F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Business Nav to have EBT included from Spring! But from what build date??
GetBMWParts

01-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

The news just posted on the Bimmerpost homepage here http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937898" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.f30post.c...p?t=937898</a>" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...937898</a></a> has indicated that EBT will be standard on the Business Nav! Also faster processor, higher res 3D maps, 3G and RTTI!

Also says all cars except X6 will have tyre pressure monitors.

Quote:

High-speed graphics, additional functions: The new generation of the navigation system Business and the radio Professional.

With enhanced functions and optimised performance, the latest generation of the radio Professional and the navigation system Business is raising comfort and driving pleasure to an even higher level. Both newly revised options will be introduced in the spring of 2014. During the course of 2014, they will also be introduced to the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series and the BMW 5 Series and will then be available for all models except for the BMW X6. Both systems have a new control unit with boosted computing performance. Thus, for example, Bluetooth audio streaming will be available in the vehicle with the integration of mobile devices as well as additional BMW ConnectedDrive services.

The most significant innovation to the navigation system Business are the graphic images which now generate 10 times faster than before on the 16.5-inch control display. High-resolution maps, which now have 3D elements and animations, and an increased speed when calculating routes characterise the advancement made possible by the optimisation of the control unit technology.

In conjunction with the ConnectedDrive Services option, the navigation system Business can be used in future for the Concierge Services, Real Time Traffic Information and Remote Services. In order to establish the necessary online connections in an optimum manner, the new system uses the 3G standard for mobile telephone networks.

The question is from what build date will this come in!? Mine hasn't been built yet, but is estimated delivery for March 21st, so surely all 14 reg cars will have it! Pleeeeease!

EDIT:

So it now appears from what DrSteve has been told from the tech guy at his dealership that it is not in fact complete EBT that will be added, but just the Bluetooth Streaming (A2DP). Although quite possibly all the hardware for the other functions will be there (inbuilt combox in head unit) so quite likely it will be possible to code them in!

Another Edit:
It has now been confirmed by badders74 that business media now has full EBT and voice control. This applies definitely from week 10 builds (3rd March) and probably as early as 28th February.

Also i have now found that all September 2013 onwards have the Combox in the boot so full EBT is codable (but no full voice control without a $550 FSC code, although basic voice control is possible)

Last edited by teaston; 02-11-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G32 630iGT M Sport+

March 10th, I think. Was reading the official bulletins with the sales guy at my local dealership only a couple of hours ago.

Other changes here.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryUFM View Post
March 10th, I think. Was reading the official bulletins with the sales guy at my local dealership only a couple of hours ago.
Oh feck! If mine is delivered March 21 it will probably be built late Feb! If I miss out by a few days I will be fuming!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

If it's not started yet, can you request a delay?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
If it's not started yet, can you request a delay?
I 've just emailed my lease company to ask exactly that question!

I have also been told from a reliable source (TRL/Tony) that there is a global shortage of new 330d's being built so hopefully that delays things more if need be!

I also hope that if you ordered the bus nav at £990 it doesn't mean you definitely get the old version!?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

@teaston:

It's touch and go for you. How annoying and worrying.
One of our 330ds came with the old Nav and the other with the new Nav (mine). Only 10 days between them!
      01-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
@teaston:

It's touch and go for you. How annoying.
One of our 330ds came with the old Nav and the other with the new Nav (mine). Only 10 days between them!
Were they ordered at the same time? And are they the same reg?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Were they ordered at the same time? And are they the same reg?
Ordered 5 days apart and the same Reg. 62 Plates. Arrived 10 days apart.
      01-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Oh so NBT came in mid reg, i didn't know that!

So that could confirm what @GaryUFM says about starting March 10th, which would mean some 14 plates will not have it! Bugger!

It's going to be a bit squeaky bum time for me then!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I also hope that if you ordered the bus nav at £990 it doesn't mean you definitely get the old version!?
Well, after having determined I have to go for the Business Efficient Dynamics (ho-hum) I've been playing about with configurations and it appears that plain old Biz Nav is currently not available to choose. Biz ED should come with Biz Nav as standard. Now coming with Biz+ and if you try to deselect it forces you to go Pro. So prices are bit higher than configurations I was looking at before. Bit worried I've missed the boat and have to pair back my options even further!

Having said that, the bulletins did clearly say that there would be 3 tier Nav options as now, so maybe they've not finished updating the site and added the Biz back in? *crosses fingers*
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well, after having determined I have to go for the Business Efficient Dynamics (ho-hum) I've been playing about with configurations and it appears that plain old Biz Nav is currently not available to choose. Biz ED should come with Biz Nav as standard. Now coming with Biz+ and if you try to deselect it forces you to go Pro. So prices are bit higher than configurations I was looking at before. Bit worried I've missed the boat and have to pair back my options even further!

Having said that, the bulletins did clearly say that there would be 3 tier Nav options as now, so maybe they've not finished updating the site and added the Biz back in? *crosses fingers*
Other F30 models still have all 3 navs selectable. So maybe that's a good sign?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh so NBT came in mid reg, i didn't know that!

So that could confirm what @GaryUFM says about starting March 10th, which would mean some 14 plates will not have it! Bugger!

It's going to be a bit squeaky bum time for me then!
The newer version of Pro Nav (mine) has really superior graphics.
Anyway, car companies are always updating their cars. Win a few, lose a few.

I seem to remember that once the order has gone through, even before the car is locked, nothing can be moved/changed.

PITA.
      01-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The newer version of Pro Nav (mine) has really superior graphics.
Anyway, car companies are always updating their cars. Win a few, lose a few.

I seem to remember that once the order has gone through, even before the car is locked, nothing can be moved/changed.

PITA.
Nooooo don't say that!

Surely they don't make some with the new equipment, then some with the old equipment etc.?

Also maybe the reason that the fleet company who's supplying my car has delayed, is so that all their cars have the new nav? Maybe they knew about it a while back and thought it would improve the residuels?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nooooo don't say that!

Surely they don't make some with the new equipment, then some with the old equipment etc.?

Also maybe the reason that the fleet company who's supplying my car has delayed, is so that all their cars have the new nav? Maybe they knew about it a while back and thought it would improve the residuels?
They do.

You need to get the lease company to swap your car with someone else's just to make sure. They can tell the other person that their car will arrive a bit earlier which I am sure will make them very happy. But if that other person also has this information, he/she would be asking for the same delay!!!!!

Best of luck.
      01-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
They do. You need to get the lease company to swap your car with someone else's just to make sure. They can tell the other person that their car will arrive a bit earlier which I am sure will make them very happy. But if that other person also has this information, he/she would be asking for the same delay!!!!!

Best of luck.
But wouldn't they have to find someone with exact same spec as mine? Unlikely given the circumstances!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
But wouldn't they have to find someone with exact same spec as mine? Unlikely given the circumstances!
You've got a point there. Ah well. Try anyway.
      01-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #17
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Other F30 models still have all 3 navs selectable. So maybe that's a good sign?
You're right, but I don't share your optimism. I look at that and reckon they're now forcing the BizED to come with Biz+ and are charging accordingly. Oh dear. Now looking at 318ds...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

Quote:
The news just posted on the Bimmerpost homepage here http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937898 has indicated that EBT will be standard on the Business Nav! Also faster processor, higher res 3D maps, 3G and RTTI!

Also says all cars except X6 will have tyre pressure monitors.

Quote:

High-speed graphics, additional functions: The new generation of the navigation system Business and the radio Professional.

With enhanced functions and optimised performance, the latest generation of the radio Professional and the navigation system Business is raising comfort and driving pleasure to an even higher level. Both newly revised options will be introduced in the spring of 2014. During the course of 2014, they will also be introduced to the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series and the BMW 5 Series and will then be available for all models except for the BMW X6. Both systems have a new control unit with boosted computing performance. Thus, for example, Bluetooth audio streaming will be available in the vehicle with the integration of mobile devices as well as additional BMW ConnectedDrive services.

The most significant innovation to the navigation system Business are the graphic images which now generate 10 times faster than before on the 16.5-inch control display. High-resolution maps, which now have 3D elements and animations, and an increased speed when calculating routes characterise the advancement made possible by the optimisation of the control unit technology.

In conjunction with the ConnectedDrive Services option, the navigation system Business can be used in future for the Concierge Services, Real Time Traffic Information and Remote Services. In order to establish the necessary online connections in an optimum manner, the new system uses the 3G standard for mobile telephone networks.

The question is from what build date will this come in!? Mine hasn't been built yet, but is estimated delivery for March 21st, so surely all 14 reg cars will have it! Pleeeeease!

16.5 inch display.... So the screen is getting bigger also?.. Doesn't the pro nav that's out now have the 3d buildings... Advanced graphics etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #19
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You're right, but I don't share your optimism. I look at that and reckon theyr'e now forcing the BizED to come with Biz+ and are charging accordingly. Oh dear. Now looking at 318ds...
Thinking about it though, what is the point of bus nav plus now!? It added remote services and apps, which are now included in bus nav!

So i can't see any reason for bus nav plus existing anymore!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #20
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

So why should one order the Pro Nav when the Business Nav has now got a nice big screen?
      01-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #21
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwmjc View Post
16.5 inch display.... So the screen is getting bigger also?.. Doesn't the pro nav that's out now have the 3d buildings... Advanced graphics etc?
It's a typo, should be 6.5 same as current bus nav! 16.5 would be humongus!

Yes pro nav does have those features, but now so will bus nav! I'm betting it will be exact same system as prof (NBT) but just with smaller screen and no hard drive for music or touch controller or split screen or voice control.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #22
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

Quote:
So why should one order the Pro Nav when the Business Nav has now got a nice big screen?
How big is the pro nav screen as it is now?..
Appreciate 0