F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Pirelli Sottozero II Run flats
proTUNING Freaks

09-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
Stan876
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F36 435D Xdrive

Pirelli Sottozero II Run flats

Hi There just about to take delivery of my F31 xdrive and I will be putting winter run flats on my 403M 19" alloys.

I don't want to put smaller winter wheels on the car for months of the year but that means I am limited to Pirelli Sottozero II run flat tyres or normal tyres and the spray foam puncture repair cans which I am not keen on.

Can anyone give a review of these tyres the on-line reviews are rubbish, as usual, some saying they are great others saying they are not. A few real world reviews would be great. thanks in advance.

Last edited by Stan876; 09-30-2013 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan876
Hi There just about to take delivery of my F31 xdrive and I will be putting winter run flats on my 403M 19" alloys.

I don't want to put smaller winter wheels on the car for months of the year but that means I am limited to Pirelli Sottozero II run flat tyres or normal tyres and the spray foam puncture repair cans which I am not keen on.

Can anyone give a review of these tyres the on-line reviews are rubbish, as usual, some saying they are great others saying they are not. A few real world reviews would be great. thanks in advance.
Have them, no problems last winter got me through medium snows easily. Slightly louder then Conti sport 5's. They ride well.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

I'll also have the Sottozero II run flat installed in 18" 225/255. They are ready at the dealer. I'm just waiting until as Long as possible (hope December).
Anyway, I'm also wondering how they will perform in Snow and Ice conditions. Especially as I have RWD. Will see
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

I had these fitted last winter and I was amazed at the difference. The real test came after a heavy bout of snow so I drove into the countryside to see how they coped.

They coped brilliantly and I had no trouble driving up snow covered inclines and pulling away from ice-packed junctions. I drove a 118d in all-season tyres in the same conditions and it couldn't move.

It's no snow plough but provided you've got ground clearance you should be fine on these tyres. Highly recommended.

My comments at the time are here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793525
Appreciate 0