F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mobile Application Preparation (6NR)... retrofit
proTUNING Freaks

01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I've only got a 4S mate, that's how I'm able to use a cradle. No lightning connector for me!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #24
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I've only got a 4S mate, that's how I'm able to use a cradle. No lightning connector for me!
Sorry, I meant the apple USB white cable in your 4s
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #25
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Don't do it Rob, the BMW apps is a waste of money. Mine doesn't sync 5 times out of 6, and even when it does, can drop out when making telephone calls. Avoid!!!!
That's ok, the price scared me off! When I enquired at Bimmertech I was quoted €534 for the retrofit

Incidentally, regards getting email on the iDrive/iPhone combo, I've just spotted the UPD1006.bin update. Not sure when that became available (would guess within the last 2-3 months?) but one of the things quoted as part of the update is -

"Office: Improved support for email messages. Improved display of text-message sender on iPhone devices with iOS6."

Last update I did was UPD1005.bin so will give this new one a go to see if I can get this elusive email facility (not that I really need it)

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I think that update is only for the older Nav. If I got to the update site and put in my VIN it says no update available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Good to hear it does work then. Could you do me a favour and try connecting your iPhone 5 via white apple lightning? Obviously without the 4s in the cradle.
I tried this today mate, made several journeys connecting it with the apple cable. All was working fine until tonight driving home, after about 30 minutes it disconnected, it looks like the ConnectedDrive program crashed on the phone, as the iPhone returned to the home screen. Normally when you disconnect the cable the program keeps running on the phone so I don't think it was the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #27
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I think that update is only for the older Nav. If I got to the update site and put in my VIN it says no update available.

I tried this today mate, made several journeys connecting it with the apple cable. All was working fine until tonight driving home, after about 30 minutes it disconnected, it looks like the ConnectedDrive program crashed on the phone, as the iPhone returned to the home screen. Normally when you disconnect the cable the program keeps running on the phone so I don't think it was the car.
Cheers Richard

There is something really bug-gy going on with my phone/Nav. Maybe an iPhone 5 thing?

I don't get messages either.
Appreciate 0