F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How do out of state leases/purchases work?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
redwing497
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None yet

How do out of state leases/purchases work?

Hi everyone. I tried doing some research but I'm just not getting it. I've seen people recommend leasing from a select number of CAs who have a presence on these forums. I can't recall any of the names, unfortunately. I'm in NJ and I haven't heard too many good things about the dealerships in my immediate area.

If they are not willing to work with me on numbers, what's the benefit of going to an out of state CA? How is delivery handled? Do I have to pay the dealer to ship the car? This is assuming I'm not doing a PCD or anything special like that. I would assume the cost to ship the car would negate most of the cost savings. Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to plan all this out now so I can be order as soon as the numbers (hopefully) get better.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
QTC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 320i; B6 A4 1.8T

I got my car from NJ when I lived in VA - took the train up, signed the papers, drove back. Dealer handled the tags, I got the car inspected - that was it. I'm sure it's more complicated if you need to ship the car, etc.

I used JMK for what it's worth - Mark Carvalho was my CA, and he was awesome. Beat the pricing by a huge margin, was very thorough with all the details, etc.
Appreciate 0