F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DEPO F30/31 Projector Headlights **UK Photos and Chat thread**
GetBMWParts

05-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #1387
Danburns91
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Space Grey Metallic F10

How do I get involved in this group buy? I don't have Facebook unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #1388
Tech_Guru
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danburns91 View Post
How do I get involved in this group buy? I don't have Facebook unfortunately
I Have Facebook but i don't know how can i join group buy, can someone please point us to right direction

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #1389
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarmughal View Post
I Have Facebook but i don't know how can i join group buy, can someone please point us to right direction

Thanks
It's over now.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #1390
Tech_Guru
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke116 View Post
Finally got them installed, These are the replacements after the first set where quite a bit out of alignment. These are before I got the headlights aligned properly though. LED's look fantastic and an incredible improvement over the stock Halogen bulbs. The Philips LED's match the Rings very well and look awesome.

Last pic with high beams on.
Hi Mate,

Can you please share the Philips LED bulbs link

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #1391
Tech_Guru
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone got instructions of how to install HID on DEPO headlights please

Main thing is how to hide all those wires and controller boxes
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #1392
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

All, can anyone recommend a place to these lights in the Home Counties or west London?

Or are they are an easy DIY.... I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty but Id want to make sure the alignment is right

Cheers

Last edited by jammy78; 05-27-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #1393
afterace
Registered
Rep
Drives: '14 320d xDrive Modern Line

I've finally managed to obtain and install the EU version of the headlamps and I am super happy with the result. The car finally looks like it was supposed to, it's hard to believe BMW did not put those headlamps as standard. I only hope the reliability will be ok and the leds won't go out in a month or so! All in all, highly recommended!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
UKF302520.00
      05-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #1394
Matt-Eurowagens
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterace View Post
I've finally managed to obtain and install the EU version of the headlamps and I am super happy with the result. The car finally looks like it was supposed to, it's hard to believe BMW did not put those headlamps as standard. I only hope the reliability will be ok and the leds won't go out in a month or so! All in all, highly recommended!
They look fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #1395
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice mate!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #1396
335dxdrive
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D Xdrive

Quote:
The LED's should last a good few years i would have thought. Even when they blow if you know about electronics you should be able to fix
I'd be more worred about the life of the pwm controller which dims for sidelights and when dippped beam on
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #1397
UKF30
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 LCI Black Saphire

Quote:
Very nice mate good job
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #1398
Wayne-G
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MG F30 330d Msport xDrive

Should be ordering a set of depo's very soon and HID's for the Dipped beam then just use my current H7 Philips diamond vision for the high beam.

Quick question to all you guy's who already have them installed, where have you mounted the ballasts?
Can they be screwed onto the headlight housing or is it better to put them elsewhere? Pictures of where you've placed/fitted them would be great, cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #1399
Matt-Eurowagens
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all enjoying your upgraded F30s

We have a customer that seems to be experiencing an uneven beam pattern - has anyone come across this before? If so, any suggestions as to how we can help them please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #1400
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
BrennanF30
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #1401
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport F30 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Eurowagens View Post
Hi everyone!

I hope you're all enjoying your upgraded F30s

We have a customer that seems to be experiencing an uneven beam pattern - has anyone come across this before? If so, any suggestions as to how we can help them please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Uneven? have they been aligned properly, also check HID bulbs (if using them) are both the right way up, when I fitted mine I had one of them in upside down and that produced a poor beam pattern.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #1402
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
It's most likely that the bulb is not seated correctly, best solution would be to remove and refit the bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6times7 View Post
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 05:40 AM   #1403
Tech_Guru
United Kingdom
Rep

Guys Need help please ,

I got mine fitted yesterday, what kind in light beam pattern I should be seeing in the road?

Mine is not straight line on the road, its up straight line then in the middle drop and then back up on the right

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #1404
AJ2206
320i F30 Sportline
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 Sportline

Advice!

Hi Folks,
Was wondering if anyone can help comment on performance of Halogen bulbs supplied by USR (with Depo headlamps) or post pictures of beam cutoff - wanted to know if Morimoto HIDs (very tempted to order them!) are absolute must as some Depo users have criticised the USR supplied halogens of being inadequate when it comes to light output...

Not sure if there's a DIY video/post for Morimoto H7 Minis specific to F30, especially on the wiring/connections part...Can the HIDs be installed in Depo headlights without bake opening up the housing (since it requires drilling a hole for wires to pass through)...

lastly, would appreciate any recommendations on bulbs for hi-beam and Fog lamps (tried and tested?!)

Cheers...

P.S: When called up USR for advice on light to go with Depo headlights, they recommended HIDs as against LEDs ....saying even the Morimoto LEDs are immature at the moment and don't match the HIDs (H7 minis) in performance ...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #1405
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2206 View Post
Hi Folks,
Was wondering if anyone can help comment on performance of Halogen bulbs supplied by USR (with Depo headlamps) or post pictures of beam cutoff - wanted to know if Morimoto HIDs (very tempted to order them!) are absolute must as some Depo users have criticised the USR supplied halogens of being inadequate when it comes to light output...

Not sure if there's a DIY video/post for Morimoto H7 Minis specific to F30, especially on the wiring/connections part...Can the HIDs be installed in Depo headlights without bake opening up the housing (since it requires drilling a hole for wires to pass through)...

lastly, would appreciate any recommendations on bulbs for hi-beam and Fog lamps (tried and tested?!)

Cheers...

P.S: When called up USR for advice on light to go with Depo headlights, they recommended HIDs as against LEDs ....saying even the Morimoto LEDs are immature at the moment and don't match the HIDs (H7 minis) in performance ...
This is the UK chat thread buddy, although I assume all Depos are the same aside from beam pattern.

You only need to drill a hole in the back cover for the hid wire to go through, you don't need to drill into the headlight itself

Quote:
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 1
AJ220640.50
      07-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #1406
AJ2206
320i F30 Sportline
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanF30 View Post
Quote:
Hi Folks,

Cheers...

This is the UK chat thread buddy, although I assume all Depos are the same aside from beam pattern.

You only need to drill a hole in the back cover for the hid wire to go through, you don't need to drill into the headlight itself
Thanks for replying mate, exactly the reason I asked here too (the other thread ain't very responsive due to the 1000+ comments!)...

The questions around HIDs/LEDs will apply to the RHD Depos as well, so thought I'd try my luck!
Appreciate 1
BrennanF301467.00
      07-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #1407
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for replying mate, exactly the reason I asked here too (the other thread ain't very responsive due to the 1000+ comments!)...

The questions around HIDs/LEDs will apply to the RHD Depos as well, so thought I'd try my luck!
Fair enough bud, if you need anymore help just ask

EDIT: Ahh you're an Aussie! You guys have RHD as well as far as I'm aware?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #1408
AJ2206
320i F30 Sportline
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanF30 View Post
Quote:

Fair enough bud, if you need anymore help just ask

EDIT: Ahh you're an Aussie! You guys have RHD as well as far as I'm aware?
That's right mate, although when I ordered from USR, didn't mention LHD or RHD which got me a bit concerned so sent them a note to double check!! I'm assuming no vendor would be dumb enough to send LHD lights to AUS but always good to double check ..lol

I took the pain to read through this entire forum and found some kickass info on light choices, problems, issues to look out for etc. very insightful (especially the wicked Humour had me ROFL "by Halos I meant those candles we used to drive with!" And "cmon man you gotta buy these, sell your kidney or make few trips to the sperm bank!" .. credit where due!

On a more serious note, below seems the way forward:
- HID H7 35W 5000K (trying to chose between HIDS4U and Morimoto H7 minis) as there ain't enough info on coding the LEDs yet for doing it myself (dealerships here are dimwits and BMW are unsupportive of retrofits for the most part!)
- Use Depo halogen (in low beam) for the hi beam (inner housing)
- Get Cree LED fog lamps with CAN bus for no errors ...
- the pair Ive ordered from USR don't have auto levelling motors so that won't worry me ...

Thanks once again!
Appreciate 1
BrennanF301467.00