F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > A few questions about upcoming March ED
GetBMWParts

02-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
OneLastBMW
Sarcasm while you wait.
Rep
Drives: 2017 F33 B58 xDrive

A few questions about upcoming March ED

I have a 440i xDrive Convertible that will be done later this month for a March 10, 2017 ED. Waiting for a 2018 slot would have cut it too close or maybe not even been possible and I'm really only doing ED because I happen to have a trip to France for work that week. I will no doubt enjoy the Welt experience and driving around Germany for 3 or 4 days but it's about the money this time. My only cost is the $100 RT air from Paris and a few extra days food and hotel. I am buying it and likely keeping it for while so while some of the LCI stuff is cool, I am fine with the 2017.

Since someone will ask:
440i xDrive Convertible
Glacier Silver / Black / Ash Grain
M Sport
CWP
DHP
Adaptive M Susp
M Sport Brakes
442m 19" Orbit Grey, Mixed Perf. Tires
Driver Assistant Pkg
Tech Pkg
Top/Side Cameras

My delivery is scheduled with check in @ 8:00 am and 9:20 actual delivery. That seems more rushed than I'd like and I'll likely end up driving out the door, parking and going back in to roam the Welt. I haven't tried to contact anyone yet but was curious:

Have any of you showed up a day early to look around and if so did you get museum, VIP lounge access or were you just another tourist ? I will likely fly into Munich early afternoon the day before delivery.

Has anyone tried to schedule a later time slot (same day) with any success ?

Last edited by OneLastBMW; 02-10-2017 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

I'm not sure I'm going to the right place for you, but you will check-in at 8. That just tells the delivery people you're there. If you have luggage, you can leave it with the check-in people. Later, they'll begin the delivery process at 9:20. So you'll have almost an hour and a half to roam the Welt, which from my experience is more than enough time. You'll also get a voucher for the bar/restaurant that you can go to during that period.

At 9:20, you'll be called to a desk to go through the delivery paperwork. They'll then walk you down to your car with some pretty un-German showmanship (you'll understand when it happens). Your luggage will be loaded in your car and they'll spend all the time you want going through the car's functions. So it could easily be 11 am or later before you actually drive out of the Welt (yet another bit of showmanship). You'll love it all. It's a spectacular experience. (I've done five!)

On a separate note, if you want a later delivery time, ask your dealer to ask for a new time now. My experience is that they'll get an answer from Germany within 24 hours.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #3
OneLastBMW
Sarcasm while you wait.
Rep
Drives: 2017 F33 B58 xDrive

Thanks, that is helpful. I did request a later time slot directly with BMW shortly after my original post and did get it moved to later that same morning. They were booked solid in the afternoon.
Appreciate 0