F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 328i w adaptive on order
proTUNING Freaks

02-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #155
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshot View Post
Nice, you're on the final stretch at last. I'm sure you'd stated this before but when did actually place the order?

Other thing i'm interested in is, how many days between ship arriving in Sydney and clearing customs, then how many days for it to arrive at your dealership? Mine is due in late March/ early April.
11th november thanks to the record left by me posting this thread :-p. i deliberately postponed to a january build to avoid the xmas december period and hope all early production bugs were sorted.... Case in point the steering was supposedly rectified in nov build onwards.

3 days to have it released from port. Then somehow 6 days through customs then to dealer.

Dealer has it today but wont start till next monday. If they were not busy then i could have had it sooner i guess.

They claim part of the time is for coding, then my ASS coding request as well.

Comes down to how badly do they want the cashflow from my sale :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #156
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Thanks guys, sounds pretty quick then, all less than 10 days.

You ordered 11/11 and it's already arrived, what?! That's great but mine was also ordered around that time, 12/11 actually. DOn't tell me I missed out by one month. My car has production date of 31/01 and it's not due till end of March if that.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #157
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:

You ordered 11/11 and it's already arrived, what?! That's great but mine was also ordered around that time, 12/11 actually. DOn't tell me I missed out by one month. My car has production date of 31/01 and it's not due till end of March if that.
Build is like 5 days , shipping close to a month then like 5 working days to get to ur dealer depending on how far dealer is from port. Mid to end of march sounds right
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #158
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
So I've learned today that my dealer has just received the car. That's 8 days between arrival at port kembla and deliver to the dealer.

The dealer can't get around to starting on preparations for the car till next Monday and they say it takes 4-5 days which means I'll only pick up around next Friday!!

At this stage there is no point to kick up a stink... I would like to have time to advertise my old car & minimise any potential time without a car.

Still, it's my first experience on a make to order vehicle and never thought it would take this long! That's nearly 3 weeks!!

Then again, my other 2 cars (non custom order already in stock) have for some reason taken 2 weeks. Still....

Anyway, looking forward to owning my first BMW.
That is a long time! Mine was 5 days from boat to me, so not too bad. My dealer did call and let me come and see it on the day it arrived which was nice -- also unlikely they're trying to do any remedial work if you get to see it straight away.

Anyway, the wait will be worth it, loving mine!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #159
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Good tip if you want to get your car asap... As soon as the w&w site indicates the car is released, phone the dealer and get them to book into the workshop so that when it arrives your car isnt battling other work.

Since you are in melbourne, you may have a dealer as busy as mine.

Just out of interest, which engine did you order? A hunch might be that if it is a different engine, it may account for the different production date.

I read somewhere in the main forum about a N55 engine order pushing out the prod date. Unlike you, that guy flipped his lid !
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #160
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
That is a long time! Mine was 5 days from boat to me, so not too bad. My dealer did call and let me come and see it on the day it arrived which was nice -- also unlikely they're trying to do any remedial work if you get to see it straight away.

Anyway, the wait will be worth it, loving mine!
Jono... Reminder.... Pics of your car's interior!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #161
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

CKau, I ordered the 328i which sports the N20 engine same as you. I'm chasing down my dealer to find out if my car has being registered. Sounds like it's a breeze once your car gets booked onto a ship. I've being checking the WW site twice daily for the past week but nothing so far

What colour does Jono have in his interior, i'm keen to see it too! I ordered Individual Colours for upholstery and trim but never seen internet pics or in real life.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #162
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
CKau, I ordered the 328i which sports the N20 engine same as you. I'm chasing down my dealer to find out if my car has being registered. Sounds like it's a breeze once your car gets booked onto a ship. I've being checking the WW site twice daily for the past week but nothing so far

What colour does Jono have in his interior, i'm keen to see it too! I ordered Individual Colours for upholstery and trim but never seen internet pics or in real life.
Look up your ship on www.marinetraffic.com/ais

If it is in a tracking zone u will see its position live. I also found out freemantle and melbourne have harbour cams to really ramp up obsessive stalking :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #163
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

As to why u didnt get an earlier allocation, i am at a loss to explain that one. I ordered a no line which is not as customised? Maybe that was a factor?

CK
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #164
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

My car hasn't being booked onto any ship yet, that's what I'm fretting about. According to my estimates, it should have being allocated a ship by now. Once I have ship name, then i'll gladly stalk it in peace.

Btw, if you want to dial up the stalk factor, just drive to a spot where you can see the big cargo ships come in. They're usually size of a entire row of CBD office buildings so you can't miss em.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #165
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Two years ago Sydney siders could do that, but the wharf at pyrmont no longer handles cargo. This is all done at Port Kembla in Wollongong.

I don't even think public access is allowed considering it was the site of the now defunct BHP steel works.

So no can do these days!

That's taking a long time to get a ride from Durban!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #166
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
My car hasn't being booked onto any ship yet, that's what I'm fretting about. According to my estimates, it should have being allocated a ship by now.
It has been posted that some cars' shipping details on W & W website have been delayed by days or even weeks. Sometimes slow to update. Your car will be shipped. Be positive. for some motivation, keep looking at your car's details on bmwvin website
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #167
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ya like David mentioned some of us experienced like 2-3 days lag for the system to update the shipped manifest even.. Dont panic =)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #168
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Ahh too late! I've already pulled half of my hair out and freaked out people around me. Nah, the only person effected by this wait other than me is my partner who has to endure daily tirade of obsessive car talk.

I looked at the BMWVIN site very carefully and really can't see anything that points to shipping info? Only a production finish date which is well and truly old news. Yes you guys are right, it's mostly website lag I figure.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #169
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh too late! I've already pulled half of my hair out and freaked out people around me. Nah, the only person effected by this wait other than me is my partner who has to endure daily tirade of obsessive car talk.

I looked at the BMWVIN site very carefully and really can't see anything that points to shipping info? Only a production finish date which is well and truly old news. Yes you guys are right, it's mostly website lag I figure.
BMWVIN won't give you shipping info, it'll tell you about the build. The WW website is the way to go for that.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702664
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #170
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Trust me when I tell you that's only the beginning! Once you take delivery of the car and you will, all delays will be forgiven - J1n and I know this full well as we both had to endure 7, yep SEVEN months' wait - and a whole new conversation (albeit one sided) will commence all about your wonderful new toy and not stop!!!!!
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #171
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I looked at the BMWVIN site very carefully and really can't see anything that points to shipping info?
My suggestion to go there was to keep your mind occupied with the build and picture it in your mind.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #172
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My suggestion is to troll forums and then continuously ask your wife/gf/partner if the car looks good.. it will keep you quite entertained.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #173
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
My suggestion is to troll forums and then continuously ask your wife/gf/partner if the car looks good.. it will keep you quite entertained.
+1

Telling yourself you're not going to buy any of the BMW Performance parts while you're poring over the catalogue is a good one to also.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #174
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
+1

Telling yourself you're not going to buy any of the BMW Performance parts while you're poring over the catalogue is a good one to also.
Ya forgot that too lol
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #175
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Done ALL of the above fellas, thanks for the support.

I've now moved on mindlessly trawling youtube videos of car reviews to try catch glimpse of the F30.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #176
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Jono... Reminder.... Pics of your car's interior!!!!
Ooops, sorry - I haven't taken any yet. The interior is much like any other M Sport (hexagon/estoril) with M Sport wheel, sports seats, etc.

I'll get my act together and take some pics soon!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0