F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F32 Base stereo upgrade
Studio RSR

11-08-2018, 06:14 AM   #23
TeaAndBiscuits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D F30 M SPORT

Aha, so not quite the quick install!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #24
BMW3DK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 / 540 G30

Hi,

Sorry - I havent been here for a while - there is something called work that takes up all my spare time....

Anyhow - did you find a solution?

//Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaAndBiscuits View Post
Bumping an old thread but that Match amp PP62DSP 'install in 15 mins' whereabouts would it go on a car that has base option only (no existing amp) ?
I am tempted to get that amp and a set of decent front components but I want to do minimal wiring if possible? The front speakers install I can do no issue myself, but I am daunted by the amp fitting, so if that Match amp is really easy I would be very tempted!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #25
bakalao1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 420i Cabrio (F33)

The "plug and play" feature only works on cars that already have an installed amp (HiFi or HK systems). For the base audio you will have to do heavy wiring from the HU to trunk, so Itīs probably not worth to buy a $1.000 amp, just because they are "Plug and Play".
The upside is that, if you are up for the wiring, you can buy a much cheaper (and potentially more powerful) amp, like a Rockford Fosgate or a JL and a separate and more efficient DSP.

The other option is simply replacing the speakers with Bavsound Stage one for the Base Audio, that will improve your sound a lot, but still it would be working without an amp, which means it won't be as loud as it could be.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #26
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakalao1 View Post
The other option is simply replacing the speakers with Bavsound Stage one for the Base Audio, that will improve your sound a lot
To the best of my knowledge no one,including Bavsound, has ever confirmed that with actual measurements.
Appreciate 0