F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Winterstorm recalls
ARMA SPEED

09-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #45
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Btw one of the major changes is the switch from previously giving you the money back from previous payments to now talk of down payment.

Sounds bad for people leasing if that's the case. Must be something different....
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #46
bd7069
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi Estoril Blue

I had my service appointment today. BMW took my car and I got 328 loaner. Talked to sales manager, they could not find any comparable replacement and will need to contact BMW Canada. Should contact me on Monday. I'll see how it is going to go. I would not sign anything till I'm 100% that I have the same car and same payments as before. Sorry to hear about your problems, I think it is time to contact a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #47
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k
Make sure all of your details are clear. Was going to pick up my replacement today. They were going to keep all my previous payments and pocket it as their own cash without reducing my payments or the purchase price of the car (financed my car)

I'm really upset with this whole situation. My sales agent tells me everything is one way then last second tries to switch it.

I don't even know what to do now other telling them to fix it. I don't know who to complain to either.

Advice?
The quote generator which is being issued is usually very confusing. Sometime down payment or discount is in one place then suddenly it is in another cell of the quote. It is quite annoying and takes some time to confirm if the total amount and the monthly payments are correct. If you have same spec car and same monthly payment, you should be getting all the payments from before back in full. If you are leasing then residual value for the same vehicle will be less today than it was 3-6 month ago, which means the monthly payment should be more, but it shouldn't be your problem, they have to take care of occurred difference, and if the monthly payment is NOT less than your previous payment amount then everything from before should be refunded. Don't sign anything until you know
- are previous payments refunded
- do you have to pay downpayment
- is your monthly payment correct
- there can be more things to check before signing.

Good luck with your negotiations. I'm in the same boat and am getting less of the car than I had before and dealer hopes that I will be paying same amount, but I won't, I'm not going to pay same amount per month for less of a car. If nothing will be acceptable I can and will walk away. Payments will be refunded to me in 1-2 weeks plus reimbursement for tint. ... They took my property, they should refund everything. End of story.

Last edited by Usser555; 09-27-2015 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #48
bd7069
Rep

Just got email from my dealer. They are not playing nice, sent me an offer I don't want even look at.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #49
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Just spoke with my sales agent.

BMW wants to take all my previous payments (and still taking new payments) while I have no car as like a rental fee for driving the old car while I had it plus this enterprise rental I have and then charge me for a whole new car with no discounts.

Ridiculous.

Told him no to everything and make it right.
He's going to talk to BMW Canada he says...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #50
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I really wonder why some people are getting more than a great replacement while some are getting shafted by dealer / BMW Canada.

Should have one set of rules .. "better or equivalent"
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #51
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

I just got a pretty bad offer. Won't cover my tints plus pay an extra $1000.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #52
bd7069
Rep

At least you get an offer. I did not get anything. I added spoiler and side decals to my car, will try to get it back if and if I get any offer. My dealer offered me 2015 335 in different configuration and colour, i declined. Did not even talked about the price. I don't know what the hell is going on. We should go public with that issue and tell the world how "LUXURY" car company treats its customers. We did not do anything wrong and we deserve proper treatment.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #53
bd7069
Rep

By the way, after any meeting or email, I reply to my dealer in writing, just in case I would need a document for a lawyer. I hope, really hope it would not go into that direction. I would suggest , you should do it as well, you never know. Good Luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #54
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

I sometimes wonder what if I didn't give back the car and have them chase me for it. Will they be taking my request more seriously?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #55
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

I think if they called you they have done their part legally and you could keep the car forever and pay regularly. But they won't be liable if there is a related issue
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #56
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k View Post
I think if they called you they have done their part legally and you could keep the car forever and pay regularly. But they won't be liable if there is a related issue
Based on my understanding, it was Transport Canada that demanded BMW to do the recall due to safety issues, and the car must be recalled/fixed/suspended/replaced - no exceptions.

They cannot sell a defective product and continue to charge customers at full pop. Legally, the contract was signed and sold to me. They cannot take it from me because it's mine asset.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #57
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

So you want to keep it? I don't know what's a greater trump your rights to keep it or transport Canada demanding they recall it. I read a stat that majority of people ignore recalls, not sure if its legit though.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #58
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Just spoke with my sales agent.

BMW wants to take all my previous payments (and still taking new payments) while I have no car as like a rental fee for driving the old car while I had it plus this enterprise rental I have and then charge me for a whole new car with no discounts.

Ridiculous.

Told him no to everything and make it right.
He's going to talk to BMW Canada he says...
My dealer gave me a one of best loaners they have (so I buy my replacement car with them), and I would NEVER pay a dime for rent (this their fault).

Well, looks like you got very bad sales guy working with you. (If my sales guy would do it to me I would complain to head office within 2 hours).
- You should be able to walk away if you don't like the new deal, this is what I'm planning to do and will, if I won't like replacement color.
- Also I will be getting all payments back (confirmed)
- Plus if I show the receipt for eveything I did for my car, I will get it reimbursed (tint etc)

It is quite simple, they took my car, they refund EVERYTHING I paid for it (lease or finance). There is NO obligation to take another car, I'm test driving Mercedes right now, because if they won't get me the same car I had (only 175 units manufactured in 2015), I will walk away. I did let them know already.
I called BMW financials, and they told me that if I would like to get my money back, the sales guy needs to let them know and they will refund it. ... Looks like your sales guy wants your business really bad, however it is all up to you to decide.

Hopefully everything will work out well for you.

P.S. I'm still in the middle of negotiations too.

Last edited by Usser555; 10-03-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #59
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

We spoke to the sales manager today. He says he will try to work out what we want with BMW Canada. He said BMW Canada is forcing these terms on them and that they are making the dealership eat the extra costs. Probably some truth to that but I bet you they aren't losing on that much.

One of the issues BMW has is we had 0.9% finance rate and they don't want to honor it and switch us to 1.9% and pay the difference.

We will see what happens. I threatened to walk with all my money. The sales agent said that would be ideal for him. Lol

May buy a Benz instead but I really like my replacement BMW sigh.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #60
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k
We spoke to the sales manager today. He says he will try to work out what we want with BMW Canada. He said BMW Canada is forcing these terms on them and that they are making the dealership eat the extra costs. Probably some truth to that but I bet you they aren't losing on that much.

One of the issues BMW has is we had 0.9% finance rate and they don't want to honor it and switch us to 1.9% and pay the difference.

We will see what happens. I threatened to walk with all my money. The sales agent said that would be ideal for him. Lol

May buy a Benz instead but I really like my replacement BMW sigh.
Ideal for him????
Maybe in your case. I would love to see if some one would walk away. Doesn't mean you have to do it. It is very simple, if vehicle was taken away, money has to be refunded, end of story.
In my case the possible replacement is coming next week. I will look at it, and if I won't like it I will ask to finish the transaction (refund all the money for taken away vehicle), and I will shop around for my next vehicle. There is no obligations to by another Bmw (even if I want to)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #61
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
It's been more than 2 weeks since I've had to return my car; they're saying mine is a special case given they don't offer my car in MY16 (and are not willing to re-order the one-off configuration for me). My requirement of the car I purchase has always been F36 + 6MT + RWD + M-Sport brakes since the first night I stepped into the dealership and they know that. The only MY16 model that offers 6MT + RWD in a sedan is 340i so they're currently working with BMW Canada to figure out what is possible.

I've explicitly defined my expectations to my dealer about what I'm expecting to pay since it's not my choice to go for a 340i and they've relayed to BMW Canada. I'm told they're still waiting for a response from BMW Canada; I haven't been given any offer as of yet. If I don't think it's reasonable or if they don't respond in the next week; I'm definitely walking away and taking my business elsewhere. It shouldn't take THIS long to figure out

On a side note, they took another payment from my account as I financed my old car, which I find ridiculous. Shouldn't I have gotten all my monthly payments back by now? The sales guy keeps saying I should get it back but he avoids my question as to when. Doesn't the sales guy have to let BMW Financial Services know to refund the monthly payments? Or am I mistaken...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #62
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post

On a side note, they took another payment from my account as I financed my old car, which I find ridiculous. Shouldn't I have gotten all my monthly payments back by now? The sales guy keeps saying I should get it back but he avoids my question as to when. Doesn't the sales guy have to let BMW Financial Services know to refund the monthly payments? Or am I mistaken...
- When I called BMW financials, the told me that sales guy has to let them know and they will refund it.
- I've heard it takes 1-2 weeks to get refund
- Maybe makes sense to call BMW financials and confirm if request from sales guy was placed? Someone should defenitely know about the status.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #63
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
It's been more than 2 weeks since I've had to return my car; they're saying mine is a special case given they don't offer my car in MY16 (and are not willing to re-order the one-off configuration for me). My requirement of the car I purchase has always been F36 + 6MT + RWD + M-Sport brakes since the first night I stepped into the dealership and they know that. The only MY16 model that offers 6MT + RWD in a sedan is 340i so they're currently working with BMW Canada to figure out what is possible.

I've explicitly defined my expectations to my dealer about what I'm expecting to pay since it's not my choice to go for a 340i and they've relayed to BMW Canada. I'm told they're still waiting for a response from BMW Canada; I haven't been given any offer as of yet. If I don't think it's reasonable or if they don't respond in the next week; I'm definitely walking away and taking my business elsewhere. It shouldn't take THIS long to figure out

Hey man,

Thought you got your car in June/July? I remember talking to you about RWD versus Xdrive. Good luck. Hopefully it all works out.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #64
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

I know this is not supposed to be a venting forum but this whole ordeal is so frustrating....
BMW Canada refuses to match my original financing rate and wants me to pay more money.

I think I have to walk away with my money and shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #65
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I know this is not supposed to be a venting forum but this whole ordeal is so frustrating....
BMW Canada refuses to match my original financing rate and wants me to pay more money.

I think I have to walk away with my money and shop elsewhere.
So are you being compensated at all?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #66
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

No. Net result will be an extra $1000 out of my pocket if I accept the latest deal.

Resubmitted to BMW a request for extra compensation for waiting so long and inconvenience.

Not sure if it'll go through. Will give until noon tomorrow then will request full refund.
Appreciate 0