is on the Turandot. Go to https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage and enter your VIN as the 'Cargo ID'. I was surprised to find out mine was on the Turandot leaving Bremerhaven 5 days after it left Munich. My dealer hadn't gotten the information yet, and MyBMW didn't update to show "enroute" until at least 2 or 3 days after the ship had sailed. From the looks of it, if you car is scheduled for a ship that hasn't left yet, you'll also have that information and the full schedule of the ship.

Plus now I'm addicted to tracking the ship online. Its currently in the North Atlantic so position updates are only coming in once or twice a day.
Yeah, I only have the production number, not the VIN. I emailed my CA, but I think he's getting a bit tired of my emails LOL. I will try to figure out the VIN form the Product number.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #58
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Weirdly enough that link doesn't show any apply or submit button but that's ok, this one works too: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Also, it depends if it actually goes with this carrier. Most likely it will but it seems there are more than one carriers around.

A nice tutorial can be found here in regards to follow a car: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #59
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:

Weirdly enough that link doesn't show any apply or submit button but that's ok, this one works too: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Also, it depends if it actually goes with this carrier. Most likely it will but it seems there are more than one carriers around.

A nice tutorial can be found here in regards to follow a car: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/
thanks yeah I've seen these. CA said he would get my VIN tomorrow.

I wish I could stop thinking about the car... F**K!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #60
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wish I could stop thinking about the car... F**K!
I know your pain lol xD

You haven't had your VIN yet? Hmm, my CA gave it to me as soon as he told me the production number, he sends me PDF's with the latest update in their system (basically a printscreen from the BMW system). Perhaps you should ask him to send you a screen capture of the system? It has all the info you need

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #61
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheels4me
If it makes you feel any better, I may have to rent a car after March 11th because I sold one of our vehicles. I don't see myself getting my 335i until at least March 20. Finished production two days ago "awaiting carrier for transport to exit port".
That sucks bro. Believe it or not, I sold my truck a month ago (mistake purchase last February after a bad experience) and I've been sharing a 2006 Accord with my wife ever since... And I'm in the same boat (or lack thereof)... Released to carrier awaiting transport!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #62
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Got my VIN... Tried the link... NO RESULTS FOUND!!!

FML I feel like I should start posting signs around my neighborhood "MISSING ALPINE WHITE 2012 335i - if found please call my ass!!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #63
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post

FML I feel like I should start posting signs around my neighborhood "MISSING ALPINE WHITE 2012 335i - if found please call my ass!!!"
Same here, entered my VIN and no results
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #64
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Their system seems to have a bit of a lag as well, it might very well be that the ship is sailing for a few days until it shows results

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #65
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
Quote:
Their system seems to have a bit of a lag as well, it might very well be that the ship is sailing for a few days until it shows results
Yeah, hope so. My understanding is that once its in transport to the port, the VIN tracking should work. I called the 800 number today and it says it's in transit (which is nice since it sat a week in a waiting for transport status). Despite it being in transit, VIN tracking still not working so either it's delayed or I'm checking the wrong carrier.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #66
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

I find that the more I worry about it, the more it bothers me. The days go by faster when I don't think about it. LOL
Appreciate 0