F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Agency Power Catback Exhaust System or Borla Catback Exhaust System.
ARMA SPEED

08-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #23
cosmicdebris48059
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI
Hey OP I have a catless DP and borla atak axle back (stock resonator)

It's pretty loud in sport mode and then quiet in comfort and eco modes which is nice

lol... Not saying it doesn't sound good. Just a little too much for me. In my younger years I was All about the loud, obnoxious and aggressive exhaust note. Now I like an equal balance of not too loud yet not too quiet.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #24
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdebris48059 View Post
lol... Not saying it doesn't sound good. Just a little too much for me. In my younger years I was All about the loud, obnoxious and aggressive exhaust note. Now I like an equal balance of not too loud yet not too quiet.
Like I said before, in sport and sport+ you can make the car be loud especially choosing what RPM range to drive in. In comfort and auto mode the car sounds nice and refined and does not pop much, and in eco mode the car is pretty silent. It's nice to have the options of how loud I want the car to be at literally the press of a button.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #25
isingh88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M sport

Quote:
Quote:
Like I said before, in sport and sport+ you can make the car be loud especially choosing what RPM range to drive in. In comfort and auto mode the car sounds nice and refined and does not pop much, and in eco mode the car is pretty silent. It's nice to have the options of how loud I want the car to be at literally the press of a button.
personally I want to have the louder exhaust because I think any exhaust system will be quiet in eco mode so like you mention at a press of a button you can choose the sound you would like but if you have exhaust that's already kind of quiet then there's not much excitement in sports mode either way.
you think the borla would sound louder than the agency power both would be catback?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #26
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isingh88 View Post
personally I want to have the louder exhaust because I think any exhaust system will be quiet in eco mode so like you mention at a press of a button you can choose the sound you would like but if you have exhaust that's already kind of quiet then there's not much excitement in sports mode either way.
you think the borla would sound louder than the agency power both would be catback?
Yea I think the Agency Power is quieter. The Borla catback doesnt have a resonator I dont think. I got lucky and found someone selling only the Borla atak muffler so im running that with just a catless downpipe so the stock resonator eliminates the drone and the car can be extremely loud when I want. If you do the agency power I'd do the downpipe. If you arent planning on ever removing the downpipe stock and going catless then id get the borla
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #27
isingh88
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yea I think the Agency Power is quieter. The Borla catback doesnt have a resonator I dont think. I got lucky and found someone selling only the Borla atak muffler so im running that with just a catless downpipe so the stock resonator eliminates the drone and the car can be extremely loud when I want. If you do the agency power I'd do the downpipe. If you arent planning on ever removing the downpipe stock and going catless then id get the borla
alright I've been back and forth with this damn it to exhaust systems for a whole week but I think you are right it does seem louder in the videos but would you say it sound like a muscle car or a European sports car that's my only concern with the borla since they're so popular with American Muscle and I don't want my car to sound like that?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #28
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
alright I've been back and forth with this damn it to exhaust systems for a whole week but I think you are right it does seem louder in the videos but would you say it sound like a muscle car or a European sports car that's my only concern with the borla since they're so popular with American Muscle and I don't want my car to sound like that?
lol the engine is what american cars sound like that, putting borla on your bmw wont make it sound like a mustang

I can assure you my car does not sound like American Muscle

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #29
isingh88
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
lol the engine is what american cars sound like that, putting borla on your bmw wont make it sound like a mustang

I can assure you my car does not sound like American Muscle

well there's Toyotas that can sound like a muscle car lol so there's definitely exhaust systems out there that will make your car sound like what you wanted to be rice rocket muscle car whatever I want mines to sound like a proper European sports car.
Borla does have that warranty and established name brand I'm pulling back towards borla again lol
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #30
cosmicdebris48059
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isingh88
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not knocking or dissing at all, cause it's not a bad thing but I personally think the Borla gives the car an American V8 Muscle sound as opposed to the Agency which gives the car it's rightful European Sports Car sound. The #1 reason I went with the Agency exhaust was for the authentic European Sports Car sound. I've read quite a few threads of Borla owners being asked what size V8 they have on other forums!?.. And I've been on and read a lot of threads in different forums. I find Bimmerpost to be the most informative, and most of all the "Most Friendly", so this is the forum I stick to now. You're not going to go wrong with any exhaust you choose. Search the sound clips and let your ears decide. That's what I did and couldn't be happier. Any opinion you ask for is going to be partial to that person's liking and what they baught. Same goes with most all mods. Any FMIC, DP or CP is going to be better than stock or none at all. It's just a matter of what kind of a budget you're on. Some are on one and some aren't.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #31
thug108
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 335 xdrive m sport

Garage List
2013 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post

It's pretty loud in sport mode and then quiet in comfort and eco modes which is nice

I don't know how many times I've watched this video on YouTube before purchasing my atak. you definitely helped with my decision just purchased a HFC hopefully mine is just as loud
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #32
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not knocking or dissing at all, cause it's not a bad thing but I personally think the Borla gives the car an American V8 Muscle sound as opposed to the Agency which gives the car it's rightful European Sports Car sound. The #1 reason I went with the Agency exhaust was for the authentic European Sports Car sound. I've read quite a few threads of Borla owners being asked what size V8 they have on other forums!?.. And I've been on and read a lot of threads in different forums. I find Bimmerpost to be the most informative, and most of all the "Most Friendly", so this is the forum I stick to now. You're not going to go wrong with any exhaust you choose. Search the sound clips and let your ears decide. That's what I did and couldn't be happier. Any opinion you ask for is going to be partial to that person's liking and what they baught. Same goes with most all mods. Any FMIC, DP or CP is going to be better than stock or none at all. It's just a matter of what kind of a budget you're on. Some are on one and some aren't.
I'm pretty sure my old mustang sounds NOTHING like my 335i lol

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #33
cosmicdebris48059
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok, I give up....lol... Not saying our Bimmers sound Anything like any car in particular. Especially a Mustang. Those things are very unique to themselves in their exhaust note, kinda like a Harley. You know when ones going buy. Just saying, MY OPINION is that the Borla has a deeper more thunderous sound like an American V8.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #34
sicmadek
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sportline

Agency power definitely has its own sound and i like it. Although, if anyone wants to trade me their borla atak ill do it
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #35
isingh88
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicmadek View Post
Agency power definitely has its own sound and i like it. Although, if anyone wants to trade me their borla atak ill do it
Come on man you're putting more fuel to the fire!
Agency power is not loud enough for you anymore I guess?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #36
cosmicdebris48059
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicmadek
I was about to to give you a an appreciation for that post until I seen the trade up for the Borla part!!!???...lol...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 06:03 PM   #37
sicmadek
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sportline

Ive loved borla on everything
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 06:01 AM   #38
cosmicdebris48059
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You certainly can't go wrong with a Borla system. Very reputable company and I'm sure the fitment is spot on. Unlike my Agency which had to be tweaked by a custom shop. I still love it though and glad I went with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 03:03 AM   #39
ZoranTerzic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
As long as you keep stock DP you should pass OBD emission testing.

We offer both, i like the Agency Power better
Hey mate sent you a pm
Do you ship to Australia?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 03:07 AM   #40
ZoranTerzic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post

Any drone with this set up? Sounds mean as fuck!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #41
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoranTerzic View Post
Hey mate sent you a pm
Do you ship to Australia?
We do