F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Ultimate Drive Smartphone App Offering $300 Credit Towards New 2012 3 Series
proTUNING Freaks

04-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
mfear
South Florida Elite
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Crimson Red/Black

SocialNav, I did a one-pay for the lease (paid all 36 payments up front), we got the car just shy of a month ago (took delivery on 3/26).. i downloaded the app, entered the info, took the picture and got the voucher number.. am I eligible, as well?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfear View Post
SocialNav, I did a one-pay for the lease (paid all 36 payments up front), we got the car just shy of a month ago (took delivery on 3/26).. i downloaded the app, entered the info, took the picture and got the voucher number.. am I eligible, as well?

Thanks!
Hi mfear,

The key here is that you'd already taken possession. The code has to be submitted before you get your car.

Thanks, and hope you're enjoying the drive!

Daniel
P.S. Apologies for the delay. It seems like forums based on vbulletin have a mind of their own when it comes to alerts on thread subscriptions.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #47
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Bump for anyone who doesn't know about this $300 credit.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #48
mocohead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT & 12 128i Msport

I just did this and got my code. I'm taking euro delivery on June 25th so I just squeak-by. Too bad I can't use the Drive for Team USA coupon...oh well. At least I still get my $500 incentive from BMW CCA!!!

This is a neat app. To the developer, I have some ideas for an additional feature. Feel free to PM.

Oh and to BMW, I think this is a really clever bit of marketing and I commend their forward thinking use of social media.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #49
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
I just did this and got my code. I'm taking euro delivery on June 25th so I just squeak-by. Too bad I can't use the Drive for Team USA coupon...oh well. At least I still get my $500 incentive from BMW CCA!!!

This is a neat app. To the developer, I have some ideas for an additional feature. Feel free to PM.

Oh and to BMW, I think this is a really clever bit of marketing and I commend their forward thinking use of social media.
We're glad you're able to take advantage of the offer, and are moderately to thoroughly jealous of your European delivery .

Good driving,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
Mahzari
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

This worked perfectly for me, I can't wait to order my F30. Thanks for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #51
mmaniaci
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Hey socialnav, I was hoping you could help me out. The app doesn't work correctly from my Galaxy Nexus ( Verizon LTE ). Android 4.0.4. Whenever I try to create a "New User" or even attempt to "Sign in", I get a message that says "Network Unavailable, please check settings and try again.". This happens when I'm on wifi as well as 4/3G. I have had the app for a while and it never works. The app works fine on my fiance's Droid 3.

FYI, I am running a custom rom, but i have tried on multiple roms and have the same problem each time. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times also.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaniaci View Post
Hey socialnav, I was hoping you could help me out. The app doesn't work correctly from my Galaxy Nexus ( Verizon LTE ). Android 4.0.4. Whenever I try to create a "New User" or even attempt to "Sign in", I get a message that says "Network Unavailable, please check settings and try again.". This happens when I'm on wifi as well as 4/3G. I have had the app for a while and it never works. The app works fine on my fiance's Droid 3.

FYI, I am running a custom rom, but i have tried on multiple roms and have the same problem each time. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times also.
Hi mmaniaci,

We found out about that one after we pushed out the last update. Basically, there's something different about the networking on the Nexus (we're not 100% sure yet if it's related to the Android version) that makes our app think the network isn't there. We saw something similar on the Thunderbolt 4G when it was first released. Our engineers are looking at it. If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me your email address? I'd like to send you a fixed version when we have it to ensure it solves your problem.

As far as we can tell, the Nexus is the only Android handset seeing this problem.

Regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #53
mmaniaci
Registered
Rep

@socialnav thanks so much for the prompt response! I'll shoot you a PM now!

Update: I can't PM because I am a new user. My email is mikepmaniaci AT GMAIL DOT COM
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #54
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaniaci View Post
@socialnav thanks so much for the prompt response! I'll shoot you a PM now!

Update: I can't PM because I am a new user. My email is
Thanks. I'll get in touch by email.

For the record, please be sure to update to the latest version of The Ultimate Drive.

Regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #55
DualBMWsPA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW X1

Existing Customers of BMW FS?

@SocialNav

Hi - I ordered my 328i on 4/5/12 and am hoping to take delivery around Memorial Day weekend (5/26ish?). I will be leasing the car through BMW FS, but as far as I know, that account hasn't been set up yet. I downloaded the app on my iPhone, but since I don't have a BMW FS account YET - am I going to be able to qualify for this deal?

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #56
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhn2bmws View Post
@SocialNav

Hi - I ordered my 328i on 4/5/12 and am hoping to take delivery around Memorial Day weekend (5/26ish?). I will be leasing the car through BMW FS, but as far as I know, that account hasn't been set up yet. I downloaded the app on my iPhone, but since I don't have a BMW FS account YET - am I going to be able to qualify for this deal?

Thanks for your help!
Hi kuhn2bmws,

Do you have an -existing- account with BMW Financial Services, i.e. with your current car? If so, you're covered. That's really what the language is referring to.

Thanks, and congrats on the 328i,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
Z4
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

This deal is a loyalty program for exist BMWFS customer to discover and buy a new 3 series.

Per socialnav:
Quote:
To be clear, this offer -is- meant for customers who are moving from one lease/loan into a new lease/loan on a new 3 Series. We've expanded the program so it'll work on any *new* 3 Series, be it a 2012 model, an earlier but new model, an M, etc. We've also extended the program to July 31.

Also to be clear - you can give the voucher code (generated in the app) to your CA at any point until you receive the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #58
DualBMWsPA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialnav View Post
Hi kuhn2bmws,

Do you have an -existing- account with BMW Financial Services, i.e. with your current car? If so, you're covered. That's really what the language is referring to.

Thanks, and congrats on the 328i,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

No - we don't currently have an existing account with BMW Financial Services. So if the account is created before we take delivery of the car, that wouldn't count?

Thanks for your help!
Jess

EDIT - just saw jfu's post. Sounds like we won't qualify as we don't currently have, nor have we ever had, an account with BMW Financial Services. This will be our first time financing thru them. BUMMER!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #59
Mahzari
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfear View Post

Thanks!
Quick question, do you get a discount for paying for all the payments at once? I've considered this before, but haven't heard of anyone doing it before
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #60
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhn2bmws View Post
Hi Daniel,

No - we don't currently have an existing account with BMW Financial Services. So if the account is created before we take delivery of the car, that wouldn't count?

Thanks for your help!
Jess

EDIT - just saw jfu's post. Sounds like we won't qualify as we don't currently have, nor have we ever had, an account with BMW Financial Services. This will be our first time financing thru them. BUMMER!
Yes, jfu is dead on.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
Quick question, do you get a discount for paying for all the payments at once? I've considered this before, but haven't heard of anyone doing it before
I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that the $300 credit is valid if you make all payments up front (assuming you submit the code before getting the car).

On a different note, the $500 CCA discount is compatible with the $300 app credit. You can get both.

Regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #62
RedlineSi
Private First Class
Rep

So my dealer still made me pay the whole first payment upfront and said the $300 would be off the next payment. To me, that isn't $300 off the first payment. Did they do something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #63
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

What difference does it make? You get $300 off.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #64
sam0828
Registered
Rep

I checked my first statement today online. It shows a $300 credit from BMWFS as well as a payment of $xxx "paid at dealer" (which was $300 less than the amount of my first payment). But...my agreement with the dealer was for me to put $1300 down which included my first payment as well as inceptions etc. So, either I should have only paid $1000 down after my voucher OR my first billing statement should show $300 less than my payment. Neither of which is done, so basically it looks like I didn't get anything, nil, nada. I am going to call tomorrow, but not sure if I should call the dealer or BMWFS.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #65
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
So my dealer still made me pay the whole first payment upfront and said the $300 would be off the next payment. To me, that isn't $300 off the first payment. Did they do something wrong?
It depend whether it's a lease or a loan and on some bits. You can wait for the first invoice or drop me a PM so I can ask you some more questions and investigate further.

Regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #66
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0828 View Post
I checked my first statement today online. It shows a $300 credit from BMWFS as well as a payment of $xxx "paid at dealer" (which was $300 less than the amount of my first payment). But...my agreement with the dealer was for me to put $1300 down which included my first payment as well as inceptions etc. So, either I should have only paid $1000 down after my voucher OR my first billing statement should show $300 less than my payment. Neither of which is done, so basically it looks like I didn't get anything, nil, nada. I am going to call tomorrow, but not sure if I should call the dealer or BMWFS.
Hi Sam0828,

If you see a $300 credit from BMWFS then you received the appropriate discount for the Ultimate Drive App program. Please speak to your client advisor to clear up the amounts on the other payments. If your is still not resolved, please PM me and we'll help to put you in touch with the right person.

Best regards,

SocialNav, Inc.
Appreciate 0