F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > My Heart Broke Last Night....ahhh the agony!
Extreme Powerhouse

01-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

My Heart Broke Last Night....ahhh the agony!

So my baby 335i sportline backed into a 1/2 ton pick up last night at a tight parking garage inside a mall. He was going up hill and by the time I saw his headlights booooooom!

I've never driven a compact before so I thought the damage would have been HORRENDOUS. To make it worse the guy had a huge bull guard with day lights....I live in Texas haha.

Anyway I have a black scratch that looks like a smudge about 2 inches tall by 1 inch wide and another closer to the top edge of the trunk like if someone had a heavy suitcase and dropped it on the bumper unloading.

I can tell that the black plastic of the bumper is showing on both deep chunks....is this repairable by a steady hand and patience?

I've done an entire 2006 black Mazda 6 a few years bacl and by the time I finished about 4 hours later with drying and a little wetsand and then a tad more touch up then wetsanding again.....probalby 3-4 times and then I cleared it and applied 2 coats of wax.

How's BMW's paint? I just bought their touch up kit yesterday with the clear coat they sell in a bundle.

I'll post some pics later tonight.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

sorry to hear that waiting to see the photos.

there is vive auto detailing in houston check them out.

they maybe able to help.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 320XI Modern Line

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

Here's the damage I was fortunate enough with enough elbow grease and lots of rubbing compound, various scratch removers, followed by polish, then some more rubbing compound to get most of the gray color from the other vehicle off. Of course a couple light coats of Meguairs after as well.

This is what remains.....

Any tips? I have the Alpine White color code 300 ready to go with the accompanying clear coat bottle just haven't applied yet wondering if there was a better way since the cuts are pretty deep.
Appreciate 0