F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > H7 HID kit keeps on wiggling
Extreme Powerhouse

11-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
rfcoolz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i xDrive

H7 HID kit keeps on wiggling

Hey guys,

I tried to install a hid kit in my F30 and seems like any HID bulb never "clicks" when installing. (I've tried several different brands like Opt7)

The thing is, any other halogen that I install always clicks (phillips diamond vision, xtremevision, etc.) but not on HID

Any inputs on this issue? Maybe its housing issue?

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
E46nowF30
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, F30, F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfcoolz View Post
Hey guys,

I tried to install a hid kit in my F30 and seems like any HID bulb never "clicks" when installing. (I've tried several different brands like Opt7)

The thing is, any other halogen that I install always clicks (phillips diamond vision, xtremevision, etc.) but not on HID

Any inputs on this issue? Maybe its housing issue?

Thanks a lot!
How can it be a housing issue when you just mentioned that all halogen bulbs click??

Have you even examined the HID bulbs you were installing and noticed if maybe the mounting flange may be thicker than the halogen's flange?

Anyways, those HID bulbs have no business in your halogen reflector housings!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
rfcoolz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46nowF30 View Post
How can it be a housing issue when you just mentioned that all halogen bulbs click??

Have you even examined the HID bulbs you were installing and noticed if maybe the mounting flange may be thicker than the halogen's flange?

Anyways, those HID bulbs have no business in your halogen reflector housings!
Hmmm that makes sense. I'll check if its a flange issue
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
E46nowF30
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, F30, F36

Quote:
Yeah, those H7 HID bulbs use plastic flanges and are thicker than the halogen metal flanges. You really should put in some projectors with those bulbs because you will produce a lot of glare.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #5
rfcoolz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46nowF30 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, those H7 HID bulbs use plastic flanges and are thicker than the halogen metal flanges. You really should put in some projectors with those bulbs because you will produce a lot of glare.
Yeah I actually gave up on HID and just went back to phillips diamond vision because it just doesn't make sense lol thanks a lot for your advice!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #6
Mr.Apo11o
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2130 F30 N20 328i

Talking Better than HID Kit (Halogen Headlights)

I have used HID kits before and have had issues with all brands, either flickering or fitment, ballast to big ect...

Found these and was a little skeptical at first but honestly the best Kit I have ever owned.

First of all the price is not bad at all comparing them to any quality HID Kit and in addition has a great warranty. They fit perfectly with no wobble on both H7 headlights/high beam and H8 Fogs.

The color is fantastic, the best way to describe the color is like the older Lexus and Infinity headlights, white with a small/tiny hint of blue, not "ghetto" by far. They turn on instantly with no need to warm up, No errors.

they fit perfectly into the headlight housing, the difference from Halogen to these LED's are incredible, I drove from Orlando to Miami 3.5hr drive at night and these lights gave me great confidence on the road, visibility is phenomenal and did not get any drivers flashing their lights at me, so in conclusion the glare is minimal.

I stopped next to a new 2016 Mercedes CLS equipped with their new LED adaptive headlights and the color was exactly the same.

i have to admit angel eyes and projection HID looks and performs the best, but if you are not in the market to spend a check on headlights, I highly recommend these.

Ill be making a post with before and after pictures & videos.

Let me know if you need a discount they can provide a 10% discount to members.

PM me if you have any questions.

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...og-Light-Bulb/
Appreciate 0