F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Why didn't the 4-Series look like a minature 6-Series?
proTUNING Freaks

11-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #23
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
I saw a base 428i for the first time a week or so ago. I was not overly impressed. It was more like Eh, than "WOW". It looked like the front end of a 3-Series with an over-styled version of the previous 3-Series coupe for the rear. When the 6-Series came out a couple of years ago, I thought it was the most beautiful BMW to ever grace badge. What happened?

With that said, I have not seen the M-Sport version live, which will probably be a huge improvement looks-wise. Living in LA, it is only a matter of time.

I personally don't like the looks of the 6 coupe, so I don't know what you're talking about. Love the 6 gran coupe!

FWIW, I personally think the f32 design is much improved over the e92 (I drive an e92). I also see quite a few similarities between the f32 and the 6, but the f32 IMO looks much better (M sport 19 inch wheels a must). It pulls off the look of a muscular coupe without the 6 series whale-like dimensions and blubber.

If there is one thing BMW got right about this gen of 3/4 series, it's the design. Gorgeous cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
ArthurKing1220
Private
Rep
Drives: REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theride View Post
Why does everyone thinks the M, whether M-sport or M makes all things look better. I love the base look of the 4 just as much as i like the m sport. I like the base look of the 5 series over the M sport. My Ideal car now would be the "sport package" 5 series, which bmw doesnt offer anymore. I dont like the "line" stuff bmw has nowadays.

While I do think the M-Sport package improves the look of the car, I am extremely sympathetic to your viewpoint insofar as: I think it's a crock for any car company to release a car that looks only "okay" until you apply a several-thousand-dollar package, at which point the look is transformed to "good" (or better). I'm not saying that's necessarily my opinion with the 4 Series, but if you read through this board, many people do think that, i.e., that you absolutely have to get the M-Sport Package to make the car look good. I always want to ask people who hold those sort of opinions (regarding any car really, not just the F32): doesn't that make you a bit pissed toward the manufacturer -- that they're releasing cars that don't look right out of the box?

Last edited by ArthurKing1220; 11-18-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #25
saltricks
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i M Sport

I agree about M Sport changing the entire look of the car. I would not have purchased the car if the package was not available. With that said, the car as a whole has definitely grown on me.

If you're in downtown LA, you'll probably see me driving around in my 428i black sapphire m sport.
Appreciate 0