F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Here she is...
GetBMWParts

03-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Here she is...

Well guys, picked her up yesterday afternoon and have to say i'm delighted. Not the greatest pic for those who want to see how high the xDrive suspension is mounted on the M Sport but do you know what, I don't care, it looks and handles great and I couldn't be happier. Hope everyone else who collected theirs yesterday or are off to do so today are equally as happy...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

P.S. I've since got rid of my pet hate, the dealer fit tax disc holders and fitted my Richbrook twist black aluminium one with x drive on the back ;-)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Looks great.

My car arrived at the dealers yesterday and I pick it up next Friday 8th March at 2.00pm.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Looking good, the best colour too.....enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i xdrive

Lovely car! 320i or d?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #6
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys83 View Post
Lovely car! 320i or d?
320i Andy. When I called into the dealers in December no others (xDrive) had been announced then. I knew 320d a possibility with others tbc in January but weighed up pro's and con's and was happy to order the 320i (helped by accommodating dealer). Not disappointed either, naturally i've not pushed it yet but in Sport mode it's got a lovely smooth power delivery and is whisper quiet too. Can't praise Sytner Leicester more highly either so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Looking good, the best colour too.....enjoy!
Thanks. Fell in love with black one when first visited the showroom but then my test drive was in EBII and loved it. I also agree that EBII shows off all the contours best, the black tends to disguise some of the nice flowing lines.

Happiest of campers ;-)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #8
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
P.S. I've since got rid of my pet hate, the dealer fit tax disc holders and fitted my Richbrook twist black aluminium one with x drive on the back ;-)
Wow, that is sex on wheels!!! Mine should look exactly like that when I get it!

Man, you are making it a worse wait for me now. lol

Interesting was looking at the tax disc holders yesterday. How does it actually stick to the windscreen?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
320i Andy. When I called into the dealers in December no others (xDrive) had been announced then. I knew 320d a possibility with others tbc in January but weighed up pro's and con's and was happy to order the 320i (helped by accommodating dealer). Not disappointed either, naturally i've not pushed it yet but in Sport mode it's got a lovely smooth power delivery and is whisper quiet too. Can't praise Sytner Leicester more highly either so far.
Same as mine! In sport you're right it's excellent, I notice a change in the steering stiffness also when changing mode. Great car, enjoy! Same colour as mine also!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #10
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Wow, that is sex on wheels!!! Mine should look exactly like that when I get it!

Man, you are making it a worse wait for me now. lol

Interesting was looking at the tax disc holders yesterday. How does it actually stick to the windscreen?
I'm just glad to increase your excitement rather than dull it!

I always go for Richbrook twist back aluminium tax disc holders (from reputable sellers on eBay). Three clear sticky pads on the front attaches securely to the screen then the twist back means it's easily removed to replace the disc. Looks like allen key fittings too so quite smart. Should cost about £18 but an essential purchase in my view as I really do hate the usually white standard fit holders.

I also bought the M Sport leather pouch to protect my key (I have comfort access) and I bought the BMW adapter that turns the power socket into a USB charge point. BMW Direct on eBay have been excellent (although yes, you can buy cheaper or non-OEM products elsewhere).

The wait will be worth it!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #11
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys83 View Post
Same as mine! In sport you're right it's excellent, I notice a change in the steering stiffness also when changing mode. Great car, enjoy! Same colour as mine also!
Thanks mate. What sort of mpg are you averaging at? I had an extended test drive in a manual car and did my work route and got 32-34mpg. Bearing in mind the auto has slightly higher figures than the manual based my comparison versus the diesel when I did the financial calculations were using 34mpg average.

Early days (21 miles in!) but absolutely loving the 8AT auto box. Can hardly feel the gear change at all and the power delivery is silky smooth and effortless.

Colour is beautiful, I could have cried when I picked it up - sad huh?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #12
Andys83
Private First Class
Rep

Not at all!! Honestly, I do a lot of town driving in comfort or sport and its usually high 20s or low 30s. Just drove Montrose to Aberdeen, a lot of fun country roads! 29.3 mpg most of it in sport. Highest I got was 41mpg from Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #13
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Planning on using eco pro for much of my commute as that's when I rarely need any "poke" at all but other than that I can see it's going to be Sport mode :-) In truth i'll probably do a few days of the commute in different modes and see what i get then decide what to select.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

There is no 'magic' behind ECOPRO, an ECO orientated driver will be able to operate the throttle like ECOPRO mode does. It does cut ancillaries like seat heating and aircon down to more economical settings, but is that a useful option?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #15
PopeHamish
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Black Edition

Lovely looking car, very impressive.

Mine's due on Monday, to top it off someone has scraped my car this morning whilst it was parked up, should be a good one to explain to the guy collecting it from the lease company!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #16
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
There is no 'magic' behind ECOPRO, an ECO orientated driver will be able to operate the throttle like ECOPRO mode does. It does cut ancillaries like seat heating and aircon down to more economical settings, but is that a useful option?
Quite agree, but I already get in a kind of mindset and play the "economy" game on the way into work, as I think plenty of other people do. I think the ECOPRO mode just helps you get in that mindset and maximise the potential giving the little visual "rewards" and tips.

Of course, there are plenty of times I will use the car to its potential!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #17
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeHamish View Post
Lovely looking car, very impressive.

Mine's due on Monday, to top it off someone has scraped my car this morning whilst it was parked up, should be a good one to explain to the guy collecting it from the lease company!!
Thanks. A few years ago a privately owned car I was about to part-ex got "hit and run" damage a week or so before it was due to go in. The dealer agreed to go 50/50 on the repair costs. Was gutted still, but appreciated that. If it's going to happen then you'd rather it happened to the one you're just about to get rid of!

Enjoy Monday!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Lovely. Exactly the same as mine. Looking to get mine detailed soon to get back that brand spanking new shiny look.

PS. Lol, I'm half expecting 'someone' to mention the bumper colour mismatch.
      03-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I read the bumper colour mismatch threads, but the EBII is so different in different lights so all of the angles of the car seem to make it different. Walking around the car you can't tell any difference in painting IMO but if you see a photo you'll convince yourself if you wish.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #20
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Jimboss and johnny5iv3 must still be out in their new rides. Don't think they've checked in yet. Lol.
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #21
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Quote:
I read the bumper colour mismatch threads, but the EBII is so different in different lights so all of the angles of the car seem to make it different. Walking around the car you can't tell any difference in painting IMO but if you see a photo you'll convince yourself if you wish.
Thats excatly what I think. Lol, I'm just stirring.
      03-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Jimboss and johnny5iv3 must still be out in their new rides. Don't think they've checked in yet. Lol.
I've only done 21 miles! Been busy today before going out later (not in my car either) so i've a decent drive to look forward to. Just uploading mp3's into the stereo - it's great!

Actually good weather to go out and take some photo's of it whilst it's clean, but not sure where to go so i don't look like a saddo!
Appreciate 0