F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 435i M Sport no Stainless footrest cover
Studio RSR

06-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
QC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i MSport

435i M Sport no Stainless footrest cover

We just got a new 435i M Sport. We have Dakota Leather Venetian Beige. I noticed in the options listing that the other interior colors get a Stainless M Sport foot rest cover. For some reason not with the beige. I looked at the footrest covers on BMW's site and they say "Not for vehicles with the M Sport Package". So two questions:

1) why not with the beige?

2) are there any decent options?

The beige is already scuffed/yucked up from shoes. Seems way more necessary than with the black for example. Anybody buy the cheapo M sets on Fleabay? I guess that's three questions.... The "Not for..." examples are $150. Thoughts please.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
jondaman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
We just got a new 435i M Sport. We have Dakota Leather Venetian Beige. I noticed in the options listing that the other interior colors get a Stainless M Sport foot rest cover. For some reason not with the beige. I looked at the footrest covers on BMW's site and they say "Not for vehicles with the M Sport Package". So two questions:

1) why not with the beige?

2) are there any decent options?

The beige is already scuffed/yucked up from shoes. Seems way more necessary than with the black for example. Anybody buy the cheapo M sets on Fleabay? I guess that's three questions.... The "Not for..." examples are $150. Thoughts please.
I bought a set on fleabay and shipped from HK. They were pretty decent.
The things about them is: They look nice from a distance, but when are you ever going to get down there to look at them up close besides when cleaning them anyways. I think I paid around $70 for the set (foot rest, gas, brake). It was of decent quality and they lined up perfectly. All you need for install are some 3M tapes that come with it for the none-drill option.
Each of there own, of course, but I can't imagine paying over $100 of BMW tax to get a set of rubber and stainless steel with zero impact to performance, minute impact on cosmetic. I would rather spend that on other mods or a nice dinner
Sorry but it is a bit dirty :\

Past: E46 Metallic Blue Coupe 323i GONE: E86 Jet Black Z4 Convertible GONE: E92 Crimson Red 335i,
F30 Liquid Blue Matallic 328i
Current Garage Queen: Mineral White F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
QC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

These are Chinese as well. $32, so hardly worth worrying about. Says: "Need To Drill When Installation". Pretty sure that means I have to drill although it would seem tape backed would work. I think I only want the footrest cover. Seems like they might be hot or harsh on bare feet, and I drive bare often

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Shazsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

I installed an oem one on my 335i sport. The reason why it's listed as "not for" is that the stock one is like plastic riveted through the carpet. It's kind of a pain to take it out but doable. Then you have to poke holes through the foam for the new one. It's not as firm as it would be stock but it's fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #5
QC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

There is no existing plate on mine. Just the beige plastic. Seems like some epoxy on the end of the screws on the M style I show above would work well.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I seem to recall this coming up early on with the F30s. I recall posts where members with tan interior on an MSport car were simply asking their dealer for the dead pedal cover and in many cases they were very accommodating. I'd be ticket too if I missed out on the dead pedal cover due to interior color, just seems stupid. Don't discriminate BMW!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazsta View Post
I installed an oem one on my 335i sport. The reason why it's listed as "not for" is that the stock one is like plastic riveted through the carpet. It's kind of a pain to take it out but doable. Then you have to poke holes through the foam for the new one. It's not as firm as it would be stock but it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
These are Chinese as well. $32, so hardly worth worrying about. Says: "Need To Drill When Installation". Pretty sure that means I have to drill although it would seem tape backed would work. I think I only want the footrest cover. Seems like they might be hot or harsh on bare feet, and I drive bare often

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA...AAOSwBahVbXlp/$_12.JPG[/IMG]
I installed this set on my car and did not remove the original dead pedal. I drilled through it and installed the new set over it using screws and glue. It is very stable.j

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
QC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Cool ^^^^^^ thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 03:23 AM   #9
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Attached Images

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #10
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

^ Something looks off with that M logo...or may be its just me
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #11
QC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Just looked at my door jam and logo matches perfectly! Thanks.
Appreciate 0