F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Musicar's custom F30 subwoofer enclosure
GetBMWParts

04-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
jgentry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive Sedan

Musicar's custom F30 subwoofer enclosure

...is a thing of beauty. Ever since I completed my subwoofer/amp addition to my HK system (see THIS POST for details), I've never been happy with the way the enclosure looked in the trunk. Here's what it used to look like:

Hideous, right? After searching far and wide for a better solution and even some failed custom enclosure experiments myself, I ended up going with Musicar's F30 subwoofer enclosure. It really is a thing of beauty. The enclosure fits like a glove and is easily removable if you need to get access to the battery. Here's what it looks like installed in the back of my F30:

Now keep in mind that I only purchased the enclosure. I didn't buy their entire subwoofer package since I already have a subwoofer and amp that I was satisfied with so I can't comment about the sound quality of their complete offering. I can tell you that it sounds just as good as it did when I had the original subwoofer/enclosure.

Because material pricing goes up and down, I won't make any comments about how much I paid. If you want a quote, I'd suggest private messaging them directly (VP Electricity).
      04-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentry
...is a thing of beauty. Ever since I completed my subwoofer/amp addition to my HK system (see THIS POST for details), I've never been happy with the way the enclosure looked in the trunk. Here's what it used to look like:

Hideous, right? After searching far and wide for a better solution and even some failed custom enclosure experiments myself, I ended up going with Musicar's F30 subwoofer enclosure. It really is a thing of beauty. The enclosure fits like a glove and is easily removable if you need to get access to the battery. Here's what it looks like installed in the back of my F30:

Now keep in mind that I only purchased the enclosure. I didn't buy their entire subwoofer package since I already have a subwoofer and amp that I was satisfied with so I can't comment about the sound quality of their complete offering. I can tell you that it sounds just as good as it did when I had the original subwoofer/enclosure.

Because material pricing goes up and down, I won't make any comments about how much I paid. If you want a quote, I'd suggest private messaging them directly (VP Electricity).
I have the corner sub as well from Musicar and love it! I need to write a review on my entire set up but I haven't had time. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
jgentry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive Sedan

OC40, I'd love to hear your review. What amp and sub do you have?
      04-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
lenny1jz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: supra

Material cost dont really go up and down for fiberglass, resin and wood. cost would be ~30 bucks if DIY'd
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentry
OC40, I'd love to hear your review. What amp and sub do you have?
JL Audio XD 700/5 and audiomobile GTS 10". It's a fantastic combo with the Musicar Level II system. I'll try to write a review this weekend and copy you on it.
Appreciate 0