F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 Service and Maintenance Q & A
proTUNING Freaks

07-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #1
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Black 330i xDrive

Garage List
F30 Service and Maintenance Q & A

Welcome!

I'm new to the forums and the BMW community, so this post is all about me giving back to the community and helping out.

If you have any questions on the correct service and/or maintenance procedures or technical data... I will try my best to help you out. Just post with what you want to know and the last 7 of your VIN and I will get the correct procedures and save them as a PDF for you. I understand that not everyone can afford bentleys ridiculously overpriced service manual and not everybody has the technological skills or resources to install ISTA.

All data provided will come from the following sources:

ISTA/D RHEINGOLD 4.05.31 & SDP 4.05.2

DISCLAIMER - I will provide you with correct information based on the information given to me. I am not responsible if you give me wrong information and/or you attempt a procedure and ruin anything in the process. I accept no responsibilities.
      08-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
loggin
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Figueroa View Post
Welcome!

I'm new to the forums and the BMW community, so this post is all about me giving back to the community and helping out.

If you have any questions on the correct service and/or maintenance procedures or technical data... I will try my best to help you out. Just post with what you want to know and the last 7 of your VIN and I will get the correct procedures and save them as a PDF for you. I understand that not everyone can afford bentleys ridiculously overpriced service manual and not everybody has the technological skills or resources to install ISTA.

DISCLAIMER - I will provide you with correct information based on the information given to me. I am not responsible if you give me wrong information and/or you attempt a procedure and ruin anything in the process. I accept no responsibilities.
Thanks for offering to help on this forum!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
dizzyF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is there anyway to tell when my warranty ends and CPO warranty starts, and how the coverage changes? I had a hard time finding this information on BMW's website. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #4
drivef30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' 340i xDrive M-Sport

I recently purchased a used f30 and in the process of getting my warranty transfered but the bmw NA rep said only a dealership is able to pull warranty information or BMW NA if you give them a call with the last 7 digits of your VIN. P.s does anyone know how long the warranty transfer process takes?
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2017, 11:38 PM   #5
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyF30 View Post
Is there anyway to tell when my warranty ends and CPO warranty starts, and how the coverage changes? I had a hard time finding this information on BMW's website. Thanks.
The Manufacturers warranty starts the day of the first sale. For example, if you purchase a used vehicle and the first buyer bought it in 01/2014, it would start 01/2014. The manufactures warranty last 4 years/50000 miles. The CPO starts immediately after the manufacturers warranty ends. The CPO depends on the dealership. My dealership offers a 2 year/50000 extension. So my 2014 manufacturers warranty expires 2018/50000 and then the CPO becomes effective until 2020/100000. Make sure you ask your dealer what CPO program they offer because the extensions all vary and what they cover and don't cover varies as well.
      09-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Welcome!

ISTA/D RHEINGOLD 4.05.31 & SDP 4.05.

Can you find information as to the "electronic dipstick's" ability to measure "Oil Overfilled"? My new X1 owners' manual warns strongly about the dangers and risk of "severe engine/cat converter damage" if the engine is overfilled with oil...but gives not a clue as to what, if any warning will be given by the oil measuring system to alert the owner if this problem.

Since the X1 uses the same oil level sensor as the current 3 series (and most other current models as well) I came here looking for info and your offer of providing information from official BMW technical data sources should give me solid info on this issue.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #7
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitpilot View Post
Quote:
Welcome!

ISTA/D RHEINGOLD 4.05.31 & SDP 4.05.

Can you find information as to the "electronic dipstick's" ability to measure "Oil Overfilled"? My new X1 owners' manual warns strongly about the dangers and risk of "severe engine/cat converter damage" if the engine is overfilled with oil...but gives not a clue as to what, if any warning will be given by the oil measuring system to alert the owner if this problem.

Since the X1 uses the same oil level sensor as the current 3 series (and most other current models as well) I came here looking for info and your offer of providing information from official BMW technical data sources should give me solid info on this issue.
Thanks!
PM sent
      09-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #8
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

Kyle_Figueroa

Just did my oil change, the Vehicle Check just jumped from 08/2018 to right now at 09/2017 after I did the engine oil reset.

Did some basic checks to wiggle the suspension for loose components, check if brakes are binding (had a bit but I fixed it with a stomp on the brake, probably because of prolonged storage). Anything else I should check before I reset it? It does say "Reset Possible".

Aside from a slight noise in my steering wheel, no other concerns with the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Kyle_Figueroa

Just did my oil change, the Vehicle Check just jumped from 08/2018 to right now at 09/2017 after I did the engine oil reset.

Did some basic checks to wiggle the suspension for loose components, check if brakes are binding (had a bit but I fixed it with a stomp on the brake, probably because of prolonged storage). Anything else I should check before I reset it? It does say "Reset Possible".

The only other thing is maybe change the Air filter but that?s really up to you. You should be okay for reset.
      10-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Figueroa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Kyle_Figueroa

The only other thing is maybe change the Air filter but that?s really up to you. You should be okay for reset.
Oh actually I did that a short while back as well, when I first got the car. Both cabin and airbox... so I guess I'm good to go. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #11
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Welcome!

Thanks bro! the help is appreciated!
      10-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Quote:
Welcome!

Thanks bro! the help is appreciated!
No problem! I did just update to latest ISTA version as well!
      10-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #13
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cngo View Post
Would you be able to provide the recommended maintenance schedule for 2013 BMW F30 335i?
PM me your last 7 of your vin
      10-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #14
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump
      10-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #15
MHL
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW G22 and '22 Volvo S60

PM Sent Kyle_Figueroa
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #16
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Bump
Pm'd
      10-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Kyle_Figueroa

Sent you a PM. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 08:03 PM   #18
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkan_340i View Post
Kyle_Figueroa

Sent you a PM. Thanks.
Sorry everyone. I'm out of service right now. Currently fighting pneumonia so I cant do anything much right now. I will come back to requests when I'm all better.
      11-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #19
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Sorry everyone. I'm out of service right now. Currently fighting pneumonia so I cant do anything much right now. I will come back to requests when I'm all better.
Sorry to hear that! I had a bout of viral pneumonia during the Holidays my freshman year in college...maybe too many parties??????
Knocked me out for two weeks..lost close to 20 pounds...when I didn't have 'em too lose..maybe I should sleep outside this winter and hope for a relapse to get me back to "fighting weight"???

Hope you knock this out and are back "on the road" soon!
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #20
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitpilot View Post
Quote:
Sorry to hear that! I had a bout of viral pneumonia during the Holidays my freshman year in college...maybe too many parties??????
Knocked me out for two weeks..lost close to 20 pounds...when I didn't have 'em too loose! Hope you knock this out and are back "on the road" soon!
Yeah it's taking a toll on me right now. Thanks for your support!
      11-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #21
MHL
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW G22 and '22 Volvo S60

Quote:

Good luck Kyle with fighting pneumonia!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #22
Aevintiri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHL View Post
Quote:

Good luck Kyle with fighting pneumonia!
Thank you!