F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Trunk Light
proTUNING Freaks

11-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Honker
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 xdrive Sportline

Why should you do this yourself? It is obviously an error from the factory and the dealership should make it right at no cost to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
Kaitain
Private
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue II F30 M Sport

Why in the hell would you want to replace a central harness and a light that you didnt cut, destroy, and remove? Take the car into the dealership, let them replace everything, and make it a new car again. This thing you pay for with a new car is called a waranty, it is used when there are defects from the factory. This is a defect from the factory. You pay the enormous price of BMW for this. Making sense yet? If it doesn't, I have a bridge for sale for anyone that would want to pay out of pocket/repair this themselves on a factory defect, come see me please!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #25
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
I picked-up a light for my trunk but...it seems that not only was the light not there from production, but the wires are cleanly cut!!! There is no harness there whatsoever. Here's the tricky part - you can't just walk into the dealer and but the harness plug. It is not a separate part number. Plus the wires for the trunk light run uninterrupted from the central harness. To do the repair absolutely correctly, one would need to replace the main wiring harness.

Perhaps the best thing to do is find a wrecked f30 in a junk yard and pull the harness from that car. Then I can neatly solder and connect the wires together and have a light.

Honestly it is fascinating to ponder what happened here. The car was a euro delivery so I had possession straight from the factory. And I recall being in a parking garage on the trip wondering about how to turn on the trunk light. That suggests that the car was built without one. Really weird!

Oh well! Off to search junk yards for totaled f30's!
You picked up a light! aren't they suppose to take your car and install it for you? I hope you didn't pay for the light???
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
Oh well! Off to search junk yards for totaled f30's!
Why not just take it to your dealer to have it fixed? It's under warranty!