F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Winterstorm recalls
ARMA SPEED

09-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #23
optik_nerve
Rep
Drives: -=-=-=

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
My buddy got the call from dealer, he went in and no inspection done while there. Dealer sat down with him and discussed the buyback and ordering new car
Can you tell us any specifics?
Did he went with the '16 X1?
Interest rates?
Residul value?

Any information would be very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

He went in last Saturday having just initial consultation (Q&A session) with the dealer and came out feeling overwhelmed due to pressure of having to give up the car and yet being pressured to get a MY2016 X1.

Dealer does not even have the residual and interest rate as of that time but told my buddy it should be in the 4.9% interest rate. (He is financing the car MY2015 which he got 0.9% interest rate on the deal, thus residual is no concern to him). Dealer cannot give him the carryforward rate of 0.9% onto the MY2016 as dealer was instructed by BMW Canada.

I think he has scheduled another meeting with the dealer next week and this time he will be seeking compensation and fairness. Dealer advised him BMW Canada has set a deadline to decide by Oct 31. After this date, there will be no secondary offering and it will deem closed.

As an alternative, he is going to try to get the X3 as a last resort. He is willing to pay the price difference (with negotiation of discount in the form as compensation) but he is afraid BMW Canada may not budge on this idea at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optik_nerve View Post
Can you tell us any specifics?
Did he went with the '16 X1?
Interest rates?
Residul value?

Any information would be very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #25
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

That 4% interest rate difference is huge!

My sales guy is dodging me and not getting back to me about the status of my vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #26
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yup. Probably in the $1500+ difference
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #27
optik_nerve
Rep

Looks like we are all in the same boat.. there is also a Redit thread about this. I still do get it how they can walk away from this if we cannot at least get the money not spent on the residual back, I understand this is for another debate but the car now has a salvage title....

In any way possible will not deal with BMW the next time around, their NPS number can tell a different story but this is how they really treat their customer. In the end I will just not sign anything and comr November they will need to pay back some $.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #28
optik_nerve
Rep

I just pinged my lawyer and he said to not sign anything, if anyone is member of caa to bring this issue up.
More to follow.
Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #29
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
here is the situation of my buddy now going thru the hassle of ordering the replacement.

-He was financing a MY2015 X1 @ 1.9% interest (now more than 1/2 year into the term). Now, bmw canada/dealer says the new MY2016 x1 will have much higher interest rate which he will be forced to go into and will wind up paying lot more $ in the end.
-based on this situation, he needs time to evaluate and has not yet ordered the replacement car and will seek some sort of equivalent compensation, such as added option package or extended factory warranty.
-total amount paid into his MY2015 loan will be treated as one downpayment towards the replacement car loan but with a much higher interest rate. (bmw canada needs to discharge the orig loan first because it has lien on the MY2015 x1 and starts a new loan with new lien on the MY2016X1)

Are you guys facing the same or similar problems ?
In regards to the loan that will be treated as one downpayment towards the replacement car loan, it doesn’t seem right. This is first time I hear about it. From previously read threads I’ve heard about refunds. I’m not sure what is the truth, however, if they would do this to me I wouldn’t sign any papers for a new deal.

I never heard anything like that.

- client buys a vehicle he likes, for the price he likes (considering interest rates as a part of the total purchase price)
- then shop takes the purchase away and takes client’s money and puts towards another vehicle, which client doesn’t like (either model-wise or price-wise)? Since when this type of business happening? I’m not even going to ask my lawyer about, I just won’t accept it. It doesn’t make sense. Can it be that it is made up to force the client into the purchase?

Feel free to review this http://bit.ly/1KLg8zy (what I’ve heard so far)
Please share your experience if possible

Last edited by Usser555; 09-13-2015 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #30
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

dealer was instructed that there will be no actual cash refund at all. That's the wordings coming from my buddy, NOT me.

I hear your argument loud and clear. My buddy is just as frustrated as everyone that is facing the same/similar situation.

As I was saying, dealer will not force you into anything at all. If you want to keep the car, then that's your option, the new replacement car offer will expire by Oct 31, 2015 (at least the order has to be in). Then, there is the question of factory warranty, how does bmw handles any issues that may or may not directly link to the water issue.

If I hear back from my buddy in the coming week, I will update this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #31
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
dealer was instructed that there will be no actual cash refund at all. That's the wordings coming from my buddy, NOT me.

I hear your argument loud and clear. My buddy is just as frustrated as everyone that is facing the same/similar situation.

As I was saying, dealer will not force you into anything at all. If you want to keep the car, then that's your option, the new replacement car offer will expire by Oct 31, 2015 (at least the order has to be in). Then, there is the question of factory warranty, how does bmw handles any issues that may or may not directly link to the water issue.

If I hear back from my buddy in the coming week, I will update this thread.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #32
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

My buddy has decided to go with the MY2016 X1 after conversed with his dealer this week. (but he cannot order one until issues are being addressed with BMW Canada).

He had spoken to the GM of his dealership again and my buddy have formally asked for fairness and compensation. The GM has forwarded his request to BMW Canada for review and consideration and should probably hear back from them sometimes this week or next (at the latest).

The actual inspection of the vehicle will be done once all the issues are resolved and the new car is ordered at the time. A loaner may be provided but this is not a guarantee by the dealer as dealer indicates if the vehicle has no safety issue, then dealer will advise the car to be driven until the new one comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usser555 View Post
In regards to the loan that will be treated as one downpayment towards the replacement car loan, it doesn’t seem right. This is first time I hear about it. From previously read threads I’ve heard about refunds. I’m not sure what is the truth, however, if they would do this to me I wouldn’t sign any papers for a new deal.

I never heard anything like that.

- client buys a vehicle he likes, for the price he likes (considering interest rates as a part of the total purchase price)
- then shop takes the purchase away and takes client’s money and puts towards another vehicle, which client doesn’t like (either model-wise or price-wise)? Since when this type of business happening? I’m not even going to ask my lawyer about, I just won’t accept it. It doesn’t make sense. Can it be that it is made up to force the client into the purchase?

Feel free to review this http://bit.ly/1KLg8zy (what I’ve heard so far)
Please share your experience if possible

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-13-2015 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 08:26 PM   #33
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My buddy has decided to go with the MY2016 X1 after conversed with his dealer this week. (but he cannot order one until issues are being addressed with BMW Canada).

He had spoken to the GM of his dealership again and my buddy have formally asked for fairness and compensation. The GM has forwarded his request to BMW Canada for review and consideration and should probably hear back from them sometimes this week or next (at the latest).

The actual inspection of the vehicle will be done once all the issues are resolved and the new car is ordered as the time. A loaner may be provided but this is not a guarantee by the dealer as dealer indicates if the vehicle has no safety issue, then dealer will advise the car to be driven until the new one comes.
Thanks for the update
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #34
optik_nerve
Rep

Good News!
Dealer and I have agreed on payment for a 320x '15, just waiting for a final confirmation and hopefully I will be able to trade before next week, thanks everyone for your advise!

-S-
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #35
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Congratulations on the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:07 AM   #36
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

If you are getting another MY15 then I can see the dealer & BMW Canada will work something out with you on a smoother way as they want to get rid of the remaining inventory. Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

Quote:
Good News!
Dealer and I have agreed on payment for a 320x '15, just waiting for a final confirmation and hopefully I will be able to trade before next week, thanks everyone for your advise!

-S-
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #37
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Quote:
Good News!

-S-
Congrats on your new ride!

But I am a little confused - i thought you had the 320x '15 earlier, and they were trying to replace you with another 320x '15 earlier? (same model, same build)

You didn't accept and now you did, so what more did they offer you
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #38
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Just got a call from my sales rep. My replacement car is here. Confirmed that they want to use my previous payments as down payment. Also I will have to take the new finance rate but bmw will match payments and cover the difference so should be a wash in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #39
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k View Post
Just got a call from my sales rep. My replacement car is here. Confirmed that they want to use my previous payments as down payment. Also I will have to take the new finance rate but bmw will match payments and cover the difference so should be a wash in the end.
It looks like you got 2016 model, but they will take care of the interest by reducing the total price.
- Did you get the same specs or more?
- Any other compensations besides they are taking care of the interest?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #40
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

I haven't picked it up but I think I got one of the last 2015 summer production with the m sport package on a 328

He gave me the m sport package for free.

Nothing else compensated yet. Not sure what to ask for
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #41
bd7069
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi Estoril Blue

I would consider it as good deal as you get what you had before + M package with the same financing option. I have an appointment this Saturday. BMW doesn't have 2015 in my configuration and even 340 would not match completely. BMW screwed me during delivery and now this. I'm sick of it. Expecting difficult negotiation. Unless miracle happenes.........
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #42
optik_nerve
Rep

Good luck; I have yet to complete the trade due to no '15 model left except demo and they want full MSRP for the demo or I will have to pay for the new '16 financial rates.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #43
bd7069
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi Estoril Blue

Quote:
Good luck; I have yet to complete the trade due to no '15 model left except demo and they want full MSRP for the demo or I will have to pay for the new '16 financial rates.
I'm in the same boat. BMW doesn't have comparable 2015 model, but 2016 is under powered for my current configuration. Just expressing my private opinion, I would never get the demo, engine already screwed. If BMW decided to cancel the contract it signed, I will try keep the car. Same thing like with a mortgage, if I could not pay it back, a bank will take my home. In this case BMW cancelling the agreement and I will keep the car. If I sell it for parts since I could not drive it , I would make a killing.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #44
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Make sure all of your details are clear. Was going to pick up my replacement today. They were going to keep all my previous payments and pocket it as their own cash without reducing my payments or the purchase price of the car (financed my car)

I'm really upset with this whole situation. My sales agent tells me everything is one way then last second tries to switch it.

I don't even know what to do now other telling them to fix it. I don't know who to complain to either.

Advice?
Appreciate 0