F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > leased car with mods?
proTUNING Freaks

06-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

leased car with mods?

was just wondering if anyone in the socal area has a leased car with mods and have any experience with taking it in to service with no hassle....anyone?

just wanna know which dealerships (socal la area) are safe to go to without them saying hey this thing is leased stop modding it.

the mods i plan on can easily be removed with no drilling / damage / etc....any help?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
They shouldn't care about it what you do with it now, they will usually only car what it will look like when you turn it back in again

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the lease deal is with BMW NA, not with the dealer

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
They shouldn't care about it what you do with it now, they will usually only car what it will look like when you turn it back in again

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the lease deal is with BMW NA, not with the dealer
just wanting to make sure...the dealer i went to is a corporate dealership so maybe i should take it to a different one. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah if you want to be absolutely sure, you can always visit a different one. But, really, I don't think they will make an issue out of it, all they (should) care about is what the car looks like when you have to turn it back in

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

i just remember telling the salesperson "i already have all these things i want to do to it" and he responds "but its a lease leave it alone"....on the flipside, i said " i should break it in" and he says "who cares? its a lease the drive the shit out of it you're returning it anyways"....WHAT THE?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #6
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
i just remember telling the salesperson "i already have all these things i want to do to it" and he responds "but its a lease leave it alone"....on the flipside, i said " i should break it in" and he says "who cares? its a lease the drive the shit out of it you're returning it anyways"....WHAT THE?!?!
lol but if you drive the shit out of it, it doesn't have to mean you're doing something visually to it. That's the thing, the car should be returned as you got it.. so if you lower it, you will have to bring it back up, wheels need to be stock again, no engine tunes should be there, if you replace the bumpers, you will need to put them back on. And so on and on, that's probably why your dealer said it's best to leave it alone because it is double work to redo everything in 3 years time. If you drive it like crazy and don't make any damages, they wont say anything because nobody would know =)

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

meh - i can do all the work myself....i don't believe in paying $$$ for anything. put some elbow grease into it. and its fun! i can't stand when the labor costs just as much as the part LOL. i will def bring it back to them how it was.....the only reason i asked was because i didnt want to bring it back to stock everytime i go for maintenance LOL...svache seems like we are having some one on ones on two differnet threads haha
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
lol it's no problem.. different threads, different subjects

Yeah as long as you don't mind doing it when you have to return it, I doubt anyone is going to make an issue of it. Besides, like I said, the deal is with BMW NA, that's the one you will have to pay your monthly fees to and that's the one who will send the bill if the car is brought back damaged... the dealer really shouldn't care about it =)

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

I can't see why the dealer cares, other than the Service Dept just being fussy in regards to mods. I got the same spiel on my E92, but it wasn't leased...BMW just gets pi$$y sometimes about mods. I would just try another dealership if you feel it's an issue, but it should be completely unrelated to your lease contract.