F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Looks So Much Better....?
GetBMWParts

04-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio77 View Post
Does anyone think the difference in looks from the F30 and its predecessor is night and day? I don't mean to offend anyone but this car just looks incredible...Anyone else see this exterior as a BIG step up from BMW and the 3 series?
The F30 is a beautiful car...
on the other hand, the E90's main design lines were from a japanese artist... it has some nice details, but as a whole, i didn't like it as much ...

F30 > E46 > E30 > E36 > E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Yup.. I always disliked the look of the E9X after the E46. And while I absolutely love my F30, I still think the E46 is a winner when it comes to the exterior. Like my wife said to me the other day: "I wished they put all the technology and everything from the F30 into the E46, now that would be one awesome car"
I notice that SVache and i, we share a lot of POV in common... so i dont have to say much, i can just let you speak for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
nope, I'm a techno kinda guy

Well, that and the local reggae music here
Tomorrow on my last day with the car before the drop off,
i will be driving around in Paris with Hawaìian music !!
I have tons of those as well LOL Yah Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
+1! I absolutely agree, the e46 may have been the best design for the 3er ever, and I really loved my e30. I absolutely hated the e90, in fact so much that I decided to take a break from 3ers and got first the e63 645ci, and then the M6. I think the f30 is a great successor, though a larger car that more fits my needs now, so from a historical point of view, it may not fit the segment of the traditional 3er, but for my needs, its the best car that BMW currently offers (until the M4 GC comes out that is!)

But seeing an e46 recently, I though the same thing..they could bring the car out today with the newer tech additions and it would still be a great car to own, id certainly buy it!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #24
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Does anyone think the difference in looks from the F30 and its predecessor is night and day? I don't mean to offend anyone but this car just looks incredible...Anyone else see this exterior as a BIG step up from BMW and the 3 series?
I think it is an improvement but it isn't different enough to be like night and day. My opinion, but I've read it elsewhere quite a bit, too...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
Flavio77
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 Range Rover 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
+1

I wonder if they are judging from pics or have they seen the car for real? I must say this car looks completely different face to face. I remember when i went to the dealership on Feb 10th and I was like WOW this looks nothing like in the pics.
Yes! I think this is the first time I truly understood the sentiment of "You have to see it in person," as the front of the car is just okay looking in pictures it's my absolute favorite part of the machine in person...it just has the perfect relationship to the ground...slightly hovering over it.... mmmmmm....1998 BMW 840 ci is probably the only other bmw i've seen with as interesting as a front end...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree the F30 exterior appearance is a big step up from the E90, with the emphasis on BIG and that's no accident. F30 takes the 3 series further upmarket with a more premium appearance and larger size and price. A fully optioned F30 335i runs just shy of 60K which is pretty amazing for a 3er. So the 3 series now occupies the market segment once held by the original 5 series and the 1 series takes over the segment originally pioneered by the 3er. I still think though with the right equipment and mods the E90 holds it's own even compared to the F30.
      04-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

I think the PRE-facelift E90 335i looks incredible. There is just something about it. It doesnt need a drop. Just look right. The post-face lift i like is the 335 msport. thats all.

This f30 looks blah in my opinion. That hood cutline is horrible. I hate the cut on the side that separates the bumper. I just think the cut does not flow well with the car. I also dont like the second character crease at the top.

It looks good overall, but none of them beats the E46 coupe m sport. or even the regular 330. That car looks incredible today,
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
micknugget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theride View Post
I think the PRE-facelift E90 335i looks incredible. There is just something about it. It doesnt need a drop. Just look right. The post-face lift i like is the 335 msport. thats all.

This f30 looks blah in my opinion. That hood cutline is horrible. I hate the cut on the side that separates the bumper. I just think the cut does not flow well with the car. I also dont like the second character crease at the top.

It looks good overall, but none of them beats the E46 coupe m sport. or even the regular 330. That car looks incredible today,
To everyone who whines about he cut line for the hood, that is not BMW's fault. They had to adhere to the new pedestrian safety standard in Europe and separate the hood from the grill. Sorry.
      04-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
To everyone who whines about he cut line for the hood, that is not BMW's fault. They had to adhere to the new pedestrian safety standard in Europe and separate the hood from the grill. Sorry.
fact still remains that its ugly. BTW, why isnt it on Audi? sure isnt on the new A6 and 8.

Also, Merc do a wayyyy better job with the hood cut line. its better integrated on benz. it seems the designer of bmw just got a ruler and slash a line across the hood.
Appreciate 0