F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Review. Another 335d Xdrive fitted with AC Schnitzer springs
GetBMWParts

08-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #111
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Thanks Aldur.

I have just moved to LV as they don't require info about factory fitted options. I don't know how they feel about modifications, but I will find out.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #112
DieselRocket
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldur View Post
Insurance Update.

After a lot of hassle and some surprising responses to my F30 335d with ACS mods I finally managed to get insurance. Most companies wouldn't even touch me despite my age and history, NCD etc. Those that did were over £1200! You can guess my response to that!
I had a couple over the £800 mark but they wanted high category Tracker fitted which started from £800 with a yearly subscription fee on top! So that wasn't going to happen either. I was seriously regretting getting the ACS upgrades and declaring them, particularly the engine mod. I just couldn't get a sensible insurance quote.

Please check out your insurance and decide how you are going to go about your insurance. Particularly if you get the engine upgrades if you get my drift. That was the real killer.

I tried Performance Direct but to be honest they weren't much good either......right until I spoke to David Goodman. Then all that changed.

When eventually I got hold of David he provided great service and efficiency along with by far the best quote which I accepted. No one else came near it. No Tracker required either!

David Goodman at Performance Direct should be your first port of call.

T: 01708 436838
m. 07500 702749

Hi Aldur, I feel for you on this. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I had Hartge springs and dampers and AP Racing brakes fitted to my 530d. Given the two mods add up to increased safety, I was shocked when all the major insurance companies viewed me as a 45 year old boy racer!

Thanks for the recco on Performance Direct.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 02:01 AM   #113
wicked_ink
part-time optimist
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 335i

Garage List
OP: do you have any recent pics? Would like to see how much they've settled. Thanks!
Appreciate 0