F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 2014 428i (F32) - Cant Get Door Locks to "Beep"
GetBMWParts

09-12-2023, 02:40 PM   #1
Mayor111
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 650i

Question 2014 428i (F32) - Cant Get Door Locks to "Beep"

Hey Guys - my daughter just bought a 2014 428i XDrive. When she locks the doors, it doesn't make a sound. Using Bimmercode, I enabled the sound for locking the doors in two sections, but still no sound. Does anyone have all the sections that need to be coded to make this happen? I'm assuming something in Expert Mode is needed. Please note - we don't want the horn to sound when locking - only the "beep".

BOTH were set to ACTIVE - What am I missing?

Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation
Enable/disable the acoustical confirmation when the car is locked/unlocked.
Values:
  • Active
  • Not active
• Requirements:
  • “Anti-theft alarm system” CANS2 or “Roof Function Center” FZD__07 control unit (Not sure what this means)?
Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation
Enable/disable the checkbox in the settings for doors/keys in the iDrive system to enable/disable the acoustical lock confirmation. If the checkbox in the iDrive system does not allow selection, please check if “Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation” in the “Roof Function Center” control unit is set to “Active“ also. Please note that the car has to be equipped with an alarm system.
Values:
  • Active
  • Not active
• Requirements:
  • “Headunit” HU_CIC or “Headunit” HU_NBT or “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO control unit (Not sure what this means)?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Coding shouldn't be required. Both the acoustical signal and flashing light option is in the iDrive settings> profiles.
A suggestion: Tell her to leave the radio on, and when she parks the car don't hit the ignition button twice, just once to turn off the engine. When she locks the car the radio will turn off. If she forgets to lock the car hearing the radio should remind her. Also, code the side mirrors to fold when the car is locked. That gives a visual confirmation that it's locked.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 03:32 AM   #3
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor111 View Post
Hey Guys - my daughter just bought a 2014 428i XDrive. When she locks the doors, it doesn't make a sound. Using Bimmercode, I enabled the sound for locking the doors in two sections, but still no sound. Does anyone have all the sections that need to be coded to make this happen? I'm assuming something in Expert Mode is needed. Please note - we don't want the horn to sound when locking - only the "beep".

BOTH were set to ACTIVE - What am I missing?

Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation
Enable/disable the acoustical confirmation when the car is locked/unlocked.
Values:
  • Active
  • Not active

• Requirements:
  • “Anti-theft alarm system” CANS2 or “Roof Function Center” FZD__07 control unit (Not sure what this means)?
Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation
Enable/disable the checkbox in the settings for doors/keys in the iDrive system to enable/disable the acoustical lock confirmation. If the checkbox in the iDrive system does not allow selection, please check if “Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation” in the “Roof Function Center” control unit is set to “Active“ also. Please note that the car has to be equipped with an alarm system.
Values:
  • Active
  • Not active
• Requirements:
  • “Headunit” HU_CIC or “Headunit” HU_NBT or “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO control unit (Not sure what this means)?
It means that the anti-theft alarm system has to be mounted in the car. The easy way to see that is if there is a light underneth the rear view mirror tnat has a flashing LED if the car is locked.
Appreciate 0