F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Helpful (NOT) BMW UK
Studio RSR

01-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Helpful (NOT) BMW UK

We took possession of two identical BMW 330d M Sports in late December 2012. My ex-wife's car is fine but mine is/was not.

You might have already read that my BMW came with baggy leather seats all round and mismatched paintwork on the rear bumper. Inside, the car looked used and outside it has twin colours, EBII and EBIII: buy one, get one free!

I wrote numerous letters to BMW UK, BMW Germany and was eventually told by BMW UK that my car was within BMW Quality Tolerences. It did not help that I took the car to a dealer (not the supplying one as they are a bit far away) who simply did not see a difference between my baggy leather seats and the cars with perfect ones in his showroom. He basically refused to support my case.

To cut a long story short, I had to get all the seats fixed myself. It cost me £204. Regarding the rear bumper, it seems that the EBII hue is prone to this rear bumper colour mismatch.

Anyway, I feel that BMW UK's behaviour has been unfair and unhelpful. I finally had enough and wrote a very curt and apt email to the Manager dealing with my case and copied it to BMW UK MD: 'There are none so blind as those who will not see'. I naturally did not get a response!

Judge for yourslves.

The Seat thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784559
The Rear Bumper thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785764

PICTURES:

Baggy seat before:

Fixed and perfect:

All seats done and now perfect. Fixed by Auto Audio, Park Royal, London.

Rear Bumper colour mismatch:

01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
giorgioarmani
Private
Rep
Drives: silver m sport 335i & 19s

the baggy seat was plenty obvious to me on your photo. your quote is spot on. should be on the wall at every dealer lol. nicely done fix from the garage. the bagginess will be back at 10000 kms cause mine are now what yours were at deliveryl but of course thats not the point.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Your other posts said that the seat base had 'collapsed'
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgioarmani View Post
the baggy seat was plenty obvious to me on your photo. your quote is spot on. should be on the wall at every dealer lol. nicely done fix from the garage. the bagginess will be back at 10000 kms cause mine are now what yours were at deliveryl but of course thats not the point.
At least all the seats will now start life looking shapely and like new, which they should have been in the first place.