F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Performance Power Kit Fitted 330d F31
GetBMWParts

08-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #155
ASTRO BOY
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport - White

Afternoon all ^^

Just been going through the thread and then venturing to the BMW site to confirm on the BMW M Performance Power Kit for 330d (without M Sport Brakes) at £1,249. Which their standard price that does not include fitting. Has anyone fitted this specific package (PPK + M Sport Brakes)?

I ask this because I rang up my local BMW dealer (Gloucester) yesterday and was told this package (PPK + M Sport Brakes = £1249) does not come with the complete brakes system. The parts advisor said it only replaces the front brakes system and does not include the rear brake system?

Can anyone shed light on this?

Also I called up the Chletenham BMW dealer to confirm this and they said I did not have add the M Sport brake system??? Whats funny is Chelt BMW quoted £1310.54 for just the PPK + Labour. Whereas Glos BMW quoted all in £1450 for the PPK + M Sport Brakes (Fronts Only) + Labour.

Im totally confused??? Can anyone enlighten me as to which dealer is telling the truth?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #156
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Yes there are two PPK kits, one for cars with the 4 pot brakes the other for cars that don't have that option fitted.

The second kit comes with 4 pot brembo front callipers and rotors in addition to the standard PPK kit, to being the brake performance up.

Does your car have the blue brakes? If not you need the kit that includes the front brake upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #157
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Quick question to anyone who has done this. what is the effect on a pcp? I.e. Do you have to ask bmw finance if you can add the mppk? Does it effect the gfv?
Yes, theoretically you should ask BMW fs before making any modifications to the car. They can terminate their agreement if they find out, its in the small print.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #158
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
No effect on pcp as far as I'm aware.
As per above.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #159
ASTRO BOY
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Yes there are two PPK kits, one for cars with the 4 pot brakes the other for cars that don't have that option fitted.

The second kit comes with 4 pot brembo front callipers and rotors in addition to the standard PPK kit, to being the brake performance up.

Does your car have the blue brakes? If not you need the kit that includes the front brake upgrade.
My car did not come with the blue caliper M Sport brakes system and I remember telling the parts advisor that the car came with standard breaks. He advised the second kit comes with the blue 4 pot calipers (only) and no upgraded rear system (ie 2 pot Caliper). So doesn't this create an uneven breaking load? since my current break system are BMW standard single pot? Also wouldn't look odd with blue calipers at the front and not at the back? Why doesnt the package come with the rear blue caliper system?

very weird and confusing?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 10:49 AM   #160
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRO BOY
Quote:

My car did not come with the blue caliper M Sport brakes system and I remember telling the parts advisor that the car came with standard breaks. He advised the second kit comes with the blue 4 pot calipers (only) and no upgraded rear system (ie 2 pot Caliper). So doesn't this create an uneven breaking load? since my current break system are BMW standard single pot? Also wouldn't look odd with blue calipers at the front and not at the back? Why doesnt the package come with the rear blue caliper system?

very weird and confusing?
No he has it wrong, it comes with the same front caliper as the blue ones, but in unpainted form. I.e Grey.

There won't be brake balance issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #161
ASTRO BOY
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No he has it wrong, it comes with the same front caliper as the blue ones, but in unpainted form. I.e Grey.

There won't be brake balance issues.
Thanks for clearing that up NISFAN. So, it is ok not to have 2 pot calipers to the rear?

I think in that case I'll upgrade the entire break system since I'm going to go on track days and planned road trip to brug ring next year ^^.

Do you know which dealers are doing a package?

Again, than you for you help
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #162
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Check this thread out, op bought a set of blue brakes. Probably the cheapest option.

Today I purchased......M Sport Brakes/Discs! http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1291406
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #163
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRO BOY View Post
Thanks for clearing that up NISFAN. So, it is ok not to have 2 pot calipers to the rear?

I think in that case I'll upgrade the entire break system since I'm going to go on track days and planned road trip to brug ring next year ^^.

Quote:
Check this thread out, op bought a set of blue brakes. Probably the cheapest option.

Today I purchased......M Sport Brakes/Discs! http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1291406
You can buy the retrofit kit but it only comes in yellow, orange and red. But it also doesn't come with rear discs which you will have to buy/finds separately. If you want the factory blue brakes your looking at £3000 new.

I managed to get all 4 discs, all 4 calipers I needed for about £800 but then I had to buy some new pads/pins and brackets etc so currently I am around the £1000 mark.

Plenty of caliper sets on ebay, most are removed from M135i's. Calipers will be fine to fit your car but you will need the right discs. If you need help PM me, as I have done alot of research and found out a lot of info from this situation. Also don't forget the blue front calipers come in either 340 or 370/380 sizes which will both need different discs depending on what you go for.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #164
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G32 630iGT M Sport+

Quick query!

I've found this spec sheet for 330d MPPK:

http://www.matlawrence.com/images/bmw/powerkit.pdf

It gives a part number for "with 18" M Sport brakes" and one without.

Can I just check I'm reading this right? Where the part is described as "with 18" M Sport brakes", this is the part they should order if the car already has (comes *with*) these brakes? Or does this mean the part is supplied with those brakes? (For instance if the car doesn't have the M Sport + pack, and therefore more expensive.)

For reference MPPK *with* brakes is 11 12 2 338 015;
MPPK without is 11 12 2 347 695

Just want to make sure I'm not being charged the price for the kit with brakes on top, bearing in mind I've got the M Sport + kit with the 18" brakes included.

The £ numbers I'm working on are based on part no. ...338 015, i.e. "with 18" M Sport brakes".

Cheers in advance

G

(Forgive not rereading the whole thread again if this information is repeated elsewhere, but only got a couple of minutes between meetings, and I want to pull the trigger - if it's feasible - this afternoon!)
      09-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #165
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazuaLLUK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRO BOY View Post

Quote:

You can buy the retrofit kit but it only comes in yellow, orange and red. But it also doesn't come with rear discs which you will have to buy/finds separately. If you want the factory blue brakes your looking at 3000 new.

I managed to get all 4 discs, all 4 calipers I needed for about 800 but then I had to buy some new pads/pins and brackets etc so currently I am around the 1000 mark.

Plenty of caliper sets on ebay, most are removed from M135i's. Calipers will be fine to fit your car but you will need the right discs. If you need help PM me, as I have done alot of research and found out a lot of info from this situation. Also don't forget the blue front calipers come in either 340 or 370/380 sizes which will both need different discs depending on what you go for.
In May 2015 my dealer quoted me for 18" M Performance Brake System retrofit, in yellow, part number 34.11.2.221.446 : £2,100 inc VAT fitted.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #166
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryUFM
Quick query!

I've found this spec sheet for 330d MPPK:

http://www.matlawrence.com/images/bmw/powerkit.pdf

It gives a part number for "with 18" M Sport brakes" and one without.

Can I just check I'm reading this right? Where the part is described as "with 18" M Sport brakes", this is the part they should order if the car already has (comes *with*) these brakes? Or does this mean the part is supplied with those brakes? (For instance if the car doesn't have the M Sport + pack, and therefore more expensive.)

For reference MPPK *with* brakes is 11 12 2 338 015;
MPPK without is 11 12 2 347 695

Just want to make sure I'm not being charged the price for the kit with brakes on top, bearing in mind I've got the M Sport + kit with the 18" brakes included.

The £ numbers I'm working on are based on part no. ...338 015, i.e. "with 18" M Sport brakes".

Cheers in advance

G

(Forgive not rereading the whole thread again if this information is repeated elsewhere, but only got a couple of minutes between meetings, and I want to pull the trigger - if it's feasible - this afternoon!)
It comes down to your current brake spec.

Stock brakes, i.e. single piston floating calipers, require an upgrade to twin piston fixed calipers on the front and larger/thicker discs.

M Sport or M Performance brakes do not require an upgrade and the MPPK can be fitted as ECU + intercooler only.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #167
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
It comes down to your current brake spec.

Stock brakes, i.e. single piston floating calipers, require an upgrade to twin piston fixed calipers on the front and larger/thicker discs.

M Sport or M Performance brakes do not require an upgrade and the MPPK can be fitted as ECU + intercooler only.
No, I get that, cheers. What I'm asking is if I'm being quoted for the MPPK (ECU & intercooler) only - which having specced M Sport + is all I need - or if the part I've been quoted includes, unnecessarily & expensively, the brakes as well.

Any clues from the part number I quoted?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #168
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Not sure why there's any confusion. There are two part numbers, one of which is MPPK without brakes. Check the dealer's quote - it should be <£1K inc VAT & fitting.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:12 AM   #169
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
I think they actually adjust (*) the readouts when installing the MPPK. Or at least they should. There were a few threads where this coding hadn't been carried out. A return visit to the dealer fixed it.

I think you are correct, that they are basically simple graphics being read off a lookup table rather than accurate real-time measurements. They'll be approximately right, but totally generic.

* The numbers shown in the display are simply replaced on the displays.

D.
Just noticed on my displays (accurate/gimmick or not) it's alreaady been coded to display up to 320bhp and plenty torques, suggesting when my MPPK gets fitted it won't need adapting. Is this a pre-LCI issue only?

EDIT: Just looked again, "plenty torques" is actually only 560Nm. So that would still need upping to cater for the 600Nm the MPPK gives. Ijjit.

Last edited by GaryUFM; 09-24-2016 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #170
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

If anyone is interested I have the 435d intercooler for sale which they use on this kit.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #171
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

can someone clarify something for me. for a 430d with m sport brakes. if an mpk was purchased the dealer are saying i must get the m performance brake @1700.

i thought there was two options with the mpkk. ome included a grey brembo upfront?

does anyone have the part number with the grey brembo so i can tell tell the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #172
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Don't know about a "grey brakes system" but if you have the M sport blue brakes you don't need a upgrade brake system and can just buy the intercooler and ECU.
Should be able to get the kit with out fitting for under 1k.. I did.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #173
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
can someone clarify something for me. for a 430d with m sport brakes. if an mpk was purchased the dealer are saying i must get the m performance brake @1700.

i thought there was two options with the mpkk. ome included a grey brembo upfront?

does anyone have the part number with the grey brembo so i can tell tell the dealer?
The grey Brembo fronts are only found on the 335d, 335i and 340i as standard. These are 4 piston calibers the same as the Blue MSport optional upgrade.

Grey brakes on a 30d are the same on the SE and MSport. So, if you have grey brakes on a 30d you need a brake upgrade unfortunately.
      06-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #174
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
The grey Brembo fronts are only found on the 335d, 335i and 340i as standard. These are 4 piston calibers the same as the Blue MSport optional upgrade.

Grey brakes on a 30d are the same on the SE and MSport. So, if you have grey brakes on a 30d you need a brake upgrade unfortunately.

what are options do i have from bmw then given that blue m sport brakes is not a optional extra??
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #175
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

i am referring to this post..cotsworld say it dont come with brakes with either option??
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #176
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post

what are options do i have from bmw then given that blue m sport brakes is not a optional extra??
Is you car built yet? New order vs existing car?

Blue brakes are a factory option. The M Performance brakes are the same callipers, just different colours.

Factory rotors are plain, M Performance rotors are dimpled from memory.

The dealer fit upgrade is the M Performance calliper/rotor. Red, gold and orange from memory.

Both 330d upgrade rotors are F370mm and R340mm from memory.