F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 335i M Performance Power Kit INSTALLED (Review)
GetBMWParts

04-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #1365
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I left the stickers off. I figure I can always put them on at a future date. I like a cleaner look.
My approach was the opposite. The shop asked if I wanted the decals installed and I figured I would give them a try. They can always be removed at a future date
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #1366
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Love it - there is no right answer - just a personal preference.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #1367
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

OK, I went thru 20+ pages and wasn't able to find information on prices paid by fellow Canadians for the MPPK.

Would prefer to purchase local (Montreal area) but may end up buying from Tischer.

Where did you get yours ?
2010 X5 35d Black fully loaded (Sold)
2007 335i sedan Antracite (Sold and missed !)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #1368
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-sport/2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Love it - there is no right answer - just a personal preference.
I had no choice since it was port installed and thought I would have them removed but after seeing them in person they are so subdued on Mineral Grey that I'm going to leave them now.
2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey / Sport Auto / Black Dakota / Aluminum Hex / Prem,Tech,DA packages / DHP / M-Sport Brakes / MPPK / MPE / Black Kidney Grilles, SS Pedals, M-Performance CF spoiler / Cameras, heated seats, etc etc

2013 X3 35i...wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #1369
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Has anyone run a dyno with the new MPPK?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #1370
daberlin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i EBII MPPK/BBK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post
What's the difference between 11-12-2-334-336 and 11-12-2-353-337? I was quoted for the former but BMW Parts Pro told me that is not the correct part for my VIN, though that's the part # I got from my dealership.

This is so confusing.

dL

From BMW:

BMW M Performance Power Kit / 11/2012 to 07/2013 11122334336

BMW M Performance Power Kit / 07/2013 and on 11122353337
1986 BMW 325e
1971 VW Super Beetle
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #1371
daberlin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Leave 'em off!!! Stickers are good for a Fiat Punto/500 Abarth, for a Clio RS Sport, for a Fiesta ST, not for an F3X 35i, according to me
I had all week to consider my options, and I ended up leaving them off. Installed this afternoon and the car feels and sounds great. Immediately noticeable in comfort mode, butt dyno noticeable in mid rev band in sport mode. Sounds great combined with Akrapovic exhaust.
1986 BMW 325e
1971 VW Super Beetle
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #1372
TBLM235X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 440i

That's great to hear your install went great and you are loving it! BTW - how many miles did you have when you got it installed today and how long did the install take?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #1373
daberlin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLM435 View Post
That's great to hear your install went great and you are loving it! BTW - how many miles did you have when you got it installed today and how long did the install take?
Thanks much. I am very pleased with this upgrade so far. However, I need to take the modding easy at this point. I'm spending too much $,

I've: De-badged the car, Chrome M Pedals, M front/rear floor mats, M CF interior, M CF gear shifter, M CF/Alcantara gear shifter trim, M CF/Alcantara E Brake, M6 paddles, MPPK, and Akrapovic Exhaust.

I have roughly 1800 miles give or take a few on the car.

A few observations about the MPPK install -

1. All of your prior codes will be wiped from the car (I expected this), and no, you will not get the 'M Performance' logo on engine startup. I had this coded a few months ago, and I asked my SA if this was a part of the MPPK install. He said no. My car now has the default BMW logo on start up. I'll get rid of that the next time I code my car.

2. I asked for a full software update as a part of the service visit since I knew my codes would all be reset. I received a 'Final Report' of the ISTA/P version 52.2.002 which included 8 pages of what I assume are software updates, codes, and settings. The coding duration report says it took 30 minutes to do everything - including "DME/DDE Power Kit'. It showed an 'Import Activation Code' entered for the MPPK was successfully applied. I was surprised that my Plant Integration Level actually changes as a result of this upgrade from F020-13-03-503 to F020-14-03-502. Report also shows the SA numbers - which I believe are all of the options I have on this car (it's pretty much a loaded vehicle )

3. The SA placed the M Performance Badge on the airbox inlet cover (front center of the car), and placed the installation sticker under the new M Performance Cowling. I didn't take a picture of this as others have posted similar images.

4. The install didn't take long - but there was some delay as the tech had to get the activation code from BMW corporate. However, once they had that I'm guessing the whole process took roughly 1.5 hours. I dropped the car off at 10am, they gave me a 428i rental, and I showed up around 2pm when it was done. I was charged a grand total of $199.95 for the install. This brought the total out the door cost of the MPPK to $1469.95. As mentioned prior, I have a July '13 build which verified through my VIN/PIL meant that I got the more expensive 35 HP version of the MPPK.
1986 BMW 325e
1971 VW Super Beetle
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #1374
TBLM235X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 440i

Thanks for the great update daberlin! Excellent review of the actual install and really appreciate the documentation. This will be helpful when I finally get it installed as I discuss with my dealer.

I hear you on all the mods…I'm almost there myself. BTW - love the choices you made on what mods you have installed!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #1375
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a Check Engine Light on after MPPK installation.

If I can ask the community here to provide feedback on your MPPK experience and if you have had any CEL issues it would be greatly appreciated. There is one stipulation though, please provide only if you have driven your car with the MPPK installed at speeds of 240-250km/h (155mph). I was only getting the CEL at speeds of 230km/p and higher.

So, here is my log so far:

28 Oct 2013 (Bill of Sales) – Vehicle purchased 2014 BMW (F34) 335i GT

04 Nov 2013 – Car picked up at BMW Karl + Co. GmbH & Co. KG, Mainz

14 Jan 2014 – BMW M Performance Power Kit installed at BMW Karl + Co. GmbH & Co. KG, Mainz

28 Jan 2014 – Check Engine Light (CEL) came on and I made an appointment to have it looked at. At the end of the first day that the CEL came on, it disappeared. I canceled my appointment the next day thinking maybe it was just the temperature being too cold. The break in period was observed, I did not drive the car aggressively and drove approximately 2000 km already.

6 Feb 2014 – (First Visit) CEL came back on, I made another appointment to have it looked at. The day I had my appointment to have the CEL looked at, it disappeared. When I arrived at the BMW Dealership, I told the BMW associate that the CEL was gone again. The dealership kept my car overnight to run tests on it. The next day I picked the car up, they had performed a reset and the CEL was gone. I was not told what errors were found if any.

2nd week of February – CEL came back on, appointment made with BMW.

18 Feb 2014 – (Second Visit) Returned the car to BMW for service of CEL warning. Car was again reset and the CEL was gone, I was not told what errors were detected.

22 Feb 2014 – CEL came back on, after the car was parked for approximately eight hours, the CEL was gone. I contacted BMW on Monday, 24 Feb for another visit.

13 Mar 2014 – (Third Visit) Returned my car again to BMW for the CEL warning being on again. I told the BMW associate that I have read in some forums that it might have to do with the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Power Kit conflicting with each other. They ran tests again and they also contacted BMW Munich. I also told them that the CEL seems to only come on when I am at higher speeds between 200 – 230 km/h. I picked my car back up again, CEL again is reset and gone.

25 Mar 2014 – (Fourth Visit) Returned my car again for the CEL issue. Car was at the dealership for two days. They had asked me to bring the original Air Filter Box, they installed the original Air Filter Box back onto the car. I was told that this is what BMW Munich told them to do. I was told that if the check engine light came on again to reschedule for another appointment.

1 Apr 2014 – On my way to work, the CEL came back on. Again it came on at higher speeds, I was travelling between 200-240 km/h. I have contacted the BMW Dealership again, the associate is informing the mechanic which is suppose to contact BMW Munich. I am awaiting instructions from the BMW Dealership for another appointment.

22 April 2014 – Dropped off my car to the BMW Dealership. I was told to bring the MPPK Air Filter Box. They were given new software to install into my car by BMW Munich.

24 April 2014 – Picked up my car, new software installed and MPPK Air Filter Box was reinstalled. At a glance, first thing I saw that was different was that the Sports Display was now showing 320HP/320 ft lb Torque, back to its original state when I first bought my car. After the initial install of the MPPK, the Sports Display was displaying 400HP/400 ft lb Torque. I was told to let the BMW Dealership know if the CEL came back on.

02 May 2014 – I stopped by the BMW Dealership to provide a status update on my car. The CEL has not come back on. I did tell the BMW associate that I did feel less power. When I push on full throttle on the gas, I noticed that the Sport Display would show the torque barely reaching the 300 ft lb of torque. The original ft lb of torque is 300, with the MPPK; it is suppose to be at 332 lbs of torque.

I was also not able to go pass 245 km/h as I did before. I purchased my car with the option that removed the speed limiter (option 840), my top speed is suppose to be 250 km/h. I have reached speeds passing 245 km/h before.

I also had to add 2 quarts (approximately 2 liters) of oil yesterday. This seemed weird since I just had an oil change exactly one month and one day ago, the car was at 19,333km. So adding 2 quarts to a car that recently had an oil change in less than 6000km seemed weird. Waiting on BMW for what’s next.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #1376
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a Check Engine Light on after MPPK installation.

If I can ask the community here to provide feedback on your MPPK experience and if you have had any CEL issues it would be greatly appreciated. There is one stipulation though, please provide only if you have driven your car with the MPPK installed at speeds of 240-250km/h (155mph). I was only getting the CEL at speeds of 230km/p and higher.

So, here is my log so far:

28 Oct 2013 (Bill of Sales) – Vehicle purchased 2014 BMW (F34) 335i GT

04 Nov 2013 – Car picked up at BMW Karl + Co. GmbH & Co. KG, Mainz

14 Jan 2014 – BMW M Performance Power Kit installed at BMW Karl + Co. GmbH & Co. KG, Mainz

28 Jan 2014 – Check Engine Light (CEL) came on and I made an appointment to have it looked at. At the end of the first day that the CEL came on, it disappeared. I canceled my appointment the next day thinking maybe it was just the temperature being too cold. The break in period was observed, I did not drive the car aggressively and drove approximately 2000 km already.

6 Feb 2014 – (First Visit) CEL came back on, I made another appointment to have it looked at. The day I had my appointment to have the CEL looked at, it disappeared. When I arrived at the BMW Dealership, I told the BMW associate that the CEL was gone again. The dealership kept my car overnight to run tests on it. The next day I picked the car up, they had performed a reset and the CEL was gone. I was not told what errors were found if any.

2nd week of February – CEL came back on, appointment made with BMW.

18 Feb 2014 – (Second Visit) Returned the car to BMW for service of CEL warning. Car was again reset and the CEL was gone, I was not told what errors were detected.

22 Feb 2014 – CEL came back on, after the car was parked for approximately eight hours, the CEL was gone. I contacted BMW on Monday, 24 Feb for another visit.

13 Mar 2014 – (Third Visit) Returned my car again to BMW for the CEL warning being on again. I told the BMW associate that I have read in some forums that it might have to do with the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Power Kit conflicting with each other. They ran tests again and they also contacted BMW Munich. I also told them that the CEL seems to only come on when I am at higher speeds between 200 – 230 km/h. I picked my car back up again, CEL again is reset and gone.

25 Mar 2014 – (Fourth Visit) Returned my car again for the CEL issue. Car was at the dealership for two days. They had asked me to bring the original Air Filter Box, they installed the original Air Filter Box back onto the car. I was told that this is what BMW Munich told them to do. I was told that if the check engine light came on again to reschedule for another appointment.

1 Apr 2014 – On my way to work, the CEL came back on. Again it came on at higher speeds, I was travelling between 200-240 km/h. I have contacted the BMW Dealership again, the associate is informing the mechanic which is suppose to contact BMW Munich. I am awaiting instructions from the BMW Dealership for another appointment.

22 April 2014 – Dropped off my car to the BMW Dealership. I was told to bring the MPPK Air Filter Box. They were given new software to install into my car by BMW Munich.

24 April 2014 – Picked up my car, new software installed and MPPK Air Filter Box was reinstalled. At a glance, first thing I saw that was different was that the Sports Display was now showing 320HP/320 ft lb Torque, back to its original state when I first bought my car. After the initial install of the MPPK, the Sports Display was displaying 400HP/400 ft lb Torque. I was told to let the BMW Dealership know if the CEL came back on.

02 May 2014 – I stopped by the BMW Dealership to provide a status update on my car. The CEL has not come back on. I did tell the BMW associate that I did feel less power. When I push on full throttle on the gas, I noticed that the Sport Display would show the torque barely reaching the 300 ft lb of torque. The original ft lb of torque is 300, with the MPPK; it is suppose to be at 332 lbs of torque.

I was also not able to go pass 245 km/h as I did before. I purchased my car with the option that removed the speed limiter (option 840), my top speed is suppose to be 250 km/h. I have reached speeds passing 245 km/h before.

I also had to add 2 quarts (approximately 2 liters) of oil yesterday. This seemed weird since I just had an oil change exactly one month and one day ago, the car was at 19,333km. So adding 2 quarts to a car that recently had an oil change in less than 6000km seemed weird. Waiting on BMW for what’s next.
Same post, different thread!
      08-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #1377
GuiltyNL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31

@glennQNYC So? You quote the complete message to tell this?

Think twice next time please!

On-topic: I have a F31 335i with M-Performance kit for a year now. With the M-Performance exhaust, but I think the performance is mediocre.

I want to upgrade my exhaust with a HFC (from Supersprint) to gain some extra HP and to get some more sound. As even with the M-Performance Exhaust the car is very quiet.

What are the chances the CEL will come up?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #1378
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyNL View Post
@glennQNYC So? You quote the complete message to tell this?

Think twice next time please!

On-topic: I have a F31 335i with M-Performance kit for a year now. With the M-Performance exhaust, but I think the performance is mediocre.

I want to upgrade my exhaust with a HFC (from Supersprint) to gain some extra HP and to get some more sound. As even with the M-Performance Exhaust the car is very quiet.

What are the chances the CEL will come up?
Of course it is very quiet: you got the #339 version of MPE and not the #340 version of the american owners!
As a matter of fact, BMW just last month has approved for Europe the 340 version (only for 8AT, not for 6MT). A lot of european MPE owners should have complained for the poor sound
      10-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #1379
wayway409
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

anyone know does it matter if you have an aftermarket intake already and you want to install the MPPK? do you have to bring the original intake in?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #1380
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

This thread has been dormant for a long time.

I have an 06/12 build F30 335i and my plan was always to wait for a while before seriously considering getting the MPPK installed. I wanted to wait for the costs to go down, for dealers to get more experience and for owners who have lived with it for a while to comment.

So, for any of you who have had this on your car for a while and you have lived with it for some time what do you think now? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Can't wait to hear what you all think.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:03 AM   #1381
fshubert
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

I didn't have the MPPK on my 2013 F30 but did on the 2015 F30. Drove into the dealership with the old car and drove out with the new. Could definitely feel the difference. Worth every penny and I'll do it again on the next F30.
      06-24-2015, 02:47 AM   #1382
zyncopado
Musician/Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshubert View Post
I didn't have the MPPK on my 2013 F30 but did on the 2015 F30. Drove into the dealership with the old car and drove out with the new. Could definitely feel the difference. Worth every penny and I'll do it again on the next F30.

Fshubert, how much did you have to pay for installation? I'm being charged US $800 by my dealership on top of the US $1,100 for the MPPK.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #1383
fshubert
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyncopado View Post
Fshubert, how much did you have to pay for installation? I'm being charged US $800 by my dealership on top of the US $1,100 for the MPPK.
I negotiated a total price for my car including all the extras in my signature so I don't have that level of price granularity. But $1900 total for the MPPK sounds too expensive. The kit lists on the BMW website for $1929. Your dealer should be able to give you a decent discount.
      06-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #1384
Moopy94
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Xdrive With MPPK

I got my 335i Xdrive in April and had the MPPK installed.

I think it was worth it. The list price at my dealership was $1700, but I got a $500 voucher for BMW Accessories with the purchase of the car, so my out of pocket was $1200 plus tax.

I previously had a 2013 328 and put the BMS Stage 1 on that. I would describe the difference as about the same as adding the stage 1 (on my 328).

I went with MPPK for the warranty peace of mind. If I still have the car in a few years I will add the JB4.

Also, they wanted about $3,000 for the Dinan tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #1385
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopy94 View Post
I got my 335i Xdrive in April and had the MPPK installed.

I think it was worth it. The list price at my dealership was $1700, but I got a $500 voucher for BMW Accessories with the purchase of the car, so my out of pocket was $1200 plus tax.

I previously had a 2013 328 and put the BMS Stage 1 on that. I would describe the difference as about the same as adding the stage 1 (on my 328).

I went with MPPK for the warranty peace of mind. If I still have the car in a few years I will add the JB4.

Also, they wanted about $3,000 for the Dinan tune.

I installed the MPPK for the same purpose and I would install the Dinan tune if i am going to keep the car for more than 10 years.
      08-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #1386
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkof View Post
I and others have mentioned that the idle is lumpy post-install. Well today the car died while pulling into my garage. I just dropped it off at the dealership . . . .
Not to bring this back from the dead, but my startup, open loop cycle has become lumpy all of a sudden, real rough...
Any others have a SIB or resolution to their rough idle?
thx!

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0