F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 2014 F30 Coding Questions
proTUNING Freaks

09-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
magnumchode
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

2014 F30 Coding Questions

Hey Guys,

I've spend the last couple of days coding almost everything I had on my wishlist but need some help on a few things. I've searched through several threads but can't seem to find a concise answer on some of these.
  1. Regarding seat belts. I really just want to make it so the gongs don't occur when either myself or my passenger remove their seatbelt. I changed the following three settings, but this also seems to remove the seatbelt warning icon in the HUD/dash when taking off. Is it possible to keep the icons but just remove the gong?
    ACSM / 3000 Ausstattungsflags / SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer -> nicht_aktiv
    ACSM / 3000 Ausstattungsflags / SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer -> nicht_aktiv
    ACSM / 3000 Ausstattungsflags / Initialwarnung_GWF_IW -> nicht_aktiv
  2. Has anyone successfully been able to copy video from USB to the internal drive? I can play video from USB fine, but can't seem to find whether or not someone has been successful in copying it.
  3. From what I read in another thread, I think this isn't possible, but has anyone figured out how to close the sunroof once the rain sensor detects rain? I think the consensus is that it was doable on the e90s but not on the f30s?
  4. Turn signals in the HUD. Is this only possible on the F10s or has someone figured out a way to get it working on the F30s?
  5. My last question is regarding the ConnectedDrive Web browser. I'm in the US & have BMW Apps/ConnectedDrive/BMW Assist from the factory but am missing this menu option. If I understood what I've read correctly, this was disabled for the US & the only way to get it working is to basically spoof my car's VIN in the combox to that of a car in a country where this isn't disabled. Is this accurate?

Thanks for any help you can give. You guys are awesome!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

OP, great questions. I'm about to pick up my 2014 335i and am curious to know what else you've coded on your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
magnumchode
Rep

Attached is a spreadsheet of what all I've changed so far. It's a little dirty & I just made it to keep track of the original settings & the new settings I coded since all of the cheatsheets out there have so many options that don't apply to the F30, but it might help. A lot of this was copied verbatim from other threads or entries made to the database program PandaNL made. I do have this one setting set too low though & need to change it:
FEM_BODY / 3053 / KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN
I don't want to wear out my mirror motors & every time I lock the doors the mirrors fold in where it should probably be a long-press of the CA/Keyfob button instead. I thought it would be awesome but I can tell now that they weren't meant to be folded/unfolded multiple times a day.

After reading my original post I think I may have missed the obvious too. I think resetting Initialwarnung_GWF_IW to it's original value might turn the seatbelt icons back on while leaving the gong off. I'll try this when I redo my mirrors.

I also have some info about the In-Vehicle Internet browser from a conversation I had with Drewsky over at Bimmerfest. He said you have to pay about $250/yr for it through BMW Assist to have the option active. He said he added it to his BMW Assist contract when he took delivery of the car so he's not 100% sure the option wasn't in his menus originally, but it was definitely an extra subscription required for the US market. He did say it's next to worthless though because there's no way to prevent the speedlock & the browser is crippled with no Java/Flash support or even cookies. I've lost pretty much all desire to even make this work for free via coding after talking with him about it.

The only things I would truly like to get working that I haven't figured out are the HUD turn signals & copying USB video to the internal drive, if those are even possible.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2014 F30 coding.zip (11.3 KB, 694 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
For your seat belts, try this:
  • Initialwarnung_GWF_IW = aktiv (seat belt reminder (visual and audible) on vehicle startup)
  • SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer = nicht_aktiv (seat belt reminder - driver)
  • SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer = nicht_aktiv (seat belt reminder - passenger)
  • Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA = aktiv (seat belt status display - driver)
  • Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF = aktiv (seat belt status display - passenger)

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
magnumchode
Rep

Cool, thanks Shawn! I'll give it a shot when I get home. While I got your attention, do you know if my assumptions about the HUD turn signals not working on an F30 & copying USB video to the internal drive not working in any model are correct? I just don't want to keep spinning my wheels on these two items if someone knows that they definitely aren't doable yet & if anyone would know I'm thinking it's you.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumchode View Post
Cool, thanks Shawn! I'll give it a shot when I get home. While I got your attention, do you know if my assumptions about the HUD turn signals not working on an F30 & copying USB video to the internal drive not working in any model are correct? I just don't want to keep spinning my wheels on these two items if someone knows that they definitely aren't doable yet & if anyone would know I'm thinking it's you.

Thanks again!
I code HUD Turn signals in F01, F10, and F12/F13's all the time. I can't remember though if I ever coded them to work in F30 or not. I don't have a lot of F30's come my way.

I don't know about USB Video on HD at all. With NBT, yuo can code and play them from external device, but I have never bothered with the hard drive. For me, there is no reason to bother with the hard drive. Using a 32 gb thumb drive gives you more space and without the hassles of moving files. Why even bother with the HD?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
magnumchode
Rep

I can get video to play from a flash drive already with no issue so I'm on the same page there. It's just that the single USB port is a hot commodity. I use an android phone where the BMW Connected app is underdeveloped & missing several features, most importantly to me the Web Radio feature. I have a spare iPhone5 that has no cellular service that I have tethered to my android phone which just sits in the console all the time so that when I want to play any web-based radio I can just select it from the head unit without having to do anything. I figured if I could copy the handful of videos that I would play to the internal hard drive it would keep me from having to constantly switch between the iPhone5 & the flash drive on the USB port.

I know I could get a snap-in & accomplish the same goal (if one exists yet for the iPhone5), but it's hard to justify the cost for a device I don't even use as a phone. I'm also looking into setting up a wireless DLNA hard drive in the trunk powered from the 12v trunk outlet so this might give me the same end result. 1TB+ of video & music just on & ready whenever the car is on if it works like I think it might. Has anyone ever dabbled in this & gotten it to work with something other than a notebook/phone? I really like the idea but only if it could be a hard drive out of sight that just always works.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
magnumchode
Rep

Just an update, setting Initialwarnung_GWF_IW back to aktiv made the seatbelts work exactly how I want them.

Turn signals in the HUD aren't working using the 3 settings that everyone uses for the F10s so I think those are out. I'm also pretty sure that USB video copying to the internal hard drive is not possible at this point for any model.

For some reason the WLAN_STATUS = acktiv doesn't seem to work for me so maybe that option no longer works in the 2014 F30s. It enables the WLAN menu under connections but I can't check the "Enable" box to actually turn it on. It probably would have been a pain to setup a DLNA drive successfully & be difficult to update with new media anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
Darth Vader
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
I can get video to play from a flash drive already with no issue so I'm on the same page there. It's just that the single USB port is a hot commodity. I use an android phone where the BMW Connected app is underdeveloped & missing several features, most importantly to me the Web Radio feature. I have a spare iPhone5 that has no cellular service that I have tethered to my android phone which just sits in the console all the time so that when I want to play any web-based radio I can just select it from the head unit without having to do anything. I figured if I could copy the handful of videos that I would play to the internal hard drive it would keep me from having to constantly switch between the iPhone5 & the flash drive on the USB port.

I know I could get a snap-in & accomplish the same goal (if one exists yet for the iPhone5), but it's hard to justify the cost for a device I don't even use as a phone. I'm also looking into setting up a wireless DLNA hard drive in the trunk powered from the 12v trunk outlet so this might give me the same end result. 1TB+ of video & music just on & ready whenever the car is on if it works like I think it might. Has anyone ever dabbled in this & gotten it to work with something other than a notebook/phone? I really like the idea but only if it could be a hard drive out of sight that just always works.
Hi Magnum, can you play video files from USB flash? What kind/format?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #10
magnumchode
Rep

Yes & pretty much every format I throw at it works. I primarily do mkv's & mp4's though. I do a lot of music videos that are mp4 & you can actually add album art to the mp4 file so if you split screen the display you'll get video in the 2/3 & album art + track info in the 1/3.

I'm pretty sure that mine just natively worked. It's kind of confusing to figure out how to play video at first though. You have to go to Media -> External Devices -> Your USB Flash Drive & then from there, you scroll down to what I think is called the the "Additional Media" icon. Then a submenu pops up & you hit videos (with the other option being podcasts I think). I can't remember for sure if that's what these menus actually say but if you can't find it let me know & I'll take pictures.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Darth Vader
Rep

Thanks Magnumchode,
Maybe my car needs some coding because there is no options after External Devices-USB select, just play audio files.
Anybody knows the coding to play USB videos files on iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
magnumchode
Rep

No problem! Not sure if it helps, but check this thread out:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829209

The 4th image down on the first post is what the video icon looks like.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Darth Vader
Rep

Quote:
No problem! Not sure if it helps, but check this thread out:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829209

The 4th image down on the first post is what the video icon looks like.
Yes that icon it's missing on mine
Thanks anyway
Appreciate 0