F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > A question for Canadian
ARMA SPEED

12-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
benbenwin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Acura TSX

A question for Canadian

Is the lease rate fixed or possible to be lowered based on the credit score? It seems our US friend could have lowered rate. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Temptazn
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

I just leased my 328i xDrive and it seems the rates are fixed @ 4.9%. I heard you might get better rates if you were a returning BMWFS customer.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
benbenwin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptazn
I just leased my 328i xDrive and it seems the rates are fixed @ 4.9%. I heard you might get better rates if you were a returning BMWFS customer.
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the only way for new buyers to lower the rate would be by putting some security deposit. I am thinking about 2013 328i xdrive as well, have you ever considered the x3 since the rate is lower (about 100 less per month with similar packages)? I know it is kind of comparing between apples and oranges.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Temptazn
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenwin View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the only way for new buyers to lower the rate would be by putting some security deposit. I am thinking about 2013 328i xdrive as well, have you ever considered the x3 since the rate is lower (about 100 less per month with similar packages)? I know it is kind of comparing between apples and oranges.
The X3 never came across my mind haha, as I already have an SUV. I was in the market for an sports sedan. But if I were to buy an SUV I would spend a tab bit extra and get myself into an X5. I think it looks better then the current X3.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
benbenwin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The X3 never came across my mind haha, as I already have an SUV. I was in the market for an sports sedan. But if I were to buy an SUV I would spend a tab bit extra and get myself into an X5. I think it looks better then the current X3.
I have the same feeling. The front of the x3 is a little bit of blank to me, x5 certainly looks much better, but there is about two grand difference on the base price, and it seems the two rear wheels get worn faster than the front ones based on the comments of current x5 owners... So I guess 328xdrive would still be my target. By the way, may I ask how much discount did you get for your 328? What package did you get?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Temptazn
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenwin
Quote:
Quote:
I have the same feeling. The front of the x3 is a little bit of blank to me, x5 certainly looks much better, but there is about two grand difference on the base price, and it seems the two rear wheels get worn faster than the front ones based on the comments of current x5 owners... So I guess 328xdrive would still be my target. By the way, may I ask how much discount did you get for your 328? What package did you get?
I was able to get $3,680 off. Not sure if it was a good deal or not as both of the BMW dealerships In town are owned by the same automotive group. But from what I've read it's not to shabby. As for packages, I went with the sport line, prem pkg, exec pkg. I also optioned in the Sirius radio tuner.
      12-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
benbenwin
Private
Rep

Thanks for sharing the information. Wow, I think that really is a good deal. That is about 6~7% off the MSRP. I am thinking the sport line+premium pkg+heated steering wheel+driving assis (not a must). Unfortunately, there is only one dealer here, I am not quite sure they would like to give that much. The quote I currently got so far for an incoming one is basically based on the MSRP, no discount at all. It was quoted for 39 month instead of 48 (I do not know why), and over 900 per month (sport,AP over red, premium, exe, tuner, HUD, drive assis, heated sw), which really is ridiculous. Did you get yours just off the lot, or from a new order?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
Temptazn
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the information. Wow, I think that really is a good deal. That is about 6~7% off the MSRP. I am thinking the sport line+premium pkg+heated steering wheel+driving assis (not a must). Unfortunately, there is only one dealer here, I am not quite sure they would like to give that much. The quote I currently got so far for an incoming one is basically based on the MSRP, no discount at all. It was quoted for 39 month instead of 48 (I do not know why), and over 900 per month (sport,AP over red, premium, exe, tuner, HUD, drive assis, heated sw), which really is ridiculous. Did you get yours just off the lot, or from a new order?
Really? That sucks, Audi was like that when I was shopping around. They would not budge a single cent and told me a ton of B/S on how the A4's were selling like hot cakes. I just upped and left, made the right choice too. How far away are you from the next city? If its not to far I would go visit some BMW dealerships over there and see what they can do. What I would suggest is go in about an hour or two before closing and play hardball. That's what I did when I signed the deal. Also helps if you choose the least experienced sales guy ( my sales guy started 6 months ago ). As for my car they had to do a dealer swap from Edmonton.
      12-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
benbenwin
Private
Rep

Similar story here. I was checking the q5 a while ago, and the Audi dealer seemed I was trying to rob them, I definitely won't go back. The quote BMW dealer provided was their first try, and I have not responded it yet. I will see if I could lower it down, or I will wait a little bit until the deal is acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
Temptazn
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Similar story here. I was checking the q5 a while ago, and the Audi dealer seemed I was trying to rob them, I definitely won't go back. The quote BMW dealer provided was their first try, and I have not responded it yet. I will see if I could lower it down, or I will wait a little bit until the deal is acceptable.
Ahh, I would just give them an offer you feel comfortable with and stand hard on that offer. Just offer them " cost + $1200" and see how they respond to that offer.
      12-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
benbenwin
Private
Rep

Thanks a lot! I will give a try!
Appreciate 0