F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > h&r super sport lowering springs 340i alignment specs?
ARMA SPEED

06-08-2023, 12:56 AM   #1
meronshabba
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 340i

h&r super sport lowering springs 340i alignment specs?

Just lowered my rwd 340i on hr super sport lowering springs, wondering what everyone’s camber/alignment specs look like!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 06:52 AM   #2
SwiftDawg
Rep
Drives: 440i

I've just lowered my 440i on these as well and it's booked in for alignment on Monday, I'll let you know how it goes. On a side note, I've waited just over a week to ensure the springs have properly settled before getting an alignment, not sure if that will make much difference but I saw someone else recommend it. I haven't done many miles since lowering so there should not be much affect on tyre wear
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 07:31 AM   #3
Cytoplasm0671
Armchair Aristocrat
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

I had my car on jack stands for a week replacing the clutch, wheels were hanging loose, and now the car rides a little higher so certainly the springs stretched. By extension there's definitely a settling of springs over time
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 10:36 AM   #4
meronshabba
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDawg View Post
I've just lowered my 440i on these as well and it's booked in for alignment on Monday, I'll let you know how it goes. On a side note, I've waited just over a week to ensure the springs have properly settled before getting an alignment, not sure if that will make much difference but I saw someone else recommend it. I haven't done many miles since lowering so there should not be much affect on tyre wear
Yea people say wait 1-2 weeks for them to settle. But please let me know how it goes! I installed 15mm spacers in the back but it’s rubbing. So I’m gonna get it aligned and measure to see what spacers I should get
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 06:20 AM   #5
SwiftDawg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronshabba View Post
Yea people say wait 1-2 weeks for them to settle. But please let me know how it goes! I installed 15mm spacers in the back but it’s rubbing. So I’m gonna get it aligned and measure to see what spacers I should get
Ah I've also got 15mm spacers on the rear and I've had a faint tapping noise since installing (before lowering), I'm yet to properly investigate but I couldn't see any obviously signs of rubbing. I was under the impression that it had something to do with the longer wheel bolts catching on something within the hub (the noise is very faint and increases with speed).

With that said you've now got me wondering if it is in fact rubbing somewhere, I will try and find some time over the weekend to check this out.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #6
Cytoplasm0671
Armchair Aristocrat
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDawg View Post
Ah I've also got 15mm spacers on the rear and I've had a faint tapping noise since installing (before lowering), I'm yet to properly investigate but I couldn't see any obviously signs of rubbing. I was under the impression that it had something to do with the longer wheel bolts catching on something within the hub (the noise is very faint and increases with speed).

With that said you've now got me wondering if it is in fact rubbing somewhere, I will try and find some time over the weekend to check this out.
I had this exact issue and it was long bolts rubbing. You can confirm by removing all of the bolts from a rear wheel and seeing if any of them has a shiny flat spot near the tip
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 04:24 AM   #7
SwiftDawg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytoplasm0671 View Post
I had this exact issue and it was long bolts rubbing. You can confirm by removing all of the bolts from a rear wheel and seeing if any of them has a shiny flat spot near the tip
Thanks for this, I checked and it was the bolts. I already had the spacers from an old E92 but had to order new bolts, I searched the standard F32 length online and then just ordered ones that were 20mm longer (spacer size). Stupidly I didn’t actually compare the 2 bolts side by side when they arrived and instead just fitted them. What I’ve since realised is that the new ones are way longer (around 40mm), I think the error was that the source online was measuring the total bolt length (including head), while the replacements I brought were measured at thread length only.

Comparison of the 2 attached. Hopefully this didn’t cause any damage to the hub internals..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 04:27 AM   #8
SwiftDawg
Rep

I got the alignment done, results attached showing the before and after. I’m not that knowledgable on this but it definitely looks like it needed doing. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0